• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and you can say what is, or fight for it

close your mind or take a risk

you can say it’s mine and clench your fist

or see each sunrise as a gift

And they say Coldplay lyrics are going downhill. This is actually inspiring

It's because people are focusing on the bad lyrics.

All we have to do is look at examples like these, and we realize that their lyrical talent isn't actually gone at all. They just choose to write a couple bad lyrics... for some reason.

As for the guitar solos, I think the first one is Jonny's. Remember how they said that they asled Jonny to do a solo like Noel and for Noel to do a solo like Jonny? Well, here's the thing: the first solo doesn't sound like a Jonny solo. Jonny's solo's usually have more repeated notes to them, if you get what I mean. See: Fix You. There's quite a few repeated notes in that one bit. Paradise: same idea. Violet Hill isn't exactly repeated notes, but they stay in the same general range. Everglow is a bit different, Jonny decided to go a different way on that one. But, the first solo doesn't exactly fit the general description I gave of most of Jonny's solos. I haven't really heard any of Noel's solos but I can assume that, because the first one sounds different, that's Jonny's solo because it doesn't seem like something he'd normally do. And, they asked him to do something like Noel (different).

The second one is Noel's, because it sounds like a Jonny solo (more staying in a range of the same notes) and as we said before they asked Noel to do a solo like Jonny. Logic follows that the second one is Noel's.

Now nothing is confirmed yet, but these are just my thoughts on the solo's. It'd make sense.

• Like 1

If he isn't serious, I'd say this is even worse than tattooing a name on your arm

Hey, this is OT, but you know that massive elimination game? Where you had to copy and paste the whole list and color and everything? I remember you saying you'd love to participate, but it'd be too much of a pain because you were on mobile. Well, I got @laxwatcher's permission to re-make the game, under new voting format. All you have to do is list the songs you want to add a point too, and then the songs that you want to take away a point from. It's really simple, no copy and pasting, no fiddling with the color's, no nothing, except tapping on the keyboard. :D

I do request however you put the new point total beside only the songs you voted for. Not all of them, but the new point totals after your vote. This may require a bit of scrolling, but hey, it's nothing compared to the old way of voting :D

We need lots of new players, I'd really like to have a variety of opinions in this game. You can vote after 3 other people have voted.

For more details, see here: http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-and-improved-elimination-game-of-a-lot-of-coldplay-songs-round-3.105521/#post-5783685

Sorry for going OT. I just wanted to let you know in case you were on mobile, loved the game, but couldn't participate because of mobile.

It's because people are focusing on the bad lyrics.

All we have to do is look at examples like these, and we realize that their lyrical talent isn't actually gone at all. They just choose to write a couple bad lyrics... for some reason.

Im not sure I would call them bad. I would if all the album were filled with them hehe But the way they were placed in specific songs of a certain vibe (Hymn) makes me think they are deliberately chosen to fit the mood of the song and match a more light-hearted theme. I noticed how Chris really tends to carefully choose even the enunciation of the words this time around, to make them more melodic and rhythmic. So sure Para para para is hardly eloquent haha but it does work with the rhythm of the song. I think the same can be said of songs on AHFOT.

I haven't really heard any of Noel's solos

:O But you must! haha Noel thinks himself a poor guitarist but he made some great epic solos. Check out Dont look back in anger or Live Forever, but there are many others :)

The second one is Noel's, because it sounds like a Jonny solo (more staying in a range of the same notes) and as we said before they asked Noel to do a solo like Jonny. Logic follows that the second one is Noel's.

Thats what I initially thought too but the bending of the note in the second solo is SO Oasisque that I kinda concluded it must be Jonny doing Noel, but your reasoning was nearly identical to mine.

Regarding the guitar solos, I know they asked Jonny and Noely to write a solo each, but is it confirmed that they played their own solos (that they wrote)? Could Jonny have played both?

Otherwise just based on playing, my guess would be The Chief playing the first solo, with Jonny playing second... There are a few reasons, but the main one is because the first solo is less clean sounding than typical Jonny - he usually really polishes up his playing on the albums and goes for really clean and pure notes for those high soaring melodies, while the second one (although muted by production) actually has cleaner, purer notes. The other reasons are because they invited Noely - of course he's gotta go first :P, and also there are more background and other sounds mixed into the second solo - presumably they'd be more comfortable doing that to members of their own band than "messing up" Noel's solo...

If Jonny did the first one, he is really good at imitating Noel :D

I still think the second one has that bending of the note which is basically the trademark of Oasis guitar solos...thats what still makes me think it´s Jonny playing Noel.

I hope he joins them live sometimes and puts our wondering to rest haha :)

Just read the lyrics. The line about "sitting with the poison takes away the pain"...I always thought it was "sitting with the boys, it takes away the pain". Pictured Chris saying that being with the band got him through tough time after breakup. LOL. But I still like that version better. Nice thought.

• Like 3

Just read the lyrics. The line about "sitting with the poison takes away the pain"...I always thought it was "sitting with the boys, it takes away the pain". Pictured Chris saying that being with the band got him through tough time after breakup. LOL. But I still like that version better. Nice thought.

Haha that's cute! :) though I'm glad it's poison and not boys hehe it's more relatable personally to me. I guess I'm the kind of man who tends to sit and plough through the pain and problems alone, I tend not to ask for help or support which on one side it's good I guess , on the other side not so much.

Haha that's cute! :) though I'm glad it's poison and not boys hehe it's more relatable personally to me. I guess I'm the kind of man who tends to sit and plough through the pain and problems alone, I tend not to ask for help or support which on one side it's good I guess , on the other side not so much.

Yeah, that sounds like a man's approach. Good point Sir Jedi.

• Like 1

Yeah, that sounds like a man's approach. Good point Sir Jedi.

Dont know. I guess it differs. Im probably just very pragmatic about it. I figure you can never be 100% sure people will be there for you so I dont even factor that in the equation so I´ve gotten quite used to just rely on myself. Which is I think 98% of time a good thing I find, but the 2% not so good...when you´re in a relationship and you need to slowly get used to count on someone, rely on them, let them in. Its not easy and you have to unlearn a lot of the behaviour you have as a single man to embrace a new dynamic as a couple, so thats where I found it hard, but Im getting better at it, at embracing the thought hehe :)

• Like 2

Finished reading all the news about immigrants and crisis in Europe, closing of boder in my own country, North Korea nuclear bomb, Iran-Saudi renewed feud....

And I just had to put on Up&Up and sing it at the top of my lungs...."we´re gonna f***ing get it together somehow..." and thats it, no doubt, eyes focused ahead, never give up.

• Like 3

Finished reading all the news about immigrants and crisis in Europe, closing of boder in my own country, North Korea nuclear bomb, Iran-Saudi renewed feud....

And I just had to put on Up&Up and sing it at the top of my lungs...."we´re gonna f***ing get it together somehow..." and thats it, no doubt, eyes focused ahead, never give up.

I wish I could stay that positive, but yesterday I heard some of said refugees raped a 13 old girl in my neighbourhood and I'm just... well lets just say I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for all of these new arrivals :blank:

I wish I could stay that positive, but yesterday I heard some of said refugees raped a 13 old girl in my neighbourhood and I'm just... well lets just say I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for all of these new arrivals :blank:

I dont feel sorry for them at all. Though I do understand that they are really incapacitated by their culture and other factors, so Im not angry at them for what they do. Its a major clash of cultures. Im just amazed Europe has not gotten itself together to see reality and act accordingly yet...I pray we do, before people start taking matters in their own hands :/ I feel sorry for the situation we are in the world right now...its really taken a turn for the worse in 2015 and its not getting better.

But in my view of life there is nothing at all to gain in losing hope or focus towards the solution, so I could never dream of doing that. I dont lay down my arms, ever :) I know we will find our way out of this as we have before. I just hope its sooner rather than later.

• Like 1