✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am skeptically optimistic, yet more worried than ever about AHFOD. First of all, I am troubled when they interview and talk about GS as a "risky album" and an "experimental record" and then go on to say AHFOD will be more bright (the daytime) and more tourable. For me, GS was just as safe as all of their other albums. It has beautiful slow burn songs, and 4 massive pop tunes (Magic, Ink, True Love, ASFOS) Midnight was definitely a step outside the box, but I would say the same about Major Minus, Chinese Sleep Chant, and Low in the past...

So if the latter mentioned pop songs are "risky" then I am definitely worried that the next album will be even more poppy. Furthermore, we know now that the songs will mostly be in the same vein as GS, and that Chris said, perhaps much to the chagrin of Will, that he hopes people can "slide their feet to it."

This is an indicator to more EDM influences in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that today's interviews showed the guys praising Sam Smith, Disclosure, and Ed Sheeran, all of whom are very dancy right now. Maybe they are just showing respect to their Grammy friends, but I really am hoping AHFOD is optimistic in the way some of Viva's/MX's songs were and not like ASFOS.

By "so many different levels" you mean all levels, right? That song is some bad ass stuff. It's 100% perfect. I still don't understand how the band wasn't smart enough to put it in the album and make that a single.

Yes I did mean on all levels and I completely agree that the song is some bad arse stuff...hot, hot, HOT! If LP7 is like this then there will be a whole album of FIRE!!!!

GS may not have got onto the album as such but it's still there and its so beautifully unique and special....mesmerised....

"@coldplaying: A Head Full Of Dreams -We now know Coldplay's 7th album will be colourful, uplifting & "will be fun to shuffle your feet a little bit" to!"

"@coldplaying: Chris also used "Anything is possible" during a message on Radio 2.

Remember this (True Love video)? http://t.co/nokIU41xTp/s/dtfK"

Ok I'm officially super excited for LP7! Whatever the theme is for AHFOD, it's going to have to relate to never giving up on your dreams no matter how much the odds are against you. We already have Miracles, A Head Full of Dreams, and the soon to be famous quote "Anything is Possible". I think this will be the most emotional and uplifting album yet with a massive worldwide tour featuring the new, changing color xylobands. Coldplay is approaching this album like it's their last which makes me confident that we are about go embark in their biggest album yet. I can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as i would love a deep rock album like X&Y or something like AROBTTH i can amagine something like VLVODAAHF. It's mostly upbeat and definetly uplifting. If LP7 sounds like that i will love it. Just please dont make it too childish or too much EDM like.

You are a rockband, remember that.

As much as i would love a deep rock album like X&Y or something like AROBTTH i can amagine something like VLVODAAHF. It's mostly upbeat and definetly uplifting. If LP7 sounds like that i will love it. Just please dont make it too childish or too much EDM like.

You are a rockband, remember that.

its not about being a rock band, its about being a band composed by 40 years old men

if its going to be like 12 strawberry swing, then im ok with it

but its 12 dont let it break your heart this is going to be my least fav album

btw the theme of hope is pretty boring and corny and pls coldplay stop talking about that, we got it, theres hope for everything

A Head Full Of Dreams will have 12 tracks:

4 tracks that sound like ASFOS

4 tracks that sound like All Your Friends

4 tracks that sound like Ghost Story

I only believe stuff that is reported by BooBooBoo! Just kidding.

I feel tingles of excitement. Sounds so perfectly balanced which is just genius! I have a sneaky feeling it's going to be PURE brilliance! So freakin excited....

By "so many different levels" you mean all levels, right? That song is some bad ass stuff. It's 100% perfect. I still don't understand how the band wasn't smart enough to put it in the album and make that a single.

The best stuff is kept for the fans. I like it that way.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

Ok Coldplayers. I've been thinking for a little while about opening another thread. This will be called the LP7 Era Facts Thread. I've been through at least 5 different LP7 threads including all 90 pages of this one. I'm not sure if there are enough if any users who feel the way I do, but I don't like to cloud what we know about LP7 with miscellaneous guesses, personal wishlists and baseless rumours.

I'm not sure if this is too similar to this current thread, but ever since BBB came along, ive been reading too much in the way of wishlists and not enough concrete facts. The way I'd like to see it is this current thread for discussion and mine for actual facts that ppl can refer to.

I hope this doesn't come off as bashing this thread or its participants but this type of discussion is just not for me. If anyone would like to see this new thread happen, just leave a thumbs up or a reply.

Edit: I hope this doesn't come off as thumbs-up whoring either. Feel free to unthumb-up if/after I make the thread

Edit2: I went ahead and made the thread after 2 votes lol.

Ok Coldplayers. I've been thinking for a little while about opening another thread. This will be called the LP7 Era Facts Thread. I've been through at least 5 different LP7 threads including all 90 pages of this one. I'm not sure if there are enough if any users who feel the way I do, but I don't like to cloud what we know about LP7 with miscellaneous guesses, wishlists and rumours.

I'm not sure if this is too similar to this current thread, but ever since BBB came along, we've been posting too much in the way of wishlists and not enough concrete facts. The way I'd like to see it is this current thread for discussion and mine for actual facts that ppl can refer to.

I hope this doesn't come off as bashing this thread or its participants but this type of discussion is just not for me. If anyone would like to see this new thread happen, just leave a thumbs up or a reply.

Gotta love some rational thinking. I would love to know the facts from fiction. Definite thumbs up from me! Thank you.

BBB was wrong about the Munich/BBC show. So...

There was a change of setlist right before the start of the Munich show, probably it was only because they found out about BBB...

So all speculation and feelings on how we think the album is going to be stays here correct?

I think so, this thread should be called LP7 Random ChA©ts aka "In memories of BooBooBoo"

its not about being a rock band, its about being a band composed by 40 years old men

if its going to be like 12 strawberry swing, then im ok with it

but its 12 dont let it break your heart this is going to be my least fav album

btw the theme of hope is pretty boring and corny and pls coldplay stop talking about that, we got it, theres hope for everything

Spot on, mate. Coldplay hasn't been an actual rock band for a while now, but they have always made mature music. If the majority of songs on this album are going to be about "hope," and "anything is possible." I will be enormously disappointed UNLESS they can actually make it sound mature. Strawberry Swing, Lover's in Japan, and maybe HLH are good examples. Solid, beautiful , uplifting songs made by skilled musicians. ASFOS is not mature sounding to me.

I am super worried though. If this album is going to be bright and colourful again, dancy and considering Chris' lyrics of late, well, this could be their most radio friendly, least alternative endeavor to date. And it if it truly comes out as a companion to GS, then we know it will be heavily electronic rather than instrumental. I love electronic music, but it remains my worst fear from Coldplay when they slip into sheer sheeny pop. It is when their quality dips significantly in my opinion, especially with ASFOS.

I am skeptically optimistic, yet more worried than ever about AHFOD. First of all, I am troubled when they interview and talk about GS as a "risky album" and an "experimental record" and then go on to say AHFOD will be more bright (the daytime) and more tourable. For me, GS was just as safe as all of their other albums. It has beautiful slow burn songs, and 4 massive pop tunes (Magic, Ink, True Love, ASFOS) Midnight was definitely a step outside the box, but I would say the same about Major Minus, Chinese Sleep Chant, and Low in the past...

So if the latter mentioned pop songs are "risky" then I am definitely worried that the next album will be even more poppy. Furthermore, we know now that the songs will mostly be in the same vein as GS, and that Chris said, perhaps much to the chagrin of Will, that he hopes people can "slide their feet to it."

This is an indicator to more EDM influences in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that today's interviews showed the guys praising Sam Smith, Disclosure, and Ed Sheeran, all of whom are very dancy right now. Maybe they are just showing respect to their Grammy friends, but I really am hoping AHFOD is optimistic in the way some of Viva's/MX's songs were and not like ASFOS.

Where did you hear Chris say that he hopes people could "slide their feet" too it? If that's the case then I'm really worried about this album. Don't get me wrong, ASFOS is awesome and one of the best songs on GS, but I don't want a whole album of that.

^ He said it during the Jo Whiley interview on Monday while sitting next to Will. The jist of what he said was basically that they want it to be a bit more colorful and grander (not necessarily more bombast) and that he would would hope that people could slide their feet to it. At that point he kind of cowered and Will gave him a little look haha.

I can't find the link on the BBC 2 website anymore, but if find that thread someone may have uploaded it! But others can vouch he said it. I should say that I don't have a problem with dance music really, I mean I usually danceto Coldplay songs like ASFOS, Yellow, Paradise, and my favourite is Midnight and Lost, but if Chris is saying "slide your feet" then it must be VERY danceable if he doesn't consider their earlier work to be. Of course, he could have just been joking, but, I don't think so .