✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Intentional or not, when they stop mid song it really ruins the performance for me.

This tour seems all about showmanship and flashy appearance rather than the actual music.

Yeah there's a clear contrast between now and say Live 03. People came to hear the music and see the band. I talk to people all the time who saw them live BEFORE MX and still say it was one of the best concerts they ever went to, because they were just that good live.

I enjoy all of Coldplay and Radiohead's music so I'm saying both.

I find that X&Y and TKOL are massively underrated

I've actually been listening to X&Y recently, I honestly don't know where to place it when comparing it to the other 3. I really like some tracks a lot but I usually skip over Low and The Hardest Part unless I haven't heard it in a while.

I browsed TV channels yesterday evening and one of them (Einsfestival) a TV documentary about Kraftwerk was running.

Watched a few minutes hoping they would mention Talk, and after a while, my hopes were fulfilled: An excerpt of Talk in Toronto 2006 played and they talked about how Kraftwerk's melodies influenced Coldplay :)

• Like 5

Tonight's one of those night in which I'm 13 again, and I listen to the first album of my collection. I don't do it very often, because in the past I overplayed it, but when I do I find my hopes, my thoughts, my expectations and my concept of life and love.

...and I get lost in songs like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXbGn-wqZI8

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXbGn-wqZI8

• Like 2

Tonight's one of those night in which I'm 13 again, and I listen to the first album of my collection. I don't do it very often, because in the past I overplayed it, but when I do I find my hopes, my thoughts, my expectations and my concept of life and love.

...and I get lost in songs like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXbGn-wqZI8

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXbGn-wqZI8

Swallowed in the Sea is such a simple song but it perfectly demonstrates how they can make any song "Coldplay" for lack of a better word. This song in particular has always moved up and down my list of favorites because sometimes I feel like there's better songs to offer but other times it really hits the spot.

• Like 1

So it's been a while since i've posted, but i've come and read some of the stuff in this page and was alerted when i saw mentions of Radiohead's new album. now i listened to that in full yesterday and the first comparison i made was to various amounts of Jon Hopkins work as well as Coldplay's more mellow songs around the 2000-2005 era. I absolutely love A Moon Shaped Pool. it's unbelievably refreshing to a see a well acclaimed band produce there best stuff these days. But what made me come back here and post was the lyrical content off that album. Now i definitely think it's a similar concept to Ghost Stories lyrically, musically you can't compare them, Ghost Stories is just pure bullshit bar 1-2 tracks. Themes such as forgotten love, lost, regret, anxiety, depression all fall around what Chris was producing in the 2013-14 era. i Imagined if Coldplay recorded a Moon Shaped Pool and thought of Martins vocals instead or Yorke's. I honestly belive if Coldplay released something as powerful, ambient and dark, (Brian Eno definitely would've stuck around for this) they would've risked commercial appeal but they would've been massively critically acclaimed. It's such a shame to see Coldplay the way they are today. To see Radiohead produce potentially their best album, it makes you wonder if Coldplay have what it takes to produce their best still.

• Like 1

Yesterday I came across this video, why have i never seen it before ?

And by the way, where are all the Oldplayers ?! This thread doesn't wanna die on its own here tonight, but here it lies on its own in a separate sky :'(

• Like 4

Hi everyone! First I have to say I'm not a 100% Oldplayer because three last albums have a special meaning for me, so my heart lives between two words all the time... but I also find their first albums incredible, specially AROBTTH. For me this is a masterpiece, probably one of the best albums of all times... I find every single song perfect. Seriously, it's the only one I listen to without skipping any song.

So I've just found this AWESOME video. It's celestial...

• Like 4

Hi everyone! First I have to say I'm not a 100% Oldplayer because three last albums have a special meaning for me, so my heart lives between two words all the time... but I also find their first albums incredible, specially AROBTTH. For me this is a masterpiece, probably one of the best albums of all times... I find every single song perfect. Seriously, it's the only one I listen to without skipping any song.

So I've just found this AWESOME video. It's celestial...

Welcome to the thread, @karvi22 ! :)

Yesterday I came across this video, why have i never seen it before ?

And by the way, where are all the Oldplayers ?! This thread doesn't wanna die on its own here tonight, but here it lies on its own in a separate sky :'(

You made me remember an old video that I've been looking for since 2005 but I failed to find. It was a sort of medley of songs by different groups/artists of that times in which there was a snippet os SoS made with the accordion. It also featured a video that aired on MTV. Anyone who remembers it?

You made me remember an old video that I've been looking for since 2005 but I failed to find. It was a sort of medley of songs by different groups/artists of that times in which there was a snippet os SoS made with the accordion. It also featured a video that aired on MTV. Anyone who remembers it?

Is it this?

• Like 1

Has anyone seen this video before ? A LiT (not ii !!!) music video...was it on Japanese TV only ?

Pretty sure they had this on their website leading up to the release of the album. There was sort of a puzzle fans had to solve I think.

• Like 1

Some energy from the show tonight.

I got some friends around and we hooked it up to a speaker and sat outside with a BBQ and listened. I was disapointed due to the lack of Oldplay but my friends who are more casual fans or don't like Coldplay at all seem to be won over.

I felt the cover as well as the Beejee/Michael Davis sort of stole the spotlight toward the end, especially considering the lack of older material in the setlist. During the MX tour at these festival's they tender to cater the setlist toward a more rock audience but that was nowhere to be found here. The exclusion of Violet Hill pains me. Disappointed it's nowhere to be found.

Clocks lip-sync again. Shows complete contempt for the older work imo, unacceptable at Glastonbury.

As I criticized The Paradise remix, ASFOS, Beyonce, lack of Parachutes material, Everglow etc one friend remarked "You claim to love this band but all you've done is complain about them" found it funny as it reminded me of this forum.

Glastonbury 2005 will always be their best day out.

• Like 5

I can't agree more with you @The Adversary

Just think of this:

where there was Life Is For Living now there's HFTW

where there was Politik now there's AHFOD

where there was Amsterdam now there's Everglow

I miss Warning Sign, I miss Everything's Not Lost, I miss Speed Of Sound, I miss too many songs....

... now there's only space for outros, intros, excerpts, awful remixes (PARADISE REMIX everybody, it's a complete shame c'mon)

• Like 4