✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Actually I saw it has already been requested

So how do these requests actually work?

With the wide variety of songs that are likely to be requested, from the moronic (Viva la Vida) to the hardcore requesting old b sides it seems that they can pick whatever song they want to play from the requests. A bit pointless if you ask me considering they might as well just recycle different tunes every night rather than picking whatever song they would like to play anyway....

A lot of these requests have been very safe. In My Place, Speed Of Sound, Green Eyes. Not that it's not great to hear these (They should be in the reg setlist anyway but that's an entirely different issue) but they're not exactly pushing the boundaries in terms of playing lesser known material fans like us would be desperate to hear and broadening the horizons of more casual fans who might only be there to hear Yellow>VLV>Paradise>HFTW. I thought this would have been the point of doing requests? :huh2:

So how do these requests actually work?

With the wide variety of songs that are likely to be requested, from the moronic (Viva la Vida) to the hardcore requesting old b sides it seems that they can pick whatever song they want to play from the requests. A bit pointless if you ask me considering they might as well just recycle different tunes every night rather than picking whatever song they would like to play anyway....

Well I think it's more of a way for them to take a pulse of what the fans are looking for. Maybe some of it is data driven, 100 requests for Strawberry Swing could be more likely to be chosen over 8 requests for Spies. (I'd take either)

OMG, good to see X&Y catching up there...was it the original version or the Viva Era version ?

I don't know honestly, I only saw the setlist. But the biggest news is the first time of See You Soon in 13 years, and it wasn't requested

• Like 3

It might be a good idea for someone to create a thread listing every request thus far and keep it up to date (along with videos if possible).

I'd make it myself but I doubt I'd be able to keep it up to date.

I wanted to do that (that's why I kept asking people to link the Instagram request videos...) but I didn't find the time to do it

But it doesn't have the request videos listed, which would be one of the most important things....

Yeah, I know what you mean. But what's the difference if a song is requested or not? As long as it was played.

Edit: I'll ask that person to mark the requested ones.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But what's the difference if a song is requested or not? As long as it was played.

Edit: I'll ask that person to mark the requested ones.

My idea of a thread was to collect requests and their videos, so as to learn what kind of requests Coldplay goes for.

So the goal was a different one :)

They played The Hardest Part (again) as the request. Read some comments on Coldplay Mexico's Facebook that they teased a bit of AROBTTH after See You Soon and before Amazing Day but we'll have to wait for videos to confirm.

I think it's fantastic that people are requesting older, non singles. Listening to the recent performance of AROBTTH warmed my heart. Chris is finally acknowledging they have a discography before Mylo Xyloto. Jonny's guitar it's just sublime and hearing the crowd sing it back, it actually brought a tear to my eye.

Chris must be battling with a serious sense of cognitive dissonance playing these songs. How can you reconcile the beauty of an intimate song like AROBTTH connecting with the audience one minute then jumping up and down to superficial pop with a Beyonce backing track the next? It just makes no sense. I hope playing all these songs for the first time in 10-12 years enacts a change in Chris... We can only hope.

• Like 2