✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Coldplayers, let's be thankful we have this forum to express our thoughts and ideas and remember to respect each other, shall we? Everyone is entitled to an opinion Or else I send Batman in here and don't think I have not thought about bringing Angie back for some extra Holiday Help :sneaky::laugh3:

Yes ma'am

Oh dear. Conflicting opinions. Haters! If you don't like Coldplay anymore you should stop visiting. wateva wateva Coldplay do wat dey want. People getting offended.

So many times I read the posts of the last few pages, and can sum up my response very simply:

N83MTRc.jpg

So rehashed! Words I have seen many times before! The sky is not falling, worry not dear friends. Just the natural cycle of another song discussion on Coldplaying.

Oh dear. Conflicting opinions. Haters! If you don't like Coldplay anymore you should stop visiting. wateva wateva Coldplay do wat dey want. People getting offended.

So many times I read the posts of the last few pages, and can sum up my response very simply:

N83MTRc.jpg

So rehashed! Words I have seen many times before! The sky is not falling, worry not dear friends. Just the natural cycle of another song discussion on Coldplaying.

Amen to that !

Coming to the actual song performance, you might find it does the emotional home run in the perfection of a studio recording (that is yet to be seen either way). Or the guys might well be 'road-testing' the emotional impact it delivers in concerts - some things eg immediate audience response have to tested to be known... They might well be searching for that 'emotional something' that makes the song stand-out - is the song even a final version? The song may yet come alive when everyone has a sing-a-long live... Lastly don't under-estimate the effect of unfamiliar surroundings and technical glitches on a song that relies as heavily on emotional / performance delivery as Amazing Day - it's not as practiced as Fix You or Yellow, therefore will be harder to 'nail' on performance day, particularly if instruments breakdown or the lead singer is emotionally preoccupied/ not at his best (yes I'm winking at you, Chris )

I'd almost stick my neck out and say they made a very brave (or stupid ) decision to debut / try out a song at this stage of their album development/ production... They could have played a sure-fire hit (I'm sure they have a few up their sleeve) but chose a slow, simple number instead... That takes guts as it leaves them open to criticism if the performance doesn't deliver for whatever reason.

I'm glad they decided to debute the song at Global Citizen Festival and even more glad they didn't do it at the iHeartRadio Music Festival.

From the views on the public they seemed to be in it, waving arms...

I am very curious how this song is going to be in its definite state and how it is going to feel in a concert arena totally filled with Coldplayers. :)

After listening to it approximately 1,389 times in the past 40 or so hours i've come to the conclussion that i like this song a lot, i know its not the flashy dancey song that we were all expecting from the Mumbai shoot but its really pleasant and uplifting, the lyrics may be a bit basic but i dug them and that chorus near the end is gonna make one hell of a singalong at their shows :)

N83MTRc.jpg

Can I just ask ? - what's the significance of the Gene Wilder photo (btw one of my fave actors - met him in London !!!)

Guest diogo_sg

Is what happened yesterday completely forgotten? If it is, thank God. Let's hope something like that doesn't happen again. Let's all live in harmony and make this place a (real) utopia.

I reviewed the performance and to my dismay the low sounding intro riff is played by Jonny not Guy. Just wanted to point,that out.. One day Mr. Berryman will carry a song!

He kind of already carries Magic and to a lesser extent, a whole host of other songs (incl. Everything's Not Lost).

Is what happened yesterday completely forgotten? If it is, thank God. Let's hope something like that doesn't happen again. Let's all live in harmony and make this place a (real) utopia.

Or a dystopia depending on your view.

Look, yesterday was a good exercise in a way. We had a productive debate I think. Posters never crossed the line of being aggressive and attacking other posters, a new song was released and (harsh) criticism is to be expected. It'll be the same when AHFOD is released no matter what it sounds like. If LP7 is 10x better than AROBTTH, people will still have their own personal criticisms about it as is the subjectivity of music.

We don't always have to agree ALL the time, as Coldplayers we agree on most things music related so when something controversial does come along it should be relished imo not shunned as something bad.

Guest diogo_sg
Ahhaaa, oh, the young posters and their ways....

Dreaming is nice. You should try [emoji12]

Or a dystopia depending on your view.

Look, yesterday was a good exercise in a way. We had a productive debate I think. Posters never crossed the line of being aggressive and attacking other posters, a new song was released and (harsh) criticism is to be expected. It'll be the same when AHFOD is released no matter what it sounds like. If LP7 is 10x better than AROBTTH, people will still have their own personal criticisms about it as is the subjectivity of music.

We don't always have to agree ALL the time, as Coldplayers we agree on most things music related so when something controversial does come along it should be relished imo not shunned as something bad.

Let's just try to keep things pacific, then.

:curtain: We cool again, Coldplayers?

Okay good, so:

When they first played Amazing Day, I was in the boat with the people who thought it was a GCF exclusive. Now that it's been several days and there's been no word mentioned from the band, I'm starting to think that isn't the case. The problem is, this song is clearly the opposite of what the guys have been telling us AHFoD will embody and sound like, which makes me think it perhaps won't be an LP7 song.

Does that mean it's an old GS song? If so, why decide to play it at a random festival a year after your GS tour has ended? Chris introduced it as a new song, and I feel if it was from the GS era he would have introduced it as an old song (like he did with Yellow in saying it was written in 1955 :P )

I'm just kind of rambling trying to figure this out . . . any other thoughts as to where Amazing Day came from?