✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They should have reunited with Jon Hopkins or something for this album. Would have made the production way better. I just cant listen to the original versions because Chris' vocals are not clear at all, especially on Everglow. Perhaps Stargate uses really shitty mics. The production is not clear either. The drums and vocals need more reverb. The instruments need to be spaced out a bit more. They also need to keep a control of the balance of production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol Jon Hopkins should just produce all of their future albums.

Now we know what's next to the bird on the right.

wemfinal-1-1.jpg

[MEDIA=instagram]BGow15zIlkV[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGow15zIlkV/

888819bf48ab5ff9d38c5db563c59ec5.jpg

Which lyrics could there be on the top, next to Phil?

Part of the lyrics of Up&Up

[MEDIA=instagram]BGpuAQOgbEN[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGpuAQOgbEN/

[MEDIA=instagram]BGptx0AAbDy[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGptx0AAbDy/

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've been away for a while and now I feel like I have to share some stuff, I don't know why. But when AHFOD came out, I really hated the record. Although I liked AOL (it was released on my birthday and I played it multiple times during my party), I thought the rest of the album was shit. Everglow and Up&Up were okay, but the rest? I didn't want to like the band anymore. I've been a huge fan since Parachutes and this was too much. But after a few weeks I listened to AHFOD again and I started to like it. I started watching interviews again and I finally understand this album. Although I still haven't listened to Army of One for a second time, I can feel what this is. Everything that the boys have been doing for the last twenty years is in this record and I feel very much connected to it, which is great. Honestly, Up&Up just gives me goosbumps and it's so inspiring for me. And I don't care what people think about that, just like Chris doesn't give a f*ck about critics either. The two solo's that Jon plays in the song give me so much energy, it's crazy. Anyway, I like the band again and I feel privileged for it. I've seen them four times in The Netherlands now but this year I decided not to buy tickets for the ArenA cause at the time of the ticket sale I wasn't really positive about it. Yesterday I hated the fact that I didn't get tickets for this show.

Today I feel different again. I feel like I'm a different fan than all the other people around me. When I was in high school, everybody knew I was the biggest Coldplay fan in town, which was very uncool in their opinion. Yesterday and today I saw posts on social media of these people who were attending the gigs in Amsterdam. Fuck that. They don't know shit. People are suddenly surprised that Chris is a nice, humble and enthousiastic guy. They believe this is the last album. They don't even know they wrote a song called Amsterdam. One of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written is not even known by 70% of the audience last night. I don't want to be in a crowd like that. Ofcourse: there were a lot of crazy fans like me in the audience tonight and that's great. They still exist. But all the media were crazy about the fact the boys played here tonight and nobody knows anything about them really. They all ask the same questions and they all talk stupid about it. I get really unhappy because of that. I just think people don't understand what this band is all about and how special this album (and the previous ones) is. People who were laughing at me are suddenly acting as fans, while I'm sitting here going crazy about the fact that Amsterdam was played tonight, but they just didn't care. They probably took a bathroom break.

• Like 17

• 4 weeks later...

Its been over 6 months since the release and no signs of B-sides.....So I am making a prediction.

My guess is that this Fall, when the North American Tour is wrapping up, they will release a Deluxe version of AHFOD that includes several extra tracks or remixes. Why? This seems to be the new trend record labels are going for. EPs are no longer viable, and random b-sides are out of stye (at least for Coldplay). It took Arcade Fire almost 2 years to release a deluxe version of Reflektor that had 5 extra tracks. I am betting Coldplay will just tack on some bonus tracks with a deluxe release, maybe an acoustic version of something, maybe a remix. That just makes sense. More people would buy it, including me.

It seems the band wants to really make a long, drawn out era for AHFOD with years of touring, so they have plenty of time frankly to release more material to boost sales. They used the Superbowl, the Latin American Tour, the European Tour, and now, the North American Tour, to prop up album sales.

Anybody agree?

• Like 7

Its been over 6 months since the release and no signs of B-sides.....So I am making a prediction.

My guess is that this Fall, when the North American Tour is wrapping up, they will release a Deluxe version of AHFOD that includes several extra tracks or remixes. Why? This seems to be the new trend record labels are going for. EPs are no longer viable, and random b-sides are out of stye (at least for Coldplay). It took Arcade Fire almost 2 years to release a deluxe version of Reflektor that had 5 extra tracks. I am betting Coldplay will just tack on some bonus tracks with a deluxe release, maybe an acoustic version of something, maybe a remix. That just makes sense. More people would buy it, including me.

It seems the band wants to really make a long, drawn out era for AHFOD with years of touring, so they have plenty of time frankly to release more material to boost sales. They used the Superbowl, the Latin American Tour, the European Tour, and now, the North American Tour, to prop up album sales.

Anybody agree?

I agree. It happened with this band called PVRIS. They released the standard edition of their debut album White Noise back in 2014. But it took them 2 years to release the deluxe edition. It included 3 new tracks, one of them was released as a single and another was an acoustic version of that single. If they do this, I am certainly buying the CD in order to complete my collection.

EDIT: I am also predicting a greatest hits album (perhaps another The Singles Vinyl Collection for 2008-2017). This seems to also be a common trend among bands when it's the closing chapter for that band (or so to speak). It happened with bands such as Fall Out Boy (who released a greatest hits collection before their hiatus in 2009) and My Chemical Romance (After their breakup in 2013 though they are set to return this year). EDIT: Both of these collections contained unreleased tracks. I'm not saying they could be breaking up or going on a hiatus. I am saying that if what Chris describes AHFOD as the "closing of a chapter" for the band is true, then we could see a drastic change in the band's sound for their next album.

• Like 1

Anybody agree?

I would like this very much. Make the bonus disc 10 or 11 tracks with the best leftovers, the inevitable dancey remixes, and maybe acoustic versions of stuff from the original album. Bonus points if one of the leftovers is Voodoo, which was a song title mentioned in one of the interviews (I can't remember which one).

Oh, and I want to hear what some of the songs would sound like without all the Stargate fluff. Some of that has been accomplished live (Up&Up), but it would be interesting to hear more of the songs with back-to-basics production.

• Like 3

It happened with bands such as Fall Out Boy (who released a greatest hits collection before their hiatus in 2009) and My Chemical Romance (After their breakup in 2013 though they are set to return this year). EDIT: Both of these collections contained unreleased tracks. I'm not saying they could be breaking up or going on a hiatus. I am saying that if what Chris describes AHFOD as the "closing of a chapter" for the band is true, then we could see a drastic change in the band's sound for their next album.

Yeah, a greatest hits record is definitely in order for Coldplay seven albums in, which could easily include some bonus stuff on it. However, with all the live albums they have released, I doubt they will pursue one unless their label demands it (isn't the contract up though?). Plus it doesn't seem Coldplay's style, if they had to choose. And just to go a little off topic--MCR is one of my favorite bands! The news today was exciting, but I don't know if that means they are getting back together or if they are just rereleasing TBP on its 10 year anniversary! Who knows!

I would like this very much. Make the bonus disc 10 or 11 tracks with the best leftovers, the inevitable dancey remixes, and maybe acoustic versions of stuff from the original album. Bonus points if one of the leftovers is Voodoo, which was a song title mentioned in one of the interviews (I can't remember which one).

Oh, and I want to hear what some of the songs would sound like without all the Stargate fluff. Some of that has been accomplished live (Up&Up), but it would be interesting to hear more of the songs with back-to-basics production.

Totally agree. Voodoo sounded very interesting and non-poppy. This era had such a unique mix of influences that never fully felt explored to me (Indian instrumentation, brass sections, disco, etc) We need more music to continue the vibes of say, Kaleidoscope, or to give something like Army of One without the flashy Stargate production. Also, didn't Chris say in a pre-Glasto interview that they weren't going to be premiering any "b-sides"? I think it was just a joke, but maybe they have some stuff they still want to share?

It is like with Viva. The album itself is perfect, but is brimming with influences. Prospekt's March helped us get more Baroque pop (Rainy Day), more ambience (poppyfields) and more of the acoustic vibe they tried for (NMFWTTG). Those B-sides help make the era feel more complete in a way.

• Like 5

Yeah, a greatest hits record is definitely in order for Coldplay seven albums in, which could easily include some bonus stuff on it. However, with all the live albums they have released, I doubt they will pursue one unless their label demands it (isn't the contract up though?). Plus it doesn't seem Coldplay's style, if they had to choose. And just to go a little off topic--MCR is one of my favorite bands! The news today was exciting, but I don't know if that means they are getting back together or if they are just rereleasing TBP on its 10 year anniversary! Who knows!

I expect an extension of the contract to be honest. Parlophone has such a high profile band under their belts, I think they will want more from Coldplay to get more sales out of this era of AHFOD. It's not like Coldplay are going to sign off of their label 7 albums in. Also, I am also very excited about the MCR news. I dont think its going to be something as simple as the re-release of The Black Parade (perhaps a comeback tour of some sorts?), but we will have to wait and see I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest diogo_sg
What about that statement posted on Coldplay/Official (a huge fansite) earlier today:

Chris Martin confirmas a 'new' coldplay song and an app are in development

Is it already discussed anywhere else ?!

I think there was some discussion about it in the SiriusXM gig thread, but nothing big.

I don't know what to think, to be honest!!! Chris didn't give away much in the interview. But I'm very excited! [emoji16]

What about that statement posted on Coldplay/Official (a huge fansite) earlier today:

Whoa, that could be huge news! I wonder if the new song is just an AHFOD leftover or if it's brand new for a film soundtrack?

• Like 1

Yeah, Atlas Project tweeted the audio where Chris talked about the new song(s) (as he put it, "a few new songs") and the app. There's a lot of buzz on Twitter about it, but not here for some reason. I guess we'll find out what it's about sometime in the next year!

• Like 1

Love reading your posts here... all this idea of a long-term AHFOD tour... a possible album with extra tracks... and Chris saying there's a new song!! Seriously guys, I'm smiling right now, you made my day haha :dance:

(fangirl mode on lol)

• Like 5

Finally some B-sides?? :D Who knows. When he says "some new songs," in the interview, they are speaking about live shows, so it could just be that Chris was referencing playing Fun or XMTS or something from AHFOD they haven't really touched on yet for the rest of the tour? But I am still counting on a deluxe album with b-sides and maybe some remixes or acoustic versions that improve upon tracks I am not crazy about.

• Like 3

Yeah, Atlas Project tweeted the audio where Chris talked about the new song(s) (as he put it, "a few new songs") and the app. There's a lot of buzz on Twitter about it, but not here for some reason. I guess we'll find out what it's about sometime in the next year!

Full SiriusXM interview: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?resources/2016-08-07-chris-martin-interview-with-siriusxm.146/ :D

• Like 1