✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the title being A Head Full of Dreams. I feel like it was Chris's idea and the rest of the band went along with it. (Hopefully they change it!) To me, it just doesn't fit right with all the other album titles. I agree, I don't think it will be similar to AROBTTH at all, but who knows? Honestly, I'll be happy with whatever style of music they decide to go in with AHFOD.

I agree it could sound as a cheesy title, but after "Mylo Xyloto" and "Ghost Stories" and the lyrics on these album, I wouldn't say "A Head Full of Dreams" sounds noticeably different. Lyrics on these last albums have been pretty straightforwad and simple (of course there has been few exceptions with some songs). It seems like Chris consciously just let's the lyrics come out as natural and pure as he can. He has tried to express in interviews several times something like "the feeling of the lyrics is more important than meaning". And I think although these lyrics have been simple, there is more deep feeling of honesty and purity in them than you may think at first. I would say that most of the Coldplay songs aren't lyrical masterpieces, but they still manage to sounds great and catchy.

Maybe "A Head Full of Dreams" doesn't say much at first, but who knows what is the deeper meaning behind it. Maybe there is some strong concept behind it and they felt that it could be named only "A Head Full of Dreams" although it's sounds really cliched.

I also think that the titles and lyrics may feel different to people who are natural at English and those who aren't native speakers, although they are at really good level.

Guest howyousawtheworld

It's quite obvious what's going to happen after LP7.

Chris will go on to release a pop solo album with collaborations from all his Hollywood buddies

Will will form a medieval English folk group

Guy will continue making northern European electronic music with his pals from Scandinavia

And Jonny will make that jazz album he set his heart on a long time ago.

It's quite obvious what's going to happen after LP7.

Chris will go on to release a pop solo album with collaborations from all his Hollywood buddies

Will will form a medieval English folk group

Guy will continue making northern European electronic music with his pals from Scandinavia

And Jonny will make that jazz album he set his heart on a long time ago.

I'm looking forward for the Will medieval english folk group. That could be awesome LOL

I was thinking that maybe "A head full of fears has no space for dreams" could have been a better title. It is a longer one and it sounds more like "Viva la vida or death and all of his friends" instead of more similar to "A sky full of stars", which is the case of the actual title. God, now I want that they can rethink about it and change the title for that one.

I was thinking that maybe "A head full of fears has no space for dreams" could have been a better title. It is a longer one and it sounds more like "Viva la vida or death and all of his friends" instead of more similar to "A sky full of stars", which is the case of the actual title. God, now I want that they can rethink about it and change the title for that one.

I like that one too! Would've been a great title.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Maybe "A Head Full of Dreams" doesn't say much at first, but who knows what is the deeper meaning behind it. Maybe there is some strong concept behind it and they felt that it could be named only "A Head Full of Dreams" although it's sounds really cliched.

What you say about the concept is true. too. When Ghost Stories was released as a title, I just felt "meh" about it. But after its release and concept art, it all worked for me. I think AHFOD will probably do the same thing, I dislike the title this time, that could change by giving it strong album artwork and hopefully some atmospheric, dreamy soundscapes, and maybe even some diverse lyricism that doesn't rest on "I'm in love" "I am sad" "stars" "once upon a time" "birds make me feel better" etc.

When I think of A Head Full Of Dreams, I am hoping for a very alternative rock album, with dark, interesting atmosphere that sometimes is quite colourful and bizarre. Knowing that "it is the end of something" I hope that elements of what has made Coldplay great in the past all come full circle: spacey, electronic production, sad dark introversion, beautiful explosive and hopeful songs, great instrumentation, solid vocals, a running theme, and A PLETHORA OF SOUNDS from every member.

What is more likely is that AHFOD could easily be MX 2. Perhaps it is like Boo Boo Boo described, Random Acts with every song being randomly produced or featuring another artist. Maybe the dreams are all optimistic pop songs that are strange only in that each has a different flavour and guest.

So what will it be? A creative rebirth of sound and alternative flare like Viva? Or another pop smash full of dreams only in the cheesiest of senses? "anything is possible" "you can do it!" "follow your dreams!"

^Oooooh, that is a great album. I dunno, I think there is a possibility they do a few songs in that musical vein.

Also, what do people think of Atlas Project's idea for AHFOD's cover? B4CyqfzCcAAjXKM.jpg

I actually really like it! Not that I think the boys would go with something like this, but maybe a little similar?

^Oooooh, that is a great album. I dunno, I think there is a possibility they do a few songs in that musical vein.

Also, what do people think of Atlas Project's idea for AHFOD's cover? B4CyqfzCcAAjXKM.jpg

I actually really like it! Not that I think the boys would go with something like this, but maybe a little similar?

Happy you like it. It was just for fun & it took me about 15 mins, the text is maybe a couple of pts too small & offset by a few pixels. On reflection, and putting it side-by-side with the other 6 albums, one thing is consistent, a central focal point. This one doesn't really have that, so it would never be a Coldplay cover lol. I used the Viva font & yes, boobs, 'cause, why not?