• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok then, what's happening?I wasn't here for a couple days so please update me

AHFOD announced!

In keeping with their trend of experimentation, in order to expand their horizons the new album will be a gangsta rap album.

Guy came out as a transgender woman.

The Bakery burst into flames. (Cupcake meets amp accident)

Will lost his drumsticks. (The chicken ones mind you)

People still going on about AROBTTH on the forum.

Tour of Azerbaijan announced for 2016.

All in all, you didn't miss much.

AHFOD announced!

In keeping with their trend of experimentation, in order to expand their horizons the new album will be a gangsta rap album.

Guy came out as a transgender woman.

The Bakery burst into flames. (Cupcake meets amp accident)

Will lost his drumsticks. (The chicken ones mind you)

People still going on about AROBTTH on the forum.

Tour of Azerbaijan announced for 2016.

All in all, you didn't miss much.

Also, Chris is converting to a US citizen to become the main supporter of Kanye West's presidential campaign.

Who is Debs?

(sorry if I sound ignorant)

This is who Debs is :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">17 years ago today an amazing lady called Debs Wild discovered us in a tiny bar in Manchester. Without her, no Coldplay. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/thankyoudebs?src=hash">#thankyoudebs</a> PH</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/643495553075122176">September 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, there goes another Monday that could have been a memorable one in Coldplay's timeline. However, the chances of finally getting to hear at least one new song (I rather expect a medley of two or three new songs) at iHeart Radio festival are high as never before. Only four days to go, guys! And then, HOPEFULLY, our wait will pay off.

Yah if you try that, I shall whip out my mighty ban hammer to keep the cool here ò___Ó

You know, there are some chili peppers, so hot that just nothing helps to cool it down - it will basically be the same with our reaction if Coldplay doesn't give us anything at the festival. :laugh3:

I'm back yet again!

Okay, If I can shortly interject on this and give my opinion (without dragging it all up again). The whole reason I sought to seek out this messageboard in the first place was because as a massive fan of Coldplay's older work, I felt slightly disenfranchised after GS. I wanted to share my opinion with other Coldplay fans and wanted to express my apprehension in waiting for LP7 because I had a similar feeling before GS came out, so maybe it's that feeling that your picking up as people judging the album before it is released? It's natural for a fandom to compare artistic work to previous artistic work, maybe that's not fair. Maybe we should judge everything as a stand alone creation, but that will never happen. The fact is when LP7 is released, music critics are going to compare it to AROBTTH. That's life.

Also, on the "high quality post" thing. Sometimes I don't feel like writing a sociological thesis on the state of modern music and capitalism. I just want to relax and share my opinion with other Coldplay fans.

I understand that people will compare this album to older albums. That's life. That's a part of being a fan or a critic. You're going to take what you know and compare it to past eras. It's human nature. But we certainly shouldn't complain about it if we only have unofficial imagery. It's fine to compare but we shouldn't be full out whining already.

Also, you don't have to write a sociological thesis. It's okay to relax and share you're opinion. But if the quality of posts is at least a little bit decent it'll make reading them a whole lot easier than if you make spelling errors and mistakes all everywhere and don't at least have a little explanation and organization in your thoughts. Just a little bit. You don't have to overdo it. All I'm saying is if you have a bit of decent quality in your posts, everything's good. It's not like an essay where you have to get everything right and have tons and tons of info. Just a little bit of effort in posts is all I was saying because it'll make it easier for you and many other fans to read. Now you're doing fine with that as it is so you don't need to worry too much. :P

If only Coldplay singles were dropped as easily as Australian prime ministers.

LOLLL you win. Wow. Well played sir! Have a cookie :P

Despite our initial optimism, I don't think today will be our day guys :(

I'm not really feeling it either. But that's okay. I wasn't really expecting anything today really and I'm patient enough to wait up to 2 weeks. Maybe even 3. But it's highly likely the first single will be released long before then. :D

Yah if you try that, I shall whip out my mighty ban hammer to keep the cool here ò___Ó

If that is the case you'd better act on it quick before the forum crashes because of it lol