This is how I feel about Coldplay's music:

iFJ9VDZ.jpg

For me it goes

AROBTTH 9.9/10

Viva / Parachutes 9.5/10

X&Y 9/10

MX 6.5/10

AHFOD / GS 4.5/10 ; 5/10 on a good day

I have a lot of thoughts about each album and why they're in that position but I don't know if I can put it all together lol.

It's always a pleasure to come across this thread! I've a question for you today: does anyone know where the strange and muffled sounds in Easy to please come from? I've always liked that strange but beautiful effect and the sincere and somewhat raw atmosphere you can hear in their first songs.

It's always a pleasure to come across this thread! I've a question for you today: does anyone know where the strange and muffled sounds in Easy to please come from? I've always liked that strange but beautiful effect and the sincere and somewhat raw atmosphere you can hear in their first songs.

If I am right, they put a microphone outside the studio during a recording session and recorded the noise coming from the street then they edited it

For me, the ranking goes like this:

AROBTTH 100/100 Best Songs: Clocks, Amsterdam, Politik, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, the whole album lmao Worst Songs: N/A

X&Y 95/100 Best Songs: Square One, Low, Talk, Speed Of Sound, Twisted Logic Worst Songs: Til Kingdom Come

Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends 91/100 Best Songs: Cemeteries Of London, Chinese Sleep Chant, Life In Technicolor, Viva La Vida, Strawberry Swing Worst Songs: N/A

Ghost Stories 90/100 Best Songs: Midnight, Magic, O (Fly On), Always In My Head, True Love Worst Songs: Another's Arms

Parachutes 85/100 Best Songs: Trouble, High Speed, Shiver, Yellow Worst Songs: N/A

MX 70/100 Best Songs: Major Minus, Charlie Brown, Us Against The World, Don't Let It Break Your Heart Worst Songs: Up In Flames, Princess Of China (meh it's okay I guess)

AHFOD 65/100 Best Songs: A Head Full Of Dreams, Birds, Amazing Day, Kaleidoscope Worst Songs: Army Of One, X Marks The Spot, Hymn For The Weekend

Guest kmm1482
If I am right, they put a microphone outside the studio during a recording session and recorded the noise coming from the street then they edited it

They used to be so inventive and it was so simple! Now they'd probably construct that in a computer or have Lady Gaga try to sing it

That's the story you can read about it, but to be honest after listening to it many times I am sure that stock audio material of news/television reports was used as well. Just listen to the end of the song - the voices speak like in a news report.

Guest howyousawtheworld

After 7 long years I've decided to call it a day for my time on this forum. Like all things, they must come to an end. I've requested that my account be deleted so this will be my last post but I'd like to say thanks for the great discussion. Keep the quality discussion for quality music going guys. Stay safe and be healthy!

After 7 long years I've decided to call it a day for my time on this forum. Like all things, they must come to an end. I've requested that my account be deleted so this will be my last post but I'd like to say thanks for the great discussion. Keep the quality discussion for quality music going guys. Stay safe and be healthy!

Oh no. Is it Coldplay's change that led you to this decision ? If so, I feel sad about it. You might wanna reconsider. Because no matter what the current Coldplay are like, their early works will live forever !

If you really are leaving us, thanks for your contributions in this thread and I wish you all the best !

• Like 1

Woah! Well glad you enjoyed your time here!

Oh that is such a shame. You were so friendly in this forum and as @I ran away said you had many contributions. You may hate the new stuff, but Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y will be here for you. Please take care and good luck for the future my friend. And thanks for all the great disscussions. (and introducing me back to U2's Pop and Radiohead's rare b sides)

:)

:(

I may not know you that well, but thank you for all the discussions and your contributions! I wish you the best! :)

Very sad to hear this. I wish you all the best :drinking:

Hopefully you move on to bigger and greater things (for yourself)! Move on we must, but sorry to see you go...

That once in the far future (like, 20 years from now) they will oublish some unreleased works is my only Coldplay-hope for the future. Other than that, I agree that we'll never get anything like it again. The guys are so different now and hands down, even if they wanted to Chris's voice is so strained it is no longer capable of performing these wonderfully pure and vulnerable falsettos.

Coldplay are on the same wave lenght as U2. They're doing the pop thing now but no doubt in a few albums time they'll "revisit" their original sound. It'll be a diluted version but still a million times better than anything they've done since Viva (See U2's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb for comparison)

Guest kmm1482

I'm sorry to see you go! Thanks for taking your leave in this forum. Kind of going back to where it started [emoji5]️

I feel you man! Coldplay's music isn't what it used to be. The exotic indian-style album that I was expecting ended up being pop garbage (though there are exceptions). Even though I dont really know you, It's a pain to see an oldplayer go as it's a reminder of what CP's music has come to.

• Administrators
I feel you man! Coldplay's music isn't what it used to be. The exotic indian-style album that I was expecting ended up being pop garbage (though there are exceptions). Even though I dont really know you, It's a pain to see an oldplayer go as it's a reminder of what CP's music has come to.

boo