✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

There is quite a lot of love for this army song. Sorry, but it's just all boyband to me. I'm actually seeing a couple of guys doing some kind of smooth slow RnB dance in a OMG video on this song. Can't see this song in any other way. LOL

I can't understand love for Army of One either. Frequently I hear it supposedly "fitting into the X&Y Era", and I actually feel a bit offended by such comparisons.

By the way @EasySuperstition99 - it's an audio only but "Live at T in the Park 2003" is also noteworthy: https://musicmp3.ru/artist_coldplay__album_live-at-t-in-the-park.html#.VwRz7XqHhIc

• Like 1

I think the request songs are kind of fun. Think about how many we'll get to hear over the tour, even if they sometimes seem kind of half-a**ed. My guess for tonight is Strawberry Swing.

In my place. Hmm, okay... Theyve been playing that song like always in every tour i believe. I thought this request thing is for the songs that they haven't been playing for a long time, or at least not any song that has been stuck in the setlist for ages.

I love in my place, but this doesnt make any sense to me. They could play Amsterdam, Square one, Ghost story, X&Y, trouble, high speed and yes strawberry swing... sigh!... I know the fans choose, but if a song like this is the most requested one, they should go with the next song.

In my place. Hmm, okay... Theyve been playing that song like always in every tour i believe. I thought this request thing is for the songs that they haven't been playing for a long time, or at least not any song that has been stuck in the setlist for ages.

I love in my place, but this doesnt make any sense to me. They could play Amsterdam, Square one, Ghost story, X&Y, trouble, high speed and yes strawberry swing... sigh!... I know the fans choose, but if a song like this is the most requested one, they should go with the next song.

They can't just deny someone's request. Plus they haven't been to South America for like 10 years so I think those people are happy either way.

They can't just deny someone's request. Plus they haven't been to South America for like 10 years so I think those people are happy either way.

? They are picking one out of many different requests, so they are denying a lot of requests every day...The second thing (not having been there for 7 years) is hardly an excuse for anything...

That said, the stadium singing along to In My Place so loudly clearly tells them where this song belongs: in the main setlist.

Baby steps, there are a lot of shows to go.

In My Place, Speed Of Sound, even Trouble ALL belong on the main setlist, take out Everglow, Army Of One and ASFOS all the time to play these:)

EDIT: Wat. Where is Violet Hill nowadays or GPASUYF

Agree! Where on earth is the rock song. God put a smile is one of their highlights and brings variation/edge. Omg trouble, how I would love to hear that one live.. And dont forget the scientist. They didnt play it at the first show. They should never throw that one out.

There is 1 'newplay' song or whatever you want to call it that I thought would be in the setlist and thats hurt like heaven. It's one of their most uplifting and good live tracks with great vibe/energy, jonny's guitar playing + good live singing. It was a great opener on the mx tour and now this song would perfectly represent a energetic/uplifting show. They should play this track instead of every teardrop. This setlist needs some changes. I watched birds live.. I like that song, but live it doesnt really work, the singing is just like army of one, not so good.

Not really into Newplaying bashing mode but I'll just say the low points of yesterday's concert, in my opinion, were both Army of One and Everglow. And I think it's ok they gave In My Place a rest at last. There's still three obvious songs that haven't appeared in the request section: Trouble, GPASUYF and Violet Hill. After that, let's see if they start rotating them or go for more "obscure" tunes.

Agreed on Army of One. Doesn't work well live, especially at that point in the show when Chris is clearly gassed.

Well, theyve only had a few shows to play all those requests. No doubt in my mind they'll eventually get there.

Especially Violet Hill, after I rediscovered this video the other day

Hngggg, look at jonny GO

Part of the problem is they only do one request. Get rid of the two covers and add two more requests, you'd have a considerably stronger set after that.

Whats the 2nd cover? I know they're doing heroes....

edit: oh I see they're doing another

[MEDIA=twitter]717576212709711872[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/717576212709711872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Yeah, not sure I like that move....

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/717576212709711872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pretty sure the Chuck Berry concert is just a one off deal, since it was dedicated to Moses. He must be a Back to the Future fan just like his dad. Don't Panic was in the actual printed setlist in that slot, which would have been better in my opinion.

Agreed on Army of One. Doesn't work well live, especially at that point in the show when Chris is clearly gassed.

Well, theyve only had a few shows to play all those requests. No doubt in my mind they'll eventually get there.

Especially Violet Hill, after I rediscovered this video the other day

Hngggg, look at jonny GO

Jonny in my opinion has had the most genius moments throughout Coldplay's history. So many great riffs, hooks, and even tiny little fills like on Everything's Not Lost. I think it's clearer now more than ever, pre-MX everyone was doing amazing things on each track.

Hey Johnny B. Goode is a great song, and I think they could do an ok cover, but I've yet to see the video evidence so...

Stargate look like stereotypical supervillians. I mean just look at them:

Stargate.jpg

You can just sense their invidious evil-doing. In the background pulling strings, ruining everything they touch.

Hahaha:D But is it just me or does the guy on the left kinda look like Jimmy Fallon except skinnier?