✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Guest kmm1482
Anyone know where I can find a longer version of this?:

Yes! Yes! More of this!! Just go nuts, guys! Just jam out on guitars and drums. Leave the fucking Beyoncé, drum machines, ex-wives and kids, and Top-40 sound at home. Just go crazy with a rock song! You've proven that you can make music for tweenagers, make music for adults again!

If only they would make music for us grown-ups again.

They still are but you just don't "get it". Coldplay have evolved onto a higher genre mixing level of intelligence than your musical ear can understand. ;-)

• Like 1

Guest kmm1482

What are you guys talking about?? This album is a masterpiece! For one, Everglow is the best song they've written since Yellow, Hymn for the Weekend makes The Scientist sound like Speed of Sound! And X Marks the Spot has REALLY grown on me in the two times I've heard it. The guys are making music that Beyoncé, Stargate and Gwyneth tell them should make them happy and they've evolved soooo much in the past 3 years since I've first discovered them.

What are you guys talking about?? This album is a masterpiece! For one, Everglow is the best song they've written since Yellow, Hymn for the Weekend makes The Scientist sound like Speed of Sound! And X Marks the Spot has REALLY grown on me in the two times I've heard it. The guys are making music that Beyoncé, Stargate and Gwyneth tell them should make them happy and they've evolved soooo much in the past 3 years since I've first discovered them.

I don't care what the music sounds like (it's the best eva anyway!) as long as Chris is happy and looking cute Chriz4life xxx.

• Like 2

Guest kmm1482
I don't care what the music sounds like (it's the best eva anyway!) as long as Chris is happy and looking cute Chriz4life xxx.

This could literally be an actual quote

This could literally be an actual quote

The craziest thing is,if a brand new band came out with this album, most people on here would dismiss it and never buy it. Its only because people are blinded by the fact it's their favourite band that they repeatedly listen to the songs and try and say they're great and "it's really growing on me" . We're all guilty of that to an extent with out favourite bands, it's difficult to admit it when they produce rubbish.

• Like 4

Then this thread isn't for you... This thread is filled with MX/GS/AHFOD haters and Neutralplayers who are here just to embrace Oldplay.

Way to generalize the entirety of the new fanbase.

Not all, but a lot.

Really, what can you expect when you're doing collaborations with the likes of Rihanna, Beyonce, Tove Lo and producing songs like X Marks the Spot and Army of one? (Not to mention Chris going on trash reality television like The Voice and X Factor :rolleyes:) It's the tween market this album is aimed at.

I feel so exhausted when I try to make people see the difference between the AROBTTH live video and the ASFOS live video, and people tell me they are equally good.

"They're both equally good in different ways!" lmao :rolleyes:

We've had this bullshit since MX. They can't provide you with a detailed technical argument justifying the crap so they act like 14 year old hyped up girls. Haven't you seen their posts?! It's full of "haha" and "YOLO" and all that nonsense.

• Like 3

http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/coldplay/news/coldplay-rock-music-has-been-done/

"Coldplay have revealed that they feel "rock music has been done".

The fourpiece - who have just released their A Head Full Of Dreams album - have explained why they wanted to move away from their guitar-based sound.

"We felt like rock music has been done," Chris Martintold The Telegraph. "The future of music is in new sounds and new ways of treating vocals. We wanted to add those colours to our palette.”

The band may have been responsible for some of the biggest indie love songs of the noughties, but it looks like they may be done with the genre because there isn't much more they feel can contribute to it.

Bassist Guy Berryman explained: “There’s an awful lot of rock music already out there. I’m not sure there is anything left to add.”

Well, this made me sad for rock music and the future of Coldplay. Pop music has definitely been done so I don't think it has much to be added to either then.

Unfortunately some of the arguments about the new fans cannot be neatly summed up to include the old fans... Look at the ones who joined up here, before say 2005... most of us are a bit less extreme with our views on the band. I think we can acknowledge some aspects are not the best lately, but then given the number of changes this band has done, we usually try and look for the positives. Also, I think some of us genuinely do enjoy the music in a different capacity

http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/coldplay/news/coldplay-rock-music-has-been-done/

"Coldplay have revealed that they feel "rock music has been done".

The fourpiece - who have just released their A Head Full Of Dreams album - have explained why they wanted to move away from their guitar-based sound.

"We felt like rock music has been done," Chris Martintold The Telegraph. "The future of music is in new sounds and new ways of treating vocals. We wanted to add those colours to our palette.”

The band may have been responsible for some of the biggest indie love songs of the noughties, but it looks like they may be done with the genre because there isn't much more they feel can contribute to it.

Bassist Guy Berryman explained: “There’s an awful lot of rock music already out there. I’m not sure there is anything left to add.”

Well, this made me sad for rock music and the future of Coldplay. Pop music has definitely been done so I don't think it has much to be added to either then.

I have no problem with them doing something other than rock. I'd love to see them do an ambient album (a-la Midnight) or a neo-classical album (a-la Viva) I just want to see them keep their credibility and integrity intact.

Very convenient for them to say "Rock has nowhere to go" while pumping out the most generic, banal top-40 inspired rubbish they can.

• Like 5

I have no problem with them doing something other than rock. I'd love to see them do an ambient album (a-la Midnight) or a neo-classical album (a-la Viva) I just want to see them keep their credibility and integrity intact.

Very convenient for them to say "Rock has nowhere to go" while pumping out the most generic, banal top-40 inspired rubbish they can.

Or, they are making pop music because they truly felt that that rock music had nowhere to go. Instead of them making pop music and being like "Well... what do we say to our fans? I know! Let's say rock is dead to justify our turn to pop!" That's not what happened. Don't make it seem like it is. Why am I here anyway, Bye.

Or, they are making pop music because they truly felt that that rock music had nowhere to go. Instead of them making pop music and being like "Well... what do we say to our fans? I know! Let's say rock is dead to justify our turn to pop!" That's not what happened. Don't make it seem like it is. Why am I here anyway, Bye.

That's not what I meant at all. I'm saying it's quite ironic for them to say that there's nowhere artistically to go in rock while their artistry is in steep decline and current day pop music is banal, unoriginal and generic.

Thank you for this post. It exactly demonstrates what we've been talking about!

Guest kmm1482
Then this thread isn't for you... This thread is filled with MX/GS/AHFOD haters and Neutralplayers who are here just to embrace Oldplay.

I think the sarcasm of my post is quite clear. And this thread was NOT made for "haters" of the post-Viva sound. It was made for people who prefer a pre-MX sound and want discuss how great that sound was.