✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the title! It gives them a chance to make a album without a typical style... They can put titles on the album, which different styles... like one edm song for chris, one x&y song for johnny... I think this album title give them freedom to work, because dreams can be very unnaturally... I don't expect a EDM album... It's my interpretation about the album title... Sorry for my bad english:laugh3:

Is it for real? Doesn't anyone think he is joking?

Even though he sounds very serious when he said it, he always good at keeping secret.

I don't think he will let this title go this easy.

I am still thinking about this option i hope anchorman tweets about that ASAP

Coldplay announce next album will be their last

Coldplay's Chris Martin says the band's seventh album, A Head Full of Dreams, will be 'the final thing we're doing'

weekend-coldplay_2921703b.jpg

Coldplay are working on their final album, Chris Martin has said.

A Head Full of Dreams, the band’s seventh studio album, is likely to be their last.

“We haven’t told anyone this but we’re making an album called A Head Full of Dreams. We’re right in the middle of it.

“It’s our seventh thing, and the way we look at it, it’s like the last Harry Potter book or something,” Martin told BBC Radio 1’s Zane Lowe.

“Not to say that there might not be another thing one day, but this is the completion of something.

“I have to think of it as the final thing we’re doing. Otherwise we wouldn’t put everything into it.”

Coldplay released their debut album, Parachutes, in 2000.

Their sixth, Ghost Stories, was released in May.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11274719/Coldplay-announce-next-album-will-be-their-last.html

Coldplay reveal album title A Head Full of Dreams

_79520759_chrismartin.jpg

He made the announcement after Magic was officially voted Radio 1's Hottest Record of 2014.

Chris Martin said: "We haven't told anyone this. We're making an album called A Head Full of Dreams.

"We're right in the middle of it and because it's you (Zane Lowe) and Radio 1, this feels like, Ok I'll tell you!"

He added: "I feel a bit nervous telling you because I didn't get permission!

"But that's what we're doing. It's our seventh thing and the way we look at it is like the last Harry Potter book or something. Not to say there might not be another thing one day but this is the completion of something.

"It was great to go from Ghost Stories to go right back into the studio and now we're making things that sound different.

"I have to think of it as the final thing we're doing otherwise we wouldn't put everything into it. Then we will go on tour."

Coldplay beat Slipknot, Hozier, Eminem and the 1975 to finish top of Radio 1's Hottest Record of 2014 with Magic.

The song was released as the lead single from their sixth album, Ghost Stories on 3rd March 2014.

Chris Martin said: "We're very grateful and want to say thank you to the listeners for voting."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30339012

Coldplay's Chris Martin says the band's seventh album, A Head Full of Dreams, will be 'the final thing we're doing' (...) but this is the completion of something.

Don't you just love it when news articles pick out something from an interview, completely out of context, just to get lurid headlines?

Don't you just love it when news articles pick out something from an interview, completely out of context, just to get lurid headlines?

im pretty sure he said the same thing with GS as well. pretty much all interviews with him has the standard line "this may be the last thing we do, so we got to give it everything we go" (or something along them lines lol)

Shitty journalism imo

im pretty sure he said the same thing with GS as well. pretty much all interviews with him has the standard line "this may be the last thing we do, so we got to give it everything we go" (or something along them lines lol)

Shitty journalism imo

:nod::nod::nod:

I don't know, part of me can't stop thinking it's not 100% serious... let's be real here, Chris has done more interviews than I care to think of where he's been joking (Coldplay theme park interview, anyone?!) If nothing else, I hope that if it is for real then they change the title, it sounds so cheesy! Also, is no-one else a little sceptical about the 2015 release date? We haven't had an under-3-year turnaround since Parachutes and AROBTTH, so for LP7 to be out only a year after LP6 seems very strange to me. Much as I'd love a new album as soon as possible (more Coldplay material can only be a good thing!) I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

As for the 'completion' thing, part of me freaked out when I saw that because the thought of Coldplay never having any new albums makes me want to cry, but rationally I know Chris has said that so many times before and I think for them it's just a way of making sure they put their all into it, to make sure that they never become complacent - if you think that something's going to be the last thing you do, you make sure you do it well. Well, that's what I'm hoping, anyway.

this basically says it all:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Journalism rule #2: Don’t take anything Chris Martin says at face value. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/coldplay?src=hash">#coldplay</a></p>— Warren Chrismas (@warrenchrismas) <a href="https://twitter.com/warrenchrismas/status/540850668333174784">December 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

anyway, the only time chris hasn't said that the album at the time could be the last is after viva and GS. and this is just out of context.

So the news sites and music blogs are having fun with this one proclaiming it's the"End of Coldplay". I feel they are doing it just to "sell newspapers" THE BLOGS THAT IS. I definitely do not think its the end, just a new chapter or as Chris said in so many words. "the completion on something" or something like that. You could not get that boy off the stage if you tried

I don't think this is the end, but the fact it is the completion of something makes it unlikely it is going to be a return to the organic, more intense music of Parachutes/AROBTTH IMO...

But I really hope I'm wrong and that Rihanna is nowhere to be found...