✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-03-31] Estadio Único De La Plata, La Plata, Argentina

Empy

Looks like they didn't perform Birds then? (Can't find it on the full video)

Yeah they did, you can hear it slightly at the end of every teardrop before the camera guy cuts it out. It isn't the whole concert. Video is only 1.5 hours whereas the concert is 2 hours. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a clip of Birds somewhere... can't remember sorry

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they did, you can hear it slightly at the end of every teardrop before the camera guy cuts it out. It isn't the whole concert. Video is only 1.5 hours whereas the concert is 2 hours. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a clip of Birds somewhere... can't remember sorry

Makes sense now. Very strange that there are no videos whatsoever of Birds (none that I could find anyway).

politik performance just gave me chills! it's an incredibly rare song, that can make you feel just like the day you first heard it, years and years after! what a song! i'm just glad the band seem to love and appreciate the song as it is deserved, just like us fans.

That was in my opinion the best moment of the night. First, hearing Politik - one of my favourite songs of all time - and they haven't played it live since 2011 what I know. And then - Midnight - in a stadium with lasers. The coolest thing ever!

• Like 1

So I'm not the only one who is still waiting for a full video of Birds!:braces:

Hope someone will post it..at least we'll to wait few shows to see it!

(I really want to know how Chris play it!)

They is one low quality video on Youtube! By writing "Coldplay Birds Buenos Aires" you should easily find it

Just from watching the videos, it looks like some of the new songs like, HFTW and Army of One, dont translate well live. Either that or Chris just sounds so off when he sings them. I feel like their trying to do too much with some of the songs like that Paradise climax remix thing, what was that? Chris not even playing the organ on Fix You and just walking around? Really? I feel like the setlist doesn't mesh well either. I love In My Place live and think it would fit better as the second song as it did in the Mylo Tour. And how can you not play The Scientist? Doesn't matter if its been on the setlist since forever, people come to hear that song and its a classic and they should know that. I kind of dont know what they are thinking right now. Do I dare say that they have gotten too big for their own good? But I will say that it was the first show and hopefully they will work all this out.

• Like 1

I agree that HFTW is bad live. Chris can't carry the energy of the song himself. He should do like he did with Princess of China on the MX tour and only sing HFTW when he's with Beyoncé. Also I bet tonight they'll play The Scientist and all of that. You people should be glad they aren't Radiohead, and purposefully screwing up some of their classics (i.e. Creep). I bet they get so tired of playing those songs every single show of their lives.

• Like 2

Just from watching the videos, it looks like some of the new songs like, HFTW and Army of One, dont translate well live. Either that or Chris just sounds so off when he sings them. I feel like their trying to do too much with some of the songs like that Paradise climax remix thing, what was that? Chris not even playing the organ on Fix You and just walking around? Really? I feel like the setlist doesn't mesh well either. I love In My Place live and think it would fit better as the second song as it did in the Mylo Tour. And how can you not play The Scientist? Doesn't matter if its been on the setlist since forever, people come to hear that song and its a classic and they should know that. I kind of dont know what they are thinking right now. Do I dare say that they have gotten too big for their own good? But I will say that it was the first show and hopefully they will work all this out.

I agree with you. Something pf Coldplay's core soul has been lost on the way. I am not so optimistic for the rest of the tour

Well that concert was filmed for Live 2012 and includes a reprise of Princess of China and a Rihanna cover. Most of the shows from the MX Tour had 20-21 songs just like last night. Take a look at the average setlist, it's more accurate: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/coldplay-3d6bde3.html?tour=Mylo+Xyloto+Tour

I really think, they are trying to incorporate several new things. Chris not playing the piano was a big surprise, but a good one. I would like that Jonny and Guy could walk through the walkway, it would be cool. And also when the show is over, they could do the bow thing at the end of the walkway, so a more dynamic experience.

I love Birds !! It sounds beautiful !!!!

And that Jonny's guitar !! I love Coldplay :dance::dazzled:

• Like 1

Well that concert was filmed for Live 2012 and includes a reprise of Princess of China and a Rihanna cover. Most of the shows from the MX Tour had 20-21 songs just like last night. Take a look at the average setlist, it's more accurate: http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/coldplay-3d6bde3.html?tour=Mylo+Xyloto+Tour

I'm sorry. I guess you are right. I just wish they play a little more songs since we don't know if we will going to get another album and another tour. And if we get it's not going be anytime soon. That being said I'm just happy and grateful they will play in my country next week. I'm counting the days.

I hear somewhere Chris was sick and with fever this week. That may explain for some people who thinks his voice was a little off last night

Well I just started watching that YouTube video and my first impression that he was having some problems with the high notes in AHFOD. He sang some parts differently, maybe to preserve his voice.

• Like 1

I have come to the YouTube video point just after Politik.

WOW.

And Chris' voice seems fine in the other songs that I have heard so far. He even managed to sing Midnight, what he not always managed to do in the GS tour!

That YouTube video is so awesome.

Isn't it June yet? :D

• Like 2

Thoughts after watching some videos:

- I could do without the video of the fans introducing Coldplay at the beginning. Just turn the lights off and start Colour Spectrum.

- AHFOD is a GREAT way to start the show.

- Am I the only one who really enjoys the remix at the end of Paradise?

- Politik sounds amazing.

- Chris' voice was definitely not in the best shape.

- This is going to be a great tour.

• Like 5