✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-03-31] Estadio Único De La Plata, La Plata, Argentina

Empy

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure another half of the tour will have a different setlist. The 2011 MX shows had Lost! and Politik while the 2012 ones had Lovers in Japan and DLIBYH so I'm expecting to hear some different songs in a couple of months.

• Like 2

The more I look at that setlist the more and more I realise how weak it is.

Where's Trouble?

Where's Don't Panic?

Where's In My Place?

Where's The Scientist?

Where's GPASUYF?

Where's Speed of Sound and Talk? (Severely neglected)

Where's Violet Hill?

Where's Lovers In Japan?

And that's only the omission of singles! Obviously they can't play everything but when you have songs such as UATW, Amazing Day, ETIAW, Magic, Birds etc and you're missing classics such as these there's something wrong.

• Like 2

I think my expectations was very high after the supposed setlist leaked. This trolls hahah.

No Rush of Blood To The Head, GPASUYF, Moving to Mars.. The setlist is very short also. The same amount of songs they play during the festivals of 2011.But they played Politik (my favorite Coldplay song) and Midnight, so I'm happy :) .

Where's Trouble?

Where's Don't Panic?

Where's In My Place?

Where's The Scientist?

Where's GPASUYF?

Where's Violet Hill?

Where's Lovers In Japan?

And that's only the omission of singles! Obviously they can't play everything but when you have songs such as UATW, Amazing Day, ETIAW, Magic etc and you're missing classics such as these there's something wrong.

This.

let's calm down people. as someone already said, it's just the first day of a long, two year tour. let's give them a chance to work out the kinks and get it better. but to me, the length of the show is a different matter. let's see how tomorrow turns out :)

want to see what the people who actually attended the show thought.

Just had a look on Setlist.fm. Awesome setlist! Very colourful I think.

Politik is back :D (Best live Coldplay song imo) and Midnight too! Xylobands :D

Green Eyes out of the way. Hopefully, their chosen requests are a bit more adventurous for the next shows!

• Like 2

let's calm down people. as someone already said, it's just the first day of a long, two year tour. let's give them a chance to work out the kinks and get it better. but to me, the length of the show is a different matter. let's see how tomorrow turns out :)

want to see what the people who actually attended the show thought.

That's also what i think.

Moreover they're playing again in Buenos Aires tonight so they probably won't play exactly the same setlist so they can include The Scientist, Speed of sound or anything else !

And now they tried almost all the AHFOD's songs live let's hope they remove "the worst live ones" to "the best old ones" :D

I had my hopes really high after that leaked setlist earlier in the week. Seems a bit short to me, but a blast either way. Lots of moving pieces to put on a show of this scale, maybe once they have the kinks worked out and get into a good rhythm they can add a couple more songs.

• Like 1

I just tweeted at the Band to say that i find it really disappointing that they only play 19 songs (and only 18 of their songs), that's the same length as their 2010 set (the last time that they came to Mexico) and they have 3 more records now, even the Rolling Stones who are 150 years old played 19 songs here two weeks ago. You guys should start tweeting at them to see if we can get through to them :confused:

Eh? This seems like a great setlist. Agreed that Green Eyes is a bit of a softball request though.

-Live debuts of Birds and Army of One!

-Return of Politik!

-Midnight!

-Any Coldplay cover of another artist is usually amazing

-UATW is amazing and has been missing from the setlist for a while

I know, right? This makes my 2012 concert pale in comparison. It has some things I'd change, but this is literally the first show of the tour. Give it time guys.

I just tweeted at the Band to say that i find it really disappointing that they only play 19 songs (and only 18 of their songs), that's the same length as their 2010 set (the last time that they came to Mexico) and they have 3 more records now, even the Rolling Stones who are 150 years old played 19 songs here two weeks ago. You guys should start tweeting at them to see if we can get through to them :confused:

they played 21 songs though (and 2 hours?)

• Like 1

Where's Trouble?

Where's Don't Panic?

Where's In My Place?

Where's The Scientist?

Where's GPASUYF?

Where's Violet Hill?

Where's Lovers In Japan?

And that's only the omission of singles! Obviously they can't play everything but when you have songs such as UATW, Amazing Day, ETIAW, Magic, Birds etc and you're missing classics such as these there's something wrong.

Half the songs you listed are songs they rarely play anyways; Trouble, Don't Panic. Speed of Sound, Talk and Lovers in Japan are songs that we're lucky to hear even once (especially Talk).