✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-21] TIDALXCOLDPLAY Presented by KROQ (Tonight 20:30 LA, 04:30 UK)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also wonder what theme or song the band will play before they open this time... I mean the "intro" to AHFOD if they open with AHFOD

Odds are they will play AHFOD, AOAL, Up&Up, and amazing day. It would make sense to open with AHFOD but I think they might start with AOAL.

Also wonder what theme or song the band will play before they open this time... I mean the "intro" to AHFOD if they open with AHFOD

Do you mean the piece that plays as the band walks onstage? I personally think they should use that Brian Eno track or whatever it is that they used on the AROBTTH tour. As cool as the Back To The Future theme and The Blue Danube were on the last few tours, I want something kind of ambient. Supposedly AHFOD resembles Politik in how it just "explodes" so I think a similar, calm ambient piece would work well immediately before it.

Guest kmm1482

I've always loved their intro during Parachutes. I believe it was part of the score to a old Western. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've always loved their intro during Parachutes. I believe it was part of the score to a old Western. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I know what you mean. I've seen that in some Parachutes-Era performances, they had the harmonica part of the "Once Upon A Time In The West" Soundtrack as intro. By the way, you should really check that soundtrack out - it's one of the most magnificent movie soundtracks of all time.

Guest diogo_sg

Just watched last Friday's show. So beautiful and peaceful. I actually cried during Yellow. It's a weird song to cry to, but whatever. No one can hold tears when it comes to Coldplay.

It was such a pleasent show and a very thoughtful thing to do in honour of everyone who was affected by the Parisian attacks.

Can't wait for Saturday.

Just watched last Friday's show. So beautiful and peaceful. I actually cried during Yellow. It's a weird song to cry to, but whatever. No one can hold tears when it comes to Coldplay.

It was such a pleasent show and a very thoughtful thing to do in honour of everyone who was affected by the Parisian attacks.

Can't wait for Saturday.

I couldn't help but cry while listening to Yellow either. Remember the soft piano intro on the MX tour? This reminded me of that, except the whole song sounded that way. Pure emotion. Actually, every song put at least a few tears in my eyes.

tidal just sent out an e-mail confirming the new doors time for the show is 6 pm on Saturday. this presumably means the show starts at 8 pm now.

also they explicitly state to NOT line up before 5:30 pm. wonder if they will even try to enforce this..

also just one quick gripe i had with the previous show: i got there at 3:00pm and was about 30th in line. by the time i entered the venue they had allowed in so many VIP guests that I was in the 10th row. the people standing in front of me were complaining they had to stand so long before the show started because they had gotten there at 7.. I know many people are going to try lining up super early for this show, so we'll see what happens!

Guest diogo_sg
I couldn't help but cry while listening to Yellow either. Remember the soft piano intro on the MX tour? This reminded me of that, except the whole song sounded that way. Pure emotion. Actually, every song put at least a few tears in my eyes.

It was really a very emotional show. The way every song was played was just fantastic and it was nice hearing an "extended version" of the Yellow intro.

also they explicitly state to NOT line up before 5:30 pm. wonder if they will even try to enforce this..

Wondering about this too...I'm no stranger to the "wait outside for 8 hours to get at the front" game but I've surprisingly never dealt with this supposed no lining up policy. Anyone got any tips? Last Friday my friend and I got about 20th in line from being there hourrrrss but I don't want to set aside a whole day (when I could potentially be working too :/ ) when some bouncer dudes are just gonna shoo us away.

Wondering about this too...I'm no stranger to the "wait outside for 8 hours to get at the front" game but I've surprisingly never dealt with this supposed no lining up policy. Anyone got any tips? Last Friday my friend and I got about 20th in line from being there hourrrrss but I don't want to set aside a whole day (when I could potentially be working too :/ ) when some bouncer dudes are just gonna shoo us away.

I heard KROQ was telling their winners last week, no lining up before 5:30, but there were plenty of people who were there early. I won from Tidal, and we got there at 12:30. I think the line was fine, we didn't block the sidewalk, people were respectful of personal space. We were 2nd row in front of Jonny. I was planning on getting there even earlier on Saturday, but it also seems like it will be a much smaller crowd, with so many people not being able to make it again. I may go super early and just sit in my car, and see what happens, but my daughter has to work Sat morning so she and my husband won't be able to get there before 2. The VIP thing was annoying, but it did seem like most of them were "friends and family" and were in the balcony.

And on another note, I'm still trying to win from 98.7 for the album release party - I was caller 90 out of 98 last hour. Grr. LOL

Oh okay, from the sound of it they're not really gonna be able to enforce it anyway. Totally intend on getting there early and finishing a book or two haha. Yeah we were thirdish row in front of Guy, and seeing those VIPs get in ahead of us was infuriating but hey, it's Coldplay, to be expected.

God I can't even deal with the stress of trying to win 98.7 tickets too, I'm impressed by your dedication. (And totally been there--for KROQ I was caller one, thirteen and nineteen last week. And eventually won from Tidal lol.) Last week was enough of a hassle lying to get out of work to catch them at CBS (thankfully down the street from my office!) and then getting to the Belasco.

Oh okay, from the sound of it they're not really gonna be able to enforce it anyway. Totally intend on getting there early and finishing a book or two haha. Yeah we were thirdish row in front of Guy, and seeing those VIPs get in ahead of us was infuriating but hey, it's Coldplay, to be expected.

God I can't even deal with the stress of trying to win 98.7 tickets too, I'm impressed by your dedication. (And totally been there--for KROQ I was caller one, thirteen and nineteen last week. And eventually won from Tidal lol.) Last week was enough of a hassle lying to get out of work to catch them at CBS (thankfully down the street from my office!) and then getting to the Belasco.

I've never been to the iHeart studio- been to the stations a few times to pick up tickets and always wondered how it was. I keep getting through, but they are so fast, I never hear what number I am, except for the time I was 90. That's nice you're close to CBS - we left our house at 6:30am from South Orange County and it took us 2 hours to get there. There's a reason we live down here! LOL I'm excited about the show Saturday!