✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

:idea2: We should start a petition one day and send it to the band... Songs with solo sections for each of the band members! I'm sure they're each technically competent and confident to do that. What do you think? :)

Or variations of solos like in Atlas when Jonny and Chris bounced off each other at the end of the song... Gasp! A Will and Guy duet solo?!

I think Guy needs to sing more. You don't get to hear him very often, usually he only sings backing vocals when the rest of the band is singing. Jonny sings a little solo verse on Don't Panic and Will sings lead vocals on The Goldrush as well as a couple of live songs. They need to get Guy to sing a lead vocal part!

All this discussion only because of a simple "thank god". It's an exclamation, not a praise

I don't thnk so. It says Thanks God, for my prayer must've been heard. God is used as more than a lyrical device here, it is s kind of praise in my opinion. What is even more bothersome is the "Life has a beautiful, crazy design" part.Chris must have known the implications. Speaking of Life as a design is wording that goes into the direction of creationism...

I think Guy needs to sing more. You don't get to hear him very often, usually he only sings backing vocals when the rest of the band is singing. Jonny sings a little solo verse on Don't Panic and Will sings lead vocals on The Goldrush as well as a couple of live songs. They need to get Guy to sing a lead vocal part!

I heard him sing in Apparatijk. He is actually pretty good!

I don't thnk so. It says Thanks God, for my prayer must've been heard. God is used as more than a lyrical device here, it is s kind of praise in my opinion. What is even more bothersome is the "Life has a beautiful, crazy design" part.Chris must have known the implications. Speaking of Life as a design is wording that goes into the direction of creationism...

I see the part of 'crazy design' as how we are living our own life. We face positive and negative experiences that makes us who we are. Maybe he's taking reference to creationism to describe that part of life, I don't believe it's literally said.

If Coldplay released an album full of chicken noises people would still defend with the usual lines of wishy-washy, vague and utterly irrefutable argument such as : "Everything they do can be justified by experimentation, therefore if you think the experimentation is bad you are stuck in the past and don't want them to evolve" or "If you don't like everything Coldplay do you're not a real Coldplay fan so you'd be better off leaving the forum etc etc."

This line made my day :D

Hi, please read my above post again, in it I explained why I think it is beyond a simple explanation:

I don't thnk so. It says Thanks God, my prayer must've been heard. God is used as more than a lyrical device here, it is s kind of praise in my opinion. What is even more bothersome is the "Life has a beautiful, crazy design" part.Chris must have known the implications. Speaking of Life as a design is wording that goes into the direction of creationism...

Hi, please read my above post again, in it I explained why I think it is beyond a simple explanation:

Yeah, I know but I still don't think it implies much about religion. In weatern culiture God is mentioned symbolically quite often. In most cases he is used as a device to show that the character is desperate and looking for someone or something to solve his worries. Which in this case, he is. Also, about the "life is a crazy and beautiful design" part, I'm pretty certain that that has nothing to do with creationism. Again, just another expression which can be interpreted in many ways. Doesn't necessarily mean he's implying that God created everything.

If Coldplay
released an album full of chicken noises people would still defend with the usual lines of wishy-washy, vague and utterly irrefutable argument such as : "Everything they do can be justified by experimentation, therefore if you think the experimentation is bad you are stuck in the past and don't want them to evolve" or "If you don't like everything Coldplay do you're not a real Coldplay fan so you'd be better off leaving the forum etc etc

This line made my day :D

Another example of unsubstantiated allegations... What is this particular comment based on? Has anyone actually made this sort of 'wishy-washy, vague or utterly irrefutable' comment in this thread / regarding Amazing Day, or even regarding the band's output that then has actually been defended without basis?

On the other hand, if people actually find meaning in so-called chicken scratch, are they not entitled to express their opinion on why they find it meaningful (or indeed not, if you're inclined the other way)?

I feel a liltle bad when anyone's offended; I wish they wouldn't be. :thinking: I'm not religious but I sometimes find other peoples' faith beautiful and inspiring. And the great thing about music is it's up for interpretation. :thumbsup: U2 is openly Christian but I interpret their song lyrics about God/religon as about love. If Chris speaks of his faith, was it brought on by his (albeit sometimes awkward) personal opening up on GS and will we hear more of it? I think even if it is, it sounds lovely here; ties in well (regardless of my beliefs) with the themes of the universe/our smallness in the grand scheme of things and the beauty of human vulnerability/connection. :) The melodies, with the gorgeous strings and :jonny:'s amaze shimmery guitar and the epic :guy: bass line, really enhance everything.

I feel a liltle bad when anyone's offended; I wish they wouldn't be. :thinking: I'm not religious but I sometimes find other peoples' faith beautiful and inspiring. And the great thing about music is it's up for interpretation. :thumbsup: U2 is openly Christian but I interpret their song lyrics about God/religon as about love. If Chris speaks of his faith, was it brought on by his (albeit sometimes awkward) personal opening up on GS and will we hear more of it? I think even if it is, it sounds lovely here; ties in well (regardless of my beliefs) with the themes of the universe/our smallness in the grand scheme of things and the beauty of human vulnerability/connection. :) The melodies, with the gorgeous strings and :jonny:'s amaze shimmery guitar and the epic :guy: bass line, really enhance everything.

So eloquently put...just beautiful [emoji56][emoji173]️

Coldplayers, let's be thankful we have this forum to express our thoughts and ideas and remember to respect each other, shall we? Everyone is entitled to an opinion Or else I send Batman in here and don't think I have not thought about bringing Angie back for some extra Holiday Help :sneaky::laugh3: