✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up&Up

getithom

Love the sunrise part as well. Not my favourite though. My favourites are all the analogies/metaphors in the verses.

I love the message Chris wanted to share in this song. I like the sunrise part because it's said in a simple way but it's so true. When we're young we take it for granted but as we get older we realise how important it's to enjoy every moment of our lives. That’s something I learned from my father :)

• Like 3

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the message Chris wanted to share in this song. I like the sunrise part because it's said in a simple way but it's so true. When we're young we take it for granted but as we get older we realise how important it's to enjoy every moment of our lives. That’s something I learned from my father :)

:)

Id be lying if I said I didn't get teary eyed listening to this track. Beautiful song sure its not as explosive as the live version. Well actually Jonny and Noel kill it. For an studio version this song fits well and ends this album on a glorious note. 10/10

• Like 2

Obviously the first solo MUST be by Noel.

It has written Champagne Supernova all over.

Hmm its a bit hard to guess who did what also because they were supposedly imitating the other. I agree that the first solo sounds like Champagne but stylistically it resembles Jonny´s style as well (it shimmers and goes all over the place), while the second solo has the Oasis trade mark bending of the note hehe, but then again its also repeats again and again a few notes which also used to be Jonny´s style (before he went crazy with the full palette of notes from MX onwards haha)

So hard to say...I am tending towards : first solo by Noel imitating Jonny, second solo by Jonny imitating Noel. But yeah there are equal arguments for the other way around too.

• Like 1

Question: How do we know for sure its Annabelle singing the last sentence?

I am actually surprised she is included in the album. Chris must be quite serious about her!

If he isn't serious, I'd say this is even worse than tattooing a name on your arm

So I made a song using a sample from Up and Up- the woman (I think it's Gwyneth) at the very end of the track. As soon as I heard it- I could just see a song from it. She sings just three notes....I edited another note on the end..and just looped it. And the song came from there.

Does anyone know if that sample that closes the album is Gwyneth?

Well, hope you enjoy and tell me what you guys think!

[MEDIA=bandcamp]track_id=335299296[/MEDIA]

The production stops this from being right up there with the best Coldplay songs imo.

Saying that, the song really comes into it's own from the 03:00 mark. Stargate were probably too terrified to tone Noel's guitar down.

• Like 1

Anyone else feeling that in these lines they came close to a critical comment on our current society?

and you can say what is, or fight for it

(close your mind or take a risk)

you can say it’s mine and clench your fist

or see each sunrise as a gift

I kinda feel it mirrors a few common behaviours of ours. Sometimes we resign instead of fighting for whats right and we think a lot about "getting ours" or holding on to what we have out of fear for losing it, forgetting in the process the daily gifts we take for granted (sunrise)

• Like 2

I kinda feel it mirrors a few common behaviours of ours. Sometimes we resign instead of fighting for whats right and we think a lot about "getting ours" or holding on to what we have out of fear for losing it, forgetting in the process the daily gifts we take for granted (sunrise)

I feel the same way. I love those lines.