✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Like in Christa42's recent "revealing" post that, Chris, like other musicians, shared that most of their songs come from a higher place, rather than intentional making process, like channeling those energies into music people could enjoy, connect to, even, feel united and empowered.

I guess, it is a matter of time, when you were connected to those energies; and in another, current, or future, the new energies. Listening to X&Y, like taping into that time/space - quite important page of my life. And, as life unfolds, they move on with both music making and personal lives, so as everyone and everything.

I saw someone in the AHFOD thread say that "A Head Full of Dreams, Birds, Hymn For the Weekend is the best 1-2-3 punch Coldplay have produced."

I just about fell out of my chair. Not only is it not the best, it's probably not even in the Top 4 of the 7 albums they've produced.

Life In Technicolor - Cemeteries of London - Lost! is EASILY the best opening/1-2-3 punch, in my opinion. And it's not even close.

• Like 1

I saw someone in the AHFOD thread say that "A Head Full of Dreams, Birds, Hymn For the Weekend is the best 1-2-3 punch Coldplay have produced."

I just about fell out of my chair. Not only is it not the best, it's probably not even in the Top 4 of the 7 albums they've produced.

Life In Technicolor - Cemeteries of London - Lost! is EASILY the best opening/1-2-3 punch, in my opinion. And it's not even close.

That's hilarious.

For me the best 1/2/3 punch has to be Politik, In My Place, GPASUYF.

"Nothing else compares"

• Like 1

Guest kmm1482
That's hilarious.

For me the best 1/2/3 punch has to be Politik, In My Place, GPASUYF.

"Nothing else compares"

Was just going to say this. Start off heavy, then tone it down a bit, then ramp it up a little mlre

Guest kmm1482
Just a question for all of the oldplayers who have been fans since before MX was released....

What did you think Coldplay's worst song was before Princess of China?

As far as songs I'd generally (not always) skip over, I'd say either The Hardest Part or A Whisper. Still prefer them over anything nowadays

Guest kmm1482
Hmm

I recall never really liking Green Eyes. I skipped over High Speed fairly frequently also.

Oh man, for me High Speed had the tone and feel for which the rest of the album revolved around. Just a wavy, groovy, chill sound that really lent itself to improvisation of the guitar.

The mentality of some of these brand new Coldplay fans who think AFHOD is the second coming, make my head hurt.

What about old Coldplay fans? I wouldn't quite call it the second coming, but I do think it's a fairly good / above average album musically speaking, and from my own enjoyment point of view (coz I do like music that is not too challenging to the ears) I'd give it 4-4.5/5...

Guest kmm1482
What about old Coldplay fans? I wouldn't quite call it the second coming, but I do think it's a fairly good / above average album musically speaking, and from my own enjoyment point of view (coz I do like music that is not too challenging to the ears) I'd give it 4-4.5/5...

I'm very glad you like it! Personally, I would give the album a 2.5/5 I really like a few songs, but the rest is nails on a chalkboard to me.

I'm very glad you like it! Personally, I would give the album a 2.5/5 I really like a few songs, but the rest is nails on a chalkboard to me.

I can understand that point of view too... Some of those sounds used to grate on me, but I guess with time I have learnt to appreciate other aspects of those sounds... I guess I have very accepting and tolerant ears :)

Just a question for all of the oldplayers who have been fans since before MX was released....

What did you think Coldplay's worst song was before Princess of China?

Viva la Vida or Yes

The mentality of some of these brand new Coldplay fans who think AFHOD is the second coming, make my head hurt.

Can't wait for people to ask who "newcomer" Coldplay is. (happened with Paul McCartney)

Guest kmm1482
I can understand that point of view too... Some of those sounds used to grate on me, but I guess with time I have learnt to appreciate other aspects of those sounds... I guess I have very accepting and tolerant ears :)

I have very tolerant and accepting ears as well. The thing is, with time, these sounds will become more dated and worse, just like disco.

The thing is, with time, these sounds will become more dated and worse

The current (or most of the) music industry, ladies and gentlemen.

If you listen to the radio often, you hear a song about 100 times then a month later, it's gone from the face of the earth; then it's awkward to listen to it again. ASFOS *cough*

• Like 1

Thanks fpr inviting me into the thread. When I listened to the new album last week my first thought which came to my mind was..."it's must be Chris Martin's first solo album". Honestly, there is no point of Will Champion being in the band anymore. *Provocative Speaking...

Where are real drums? Especially, I'm missing the Hi-Hat...there is no! My critics has nothing to do with my wish to get back AROBTTH. I'm also the opinion that the first three albums had the same style but each with some new elements in it. In addition, the new album has nothing to do with breaking boundaries. They mentioned in an interview that they don't give a shi* about other opinions and they just want to have fun in the studio... I hope other band members are individuals and don't want to have electronic equipment for the next album ...I mean all those crazy things which have grown since MX. If anybody does not know what I mean, please watch back and forth and the grammy speech of Dave Grohl.

[MEDIA=dailymotion]xomnj5[/MEDIA]

I would say I'm an amateur when it comes to making music and I don't say the new album is just bad...but I don't like their development. I would love the next album to be like BRNS "My Head is into you"

[MEDIA=spotify]path=track%2F4ROMzzLAszkA3fnxVIv1TM[/MEDIA]

...probably it will never happen, but I'm still hoping...a straight forward instrumental rock/pop album. In addition I got the impression the last three albums where similar...so why not turn back to something good. If they will continue their path with some weird collaborations, no drums and plastic sounds I would be very disappointed...unfortunately they reached a level were there can sell anything...(I still don't find the new album the worst album ever)...please just have a look why they didn't get any Grammy for their last albums

...just take your time and come back great...