✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-03-31] Estadio Único De La Plata, La Plata, Argentina

Empy

Just from watching the videos, it looks like some of the new songs like, HFTW and Army of One, dont translate well live. Either that or Chris just sounds so off when he sings them. I feel like their trying to do too much with some of the songs like that Paradise climax remix thing, what was that? Chris not even playing the organ on Fix You and just walking around? Really? I feel like the setlist doesn't mesh well either. I love In My Place live and think it would fit better as the second song as it did in the Mylo Tour. And how can you not play The Scientist? Doesn't matter if its been on the setlist since forever, people come to hear that song and its a classic and they should know that. I kind of dont know what they are thinking right now. Do I dare say that they have gotten too big for their own good? But I will say that it was the first show and hopefully they will work all this out.

Exactly my thoughts, like you read my mind lol

• Like 2

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, lads, but is that a real setlist? It's better than the one with 19 songs, because of Viva and Birds.

But 8 songs from a mediocre album, give me a break.

It's inevitable that they'll play a lot of songs off the new album. I read somewhere that it's called the 'Head Full of Dreams' tour.

• Like 5

I don't know if someone have noticed, but while singing UATW Chris adds an extra verse what he also did on a concert after attacks in Paris.

At this concert he sang this song in similar way, but with different lyrics. I remember that a lot of people thought that this is a part of Birds. To be honest, I wish it was the real song ;).

I wasn't disappoited by HFTW, this song sounds really bad live - that's all I have to say about it. Also Army of one wasn't perfect, but I hope it's because it was the first time they performed it.

I don't know enough words in English to describe how amazing Politik was... My favourite song all the time.

Have to check it out. Did anyone hear Clocks and Chris's piano playing. Sounding like a whirl. :laugh4: Maybe, it was the video being played weird. :crazy:

Think the concert was touching and warm, happy and Argentina was really into it and I expect the same tonight. Loving the new songs, I'm hoping they mix things up each night. Loved Heroes and UATW, The Mix You part. Hopefully an encore tonight. Happy to have Paradise, ETIAW and Magic and Charlie Brown back. I'm okay without The Scientist and IMP. Think they could replace them with other oldies but goodies. For You on the B-stage would be great.

I don't know if someone have noticed, but while singing UATW Chris adds an extra

verse what he also did on a concert after attacks in Paris.

I sure did, see my post on the previous page #579. :D

Thoughts after watching some videos:

- I could do without the video of the fans introducing Coldplay at the beginning. Just turn the lights off and start Colour Spectrum.

- AHFOD is a GREAT way to start the show.

- Am I the only one who really enjoys the remix at the end of Paradise?

- Politik sounds amazing.

- Chris' voice was definitely not in the best shape.

- This is going to be a great tour.

Yeah the remix is awesome! (at first I was like wtf?). But it's so powerful and very rock-ish if I may say so. It's as close as it gets to seeing Coldplay 'jammin' on stage :) (reminds me a bit of Muse concerts where they occasionally have these loud jam sessions on stage).

OK, I have been struggling through all Instagram and Twitter posts and I think I'm up to date with this thread. Héhé, it's almost time for concert #2. :D

After watching the Youtube video these are my thoughts:

At first the setlist was a bit disappointing for me because I had expected it to be somewhat less predictive. I didn't trust the one that was so-called leaked out though, that was too good to be true.

So, for me the upper highlight was Politik, the way it was played, the visuals,... a real goosebump moment.

Other favorite parts/songs were Birds (for as much that we've seen of it that is), Clocks, the mix of Midnight with Fix you, Heroes (although it is 1 less Coldplay song they've could play instead, it was a sweet Buckin' moment), Up & Up - I really love that long version.

Songs they have to work on :

AHFOD didn't get the power it needs to be an opener, I felt like Chris wasn't up with his voice at that time.

Army of One

UATW was somehow nice because of the extra "Silver bird" part

ASFOS - I'm really tired of it but I know they won't get that out of the setlist.

About the fan request:

since it was the first concert of a new tour, I suppose they choose Green Eyes because it was an easy one to start with, they have played it on the GS tour.

I think we have to have our hopes on the fan request to hear some of the really surprising songs we all would like to hear.

About the visuals - Xylobands - confetti - color powder,... : WOW.

Let's see what they have in petto for us tonight, some changes in the setlist, another fan request...

• Like 1

Thanks for posting Birds!Such a nice song to hear live!

Btw i think that, as many of us said, we've to consider many thing before 'judging' them,like the thing that it was the first show,that they'll improve each song day by day and so on...I think that a song like army will get better on next shows, at least for what i hear from jonny:bucktooth:

I'm surprised about hearing that chris wasn't feeling perfect but as we hear in many song that could be the reason why he sang in a different/bit worse way!

As if I'm going to see them live for the first time,in Manchester, I'm positive about setlist and hoow they'll play the whole set!at least it will be worth,for me, only to hear Clocks and Fix you:braces:

OK, I have been struggling through all Instagram and Twitter posts and I think I'm up to date with this thread. Héhé, it's almost time for concert #2. :D

After watching the Youtube video these are my thoughts:

Songs they have to work on :

AHFOD didn't get the power it needs to be an opener, I felt like Chris wasn't up with his voice at that time.

Army of One

UATW was somehow nice because of the extra "Silver bird" part

ASFOS - I'm really tired of it but I know they won't get that out of the setlist.

I agree on most things you said, but one thing I just can't really understand. The fact that AHFOD doesn't have the power to be an opener, I know some others have also said it before, but take look at this video and tell me again it doesn't have the power. I honestly can't remember any other Coldplay opener with this kind of singalong and crowd participation. Whether you like AHFOD or not, I think it delivers 100% as an opener!

[MEDIA=instagram]BDqluqvx72p[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqluqvx72p/

• Like 3

I agree on most things you said, but one thing I just can't really understand. The fact that AHFOD doesn't have the power to be an opener, I know some others have also said it before, but take look at this video and tell me again it doesn't have the power

Oh but I do like AHFOD, don't get me wrong. :)

I can't explain why it didn't feel so powerful as other intro's. Maybe because of the weird voice/poem at the beginning which then was going over to the song. Chris' voice was not always OK.

And it was the first show, they have to get into it, we have to get into it... :D

I think I will like it a lot more when it's my turn to go to London and Amsterdam. :)

• Like 1

Oh but I do like AHFOD, don't get me wrong. :)

I can't explain why it didn't feel so powerful as other intro's. Maybe because of the weird voice/poem at the beginning which then was going over to the song. Chris' voice was not always OK.

And it was the first show, they have to get into it, we have to get into it... :D

I think I will like it a lot more when it's my turn to go to London and Amsterdam. :)

Ah okey! I meant it to everyone who doesn't think AHFOD fits as an opener. But I think I get what you mean :) I haven't wachted the entire performance yet but I think I'll save it for Amsterdam too ;) See you there? [emoji16]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

I haven't wachted the entire performance yet but I think I'll save it for Amsterdam too ;) See you there?

I'm not that patient I'm affraid so I watched the YouTube video, it is awesome and has a very good quality. I didn't see much of the other (periscope) videos.

I'm going to Amsterdam on the 24th, I'm sitting somewhere in vak 119.

I'm not that patient I'm affraid so I watched the YouTube video, it is awesome and has a very good quality. I didn't see much of the other (periscope) videos.

I'm going to Amsterdam on the 24th, I'm sitting somewhere in vak 119.

Ahh! Then I'll be waving from the front! On the 24th [emoji16]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's inevitable that they'll play a lot of songs off the new album. I read somewhere that it's called the 'Head Full of Dreams' tour.

I guess you are right, it's always been that way. Still would be cool to add one extra song from Parachutes/X&Y, perhaps instead of Bowie song?

BTW if my memory is in good shape, I remember guys almost never changed setlist, maybe one song.

I'm wondering they couldn't perform Green Eyes always, so it's a possibility to hear Amsterdam (we got a slim chance to hear it at AA)/Scientist/Speed of Sound.

I'm surprised about hearing that chris wasn't feeling perfect but as we hear in many song that could be the reason why he sang in a different/bit worse way!

Unfortunately Chris has been never consistent with his voice, but nowadays it's almost a big luck to hear full gig with perfect vocal.

been trawling through all youtube/IG videos from last night!

-AHFOD remains for me, a great opener, especially when they fire the paint and fireworks with the woooooahhhhs haha

-Paradise remix really works for me after seeing a decent video of it! Nice little dance number - just worked out its the officially released Tiesto Remix! NICE!

-The band need to go back to basics on Fix You... imho

-IMP i can do without, but i think The Scientist belongs at a Coldplay concert

-Hopefully the setlist will grow as the tour progresses, here in the UK i've personally paid £20 extra for each ticket - £70 in total! I was expecting a 25 song setlist... am i asking too much?

-Army Of One wasn't the strongest lyrically but I think it'll improve as Chris gains confidence with performing it live

-Can we have an encore tonight??

• Like 2

I followed along on Brians periscope last night, until it ended. Very good stuff. I love Johnny's single note guitar at the end of AHFOD. I really liked the Midnight intro to Heroes too, after watching it on YouTube.

:)

A little OT but I can't seem to log in to the forums using Chrome, anyone else having this problem?

I guess you are right, it's always been that way. Still would be cool to add one extra song from Parachutes/X&Y, perhaps instead of Bowie song?

BTW if my memory is in good shape, I remember guys almost never changed setlist, maybe one song.

I'm wondering they couldn't perform Green Eyes always, so it's a possibility to hear Amsterdam (we got a slim chance to hear it at AA)/Scientist/Speed of Sound.

The band performing a David Bowie song is a lovely idea and keeps the memories of the man alive. After all, he is a musician who reinvented the style of music repeatedly.

• Like 1