✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surprisingly, yes for me. In general my opinion of the songs has gone up since their release. The only song I still don't really like is Everglow lol :p Have no idea why. Anyways, what helped me significantly was @MC01Coldplay's rearrangement of the album. Check it out here → https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/wonderful-adventure-ahfod-rearragened-remade-by-mc01-download.108259/

It's quite good. If you are still having trouble having this album grow on you, I'd suggest doing the following:

1. Go 1 month without listening to any AHFOD songs.

2. Start listening to @MC01Coldplay's edit.

The only thing I don't like about the edit is that it "pretty much" doesn't include XMTS. Oh well, still good.

HOW ABOUT YOU? [ATTACH]6629[/ATTACH]

honestly, even if you liked or loved AHFOD from the start, still go check out this edit because it is just INCREDIBLE.

• Like 1

Surprisingly, yes for me. In general my opinion of the songs has gone up since their release. The only song I still don't really like is Everglow lol :p Have no idea why. Anyways, what helped me significantly was @MC01Coldplay's rearrangement of the album. Check it out here → https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/wonderful-adventure-ahfod-rearragened-remade-by-mc01-download.108259/

It's quite good. If you are still having trouble having this album grow on you, I'd suggest doing the following:

1. Go 1 month without listening to any AHFOD songs.

2. Start listening to @MC01Coldplay's edit.

The only thing I don't like about the edit is that it "pretty much" doesn't include XMTS. Oh well, still good.

HOW ABOUT YOU? [ATTACH]6629[/ATTACH]

Holy cow I'm only halfway through the first track and I'm already in love

• Like 2

Thank you both very much! I keep making edit's too it and now I have another version with a couple more edits. Mostly just extra drums.

But wow thanks a lot for the shout out.

No problem, you deserve it. Keep making those edits. I'm willing to listen to all of them :)

• Like 1

Thank you both very much! I keep making edit's too it and now I have another version with a couple more edits. Mostly just extra drums.

But wow thanks a lot for the shout out.

Hey. I have tried to download it but it seems that the download page doesn't exist anymore. I've heard your latest version of AHFOD on soundcloud but I saw there should seperate tracks to download.

Hey. I have tried to download it but it seems that the download page doesn't exist anymore. I've heard your latest version of AHFOD on soundcloud but I saw there should seperate tracks to download.

Oh. Well I have another updated version (I got access to the 6 blu-ray tracks) and have made a couple more edits. I'll change the link in about an hour, just check back on the original thread then.

Thanks

• Like 2

Hey. The link should be all fixed. Thanks for downloading!

EDIT: Here is the link: https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/wonderful-adventure-ahfod-rearragened-remade-by-mc01-download.108259/

• 6 months later...

I've got Coldplay tickets for sale. The concert is at Quicken Loans Arena on Saturday, August 19th at 7:00. They are great seats and we will sell for way under what we paid. Let me know if you're interested. We bought them before moving away and now we can't use them. Anyone interested???

1958982796_ScreenShot2017-07-24at7_49_41PM.png.0c4b4244a360949ea0f09d6df26320ad.png

Anyone agree with me that AHFOD's tracklisting should have actually looked like this:

1) A Head Full Of Dreams (with Chaplin speech intro)

2) Birds

3) All I Can Think About Is You

4) Everglow (Single Version)

5) Adventure Of A Lifetime

6) Kaleidoscope

7) Hypnotised

8) Colour Spectrum (with AOAL and AICTAIY instead of HFTW in flashback)

9) Miracles (Someone Special)

10) A L I E N S

11) Moving To Mars (re-released)

12) Up&Up (with Brian Eno production instead of Stargate, electronic drum samples cut)

I mean, c'mon. If history had a different order of events, this is what we could have got. Moving To Mars would have been easy to re-record, too, so that A L I E N S could glide straight into it.

Anyone agree with me that AHFOD's tracklisting should have actually looked like this:

1) A Head Full Of Dreams (with Chaplin speech intro)

2) Birds

3) All I Can Think About Is You

4) Everglow (Single Version)

5) Adventure Of A Lifetime

6) Kaleidoscope

7) Hypnotised

8) Colour Spectrum (with AOAL and AICTAIY instead of HFTW in flashback)

9) Miracles (Someone Special)

10) A L I E N S

11) Moving To Mars (re-released)

12) Up&Up (with Brian Eno production instead of Stargate, electronic drum samples cut)

I mean, c'mon. If history had a different order of events, this is what we could have got. Moving To Mars would have been easy to re-record, too, so that A L I E N S could glide straight into it.

I think we should've gotten an album full of songs similar to Moving to Mars, Aliens, and Major Minus instead of mx. It was the vibe they were going before Rihanna got to their heads and Brian Eno left during the MX sessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Crazy we are already a few months away from AHFOD's 2nd Birthday.

I feel like I have already consumed every review, interview, article, etc of the album, but still feel like we are missing a track-by-track breakdown? With (almost) every other album I feel like we got an idea of what they were going for on each track, but I feel like they have hardly commented on AHFOD, Birds, Kaleidoscope, Fun, Army of One, Amazing Day? And for most the KEP tracks as well....

Anybody have some piece of media that I missed that gets more into it?

• Like 2

I feel like I have already consumed every review, interview, article, etc of the album, but still feel like we are missing a track-by-track breakdown? With (almost) every other album I feel like we got an idea of what they were going for on each track, but I feel like they have hardly commented on AHFOD, Birds, Kaleidoscope, Fun, Army of One, Amazing Day? And for most the KEP tracks as well....

I think so too and I doubt there is a statement for most of the songs on the album, because no one asked them.

This is the only interview that is more focused on the album

Most of the others is just the same questions-answers over and over

• Like 3

I think so too and I doubt there is a statement for most of the songs on the album, because no one asked them.

This is the only interview that is more focused on the album

Most of the others is just the same questions-answers over and over

That interview is with a Belgian radio presenter. [emoji4]

There is a 2nd part with Guy & Will

• 3 weeks later...

Interviewers don't ask questions that the diehard fans like us want to hear answered (like, I don't know, maybe questions about the actual music they create?). It pisses me off when interviewers ask about personal lives. I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about Gwyneth Paltrow.

Zane Lowe's interview with Chris is the best interview. Both times with Howard Stern were great too, for the most part.

I also really like the interviews when they come into their studio, or when they have them reflect on old albums.

If I had 20 minutes with the band, like you said, I would ask about each song on the album, or how Chris wrote the song "Birds" or whatever, or their specific feelings a decade later on X&Y and each track on it. But the general public doesn't care about that. They care about how Beyonce is on the new album, or how Chris is dealing with his divorce.

And I feel like I've watched/read every interview available for the entirety of the band's career, and I don't ever hear anything about the rest of the band's writing, like how Jonny comes up with his excellent lead guitar lines and riffs.

• Like 5

Interviewers don't ask questions that the diehard fans like us want to hear answered (like, I don't know, maybe questions about the actual music they create?). It pisses me off when interviewers ask about personal lives. I couldn't give 2 sh*ts about Gwyneth Paltrow.

Zane Lowe's interview with Chris is the best interview. Both times with Howard Stern were great too, for the most part.

I also really like the interviews when they come into their studio, or when they have them reflect on old albums.

If I had 20 minutes with the band, like you said, I would ask about each song on the album, or how Chris wrote the song "Birds" or whatever, or their specific feelings a decade later on X&Y and each track on it. But the general public doesn't care about that. They care about how Beyonce is on the new album, or how Chris is dealing with his divorce.

And I feel like I've watched/read every interview available for the entirety of the band's career, and I don't ever hear anything about the rest of the band's writing, like how Jonny comes up with his excellent lead guitar lines and riffs.

THIS.

The number of times in AHFOD Era interviews in which the main question was "What was it like to call up Beyoncé ?" instead of anything about how the music is written. And it is true that no one ever talks about how Jonny creates his guitar riffs or Will develops drum patterns.

And no one ever cares to ask about older B-sides, some of which literally know nothing about - how they were written, what inspired them etc.

• Like 4

I would like to know Chris's explanation on XMTS

We actually do know a little bit about the making of X Marks The Spot:

You’ve said you wanted to write a song for Rihanna. The hidden song on this album, X Marks the Spot, sounds like one you might have done for her?

Funnily enough that’s the one Stargate didn’t do. We did that with our sound guy Dan (Green) who makes tracks in his spare time. When the album was about to be handed in I asked Dan if he had any drumbeats, I wanted to send a video message to my brother. He gave me this thing he’d been working on, I made this silly message for my brother. I went upstairs for a drink and this melody and lyrics just came pouring through, I ran back down and asked Dan if we could use the track, we made X Marks the Spot in 10 minutes. F--- it, let’s take a risk and put it on there. I love that song.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/coldplays-chris-martin-tells-were-at-the-point-where-we-can-get-through-a-concert-without-playing-anything-sh/news-story/a2d6cdb7cfcde912b57c925bb42b6aed

• Like 1