✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-21] TIDALXCOLDPLAY Presented by KROQ (Tonight 20:30 LA, 04:30 UK)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what ever happened to "Never doing the same thing twice" ?

Let's not assume it's the "same thing" yet :) Lyrically, yes, Fly On and "Birds" are similar from what we know. But musically they won't be alike, as Seacrest described the latter as uptempo. I don't see anything wrong with carrying a theme over, especially if it's something that appears to be meaningful to Chris.

Birds is very U2-ish isn't it! Reminds me of Joshua Tree era :P

And someone described the title track as U2-ish too! Coldplay will always sound a little U2-ish I think, which is good, especially if it's reminiscent of a golden era like The Joshua Tree.

Wow! One of the band's best performances (most recently) in my opinion! Coldplay really shine through when they're singing about adversity and tough situations and take on a more melancholic approach. And Sparks! :surprised::happy2: Imagine was amazing too!

Through all this new talk about Coldplay not being what they were and how crappy Ghost Stories is- listen to that last song, O.

That whole concert was beautiful but O really stood out for me. It's weird too because as comments were coming in about others having chills- I was like "me too!"

Coldplay is as great as ever.. Their music really has magical properties in the face of tragedies.

TIDALXCOLDPLAY Presented by KROQ (POSTPONED)

omg this performance was brilliant i would take it over any typical gig they perform in these days...Sparks...Yellow...Us Against The World is so nice live,its been awhile...Till Kingdom Come(Guy playing harmonica)...Fix You and O is great too...cant wait for next saturday's performance!!!

Through all this new talk about Coldplay not being what they were and how crappy Ghost Stories is- listen to that last song, O.

That whole concert was beautiful but O really stood out for me. It's weird too because as comments were coming in about others having chills- I was like "me too!"

Coldplay is as great as ever.. Their music really has magical properties in the face of tragedies.

everyone spamming [emoji173]️

I was left speechless after watching the full replay of the show. Imagine was easily the best cover I've ever heard from Coldplay, simply incredible and never more fitting than now. Sparks gave me chills, even more so than the studio version. I always liked it before, but now I have a new appreciation for it. Yellow gave me tears and I enjoyed it more than I have in a long time. Til Kingdom Come gave me chills like Sparks did, especially in the bridge where it's just Chris and Will singing. Us Against The World sounded better to me than normal, apart from Chris forgetting the lyrics at the beginning. :p The Birds snippet should've been a part of UATW from the beginning, those few lines are sweet yet so meaningful. Fix You was of course more mellow yet just as emotional. Fly On made me cry as it often does.

You know, I forgive Chris for all his Bieber Fever antics :D simply because the whole band stepped it up tonight. After the AHFOD era, I now want them to come back and do an all-acoustic world tour in these little venues. Their acoustic performances are very underrated and this show had some of the best.

TIDALXCOLDPLAY Presented by KROQ (POSTPONED)

I have very few words. Such a difficult emotional day. There was a lot of confusion in line when doors didn't open at 6 as planned. But once word spread through the crowd, everyone agreed it was the right thing for CP to do. Imagine was stunning. Sparks blew me away - I recorded the whole thing. Good thing you couldn't hear my tears. I'll try to upload to yt. While the mood was very somber, Chris made a few jokes. Poor Will - he didn't play drums at all, he played piano and guitar. I don't know how much was streamed - I skimmed through and it seemed like it was?

On the way out, we saw Phil and got a photo - what a nice guy.

They are rescheduling the show for next Saturday night. I feel bad for the people who won't be able to come again, but I will be there.

As horrific as the day's events were, Coldplay did something truly special and magical tonight and it was perfect.

I have very few words. Such a difficult emotional day. There was a lot of confusion in line when doors didn't open at 6 as planned. But once word spread through the crowd, everyone agreed it was the right thing for CP to do. Imagine was stunning. Sparks blew me away - I recorded the whole thing. Good thing you couldn't hear my tears. I'll try to upload to yt. While the mood was very somber, Chris made a few jokes. Poor Will - he didn't play drums at all, he played piano and guitar. I don't know how much was streamed - I skimmed through and it seemed like it was?

On the way out, we saw Phil and got a photo - what a nice guy.

They are rescheduling the show for next Saturday night. I feel bad for the people who won't be able to come again, but I will be there.

As horrific as the day's events were, Coldplay dos something truly special and magical tonight and it was perfect.

That was great to hear, LFDianne. I can understand that the whole show was very emotional tonight. I just watched the replay broadcast on Periscope (Thanks to whoever uploaded this) and I got very emotional when the band played Yellow - I cried during the whole song, I couldnt help with my tears and once again, they blew me away with the acoustic version. I hate crying but I did it and it felt like a mixture of joy and sadness at the same time because they finally still wanted to play on this difficult time and decided to reschedule the show. My respect goes up to Coldplay once again after they posted a sudden announcement a few hours ago. Thank you so much, Coldplay.

It's just a guess that it's Birds, could be anything from AHFOD OR it might not even be a Coldplay song.

Having heard AHFOD at the Late Show, tonight's snippet wasn't from that song. However, AHFOD does have lyrics referencing birds. I thought it was birds at first until the second take when it became clear it was AHFOD.

Birds and flying seems to be a common theme with the band now, kinda fits with the no more keeping my feet on the ground theme of old.

Wow, Imagine and SPARKS ???!!!!!

The people in the audience actually got lucky to hear such rare gems today. But are they aware of that ? NO, THEY KEEP CHATTING DURING THE SONGS

@I ran away is right! People in those sort of audiences always keep KEEP talking for no reason, why would you come there in the first place? How I call it: wasting tickets:laugh3::inquisitive:

Personally I really loved the show. They should switch their setlist up a lot more often like tonight:)