✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplays sexiest song?

ladypro615

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of sexist...

How about I put it more explictly. I am a straight male, therefore I do not get sexually excited off Chris singing: "But it's not easy when she turns you on..." I can, however, imagine females do.

I think you'll find I was not being sexist at all, you were being a slight feminist :)

I believe the sexiest song is X&Y... Yes is also there, but in a different, dark way... :sneaky:

X&Y is more like, let's make love... on a tidal wave... :wink3:

Most sexist song: Shiver I think.

Most racist song: Yellow. I mean "Cause you were all Yellow..." must be awkward singing to a Japanese crowd right?

Hahahhaha :D

please dont get that feminist/sexist shit on here

arobtth14: male can admit that other males are sexy without being labeled "a fag", just cause you are straight doesn't mean you can't compliment another man

but

and i say but

arobtth14 is allowed to feel uncomfortable admitting such things so he liked to point out he's a straight male so, easy there, blue nails, he's not being sexist

(btw i am a female and i find that feminism nowaydays is shaping in a bad way, people get offended about everything, just think of yourself and not what the others think about female/equality because in the end no one really gives a shit about what you think)

Yeah I was afraid of this. I was typing a nuanced explanation but I didn't want to turn it into something so I left it at the three words. It was just an observation, and it was also tongue-in-cheek. (People talking about sexism and then someone mentioning male/female.)

I never tried to put you on the spot ARoBttH14, if I did I'm sorry.

I am not a feminist. I just wished people didn't think in gay versus straight, or even male versus female, because it's not that black and white. That's all.

Yeah I was afraid of this. I was typing a nuanced explanation but I didn't want to turn it into something so I left it at the three words. It was just an observation, and it was also tongue-in-cheek. (People talking about sexism and then someone mentioning male/female.)

I never tried to put you on the spot ARoBttH14, if I did I'm sorry.

I am not a feminist. I just wished people didn't think in gay versus straight, or even male versus female, because it's not that black and white. That's all.

Haha, it's fine. I take peoples views on how they love each other about as seriously as people's varying choices of chocolate: It doesn't matter! Everyone has different tastes, so I don't see why people should take an issue in buisness that isn't their, especially in a subject so intimate as loving another person. But I'm sorry if I overreacted :)

How about I put it more explictly. I am a straight male, therefore I do not get sexually excited off Chris singing: "But it's not easy when she turns you on..." I can, however, imagine females do.

I think you'll find I was not being sexist at all, you were being a slight feminist :)

The way you phrased it can be taken to mean, without your further clarification, that "as a male I do not get attracted in a romantic or sexual way by other males and this is the truth and default for how males are and should be." Which can be sexist even if you did not intend it. Also, that's not exactly the meaning of feminist. Blue nails was simply calling you out on something that could potentially be interpreted as sexist. Putting aside the fact that feminist does not imply "bad", one does not have to be a feminist or a masculinist to see something and decide to speak out on whether it's biased towards one gender or the other.

Anyhow I'll get out of here because I didn't realize what subforum this was in.... waiting for my physical copy. :)

The way you phrased it can be taken to mean, without your further clarification, that "as a male I do not get attracted in a romantic or sexual way by other males and this is the truth and default for how males are and should be." Which can be sexist even if you did not intend it. Also, that's not exactly the meaning of feminist. Blue nails was simply calling you out on something that could potentially be interpreted as sexist. Putting aside the fact that feminist does not imply "bad", one does not have to be a feminist or a masculinist to see something and decide to speak out on whether it's biased towards one gender or the other.

Anyhow I'll get out of here because I didn't realize what subforum this was in.... waiting for my physical copy. :)

I was talking about the sensitivity if it. I have never been called sexist and IRL, I actually have more girl-space-friends than guy-space-friends. If I'm honest, it was more homophobic than sexist. Eventhough I'm not. I have never found music "sexy" if I'm honest, I've found it uplifting, emotionally engaging and thought provoking, neither me or my male peers, have every described music as "sexy" before. Therefore, I presumed (and aparently presumed wrong) that it is not a word males do associate with music. Anyway, we've already solved it soo...stahp now plz! :)

• 2 weeks later...