✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-03-31] Estadio Único De La Plata, La Plata, Argentina

Empy

I want to be positive here but that setlist, I'm a bit dissappointed. Come on guys the tickets are already so expensive, and you have 7 albums and play only 21-22 songs... Again...? And btw Viva/X&Y deserve more than just 1 song.....

- And Green Eyes, well that was to be expected (I'd love to hear it live though never have)

Now on to positive things: It's the first day and we have a lot of awesome days to come! I also love the way Army Of One is performed!

And AHFOD is a great opener IMO, it gets the crows moving from the moment the drums start! Not to mention the singalong during the ooohooh's!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've to say that I was so excited too when i saw the 'fake' setlist,but I think that as its the first leg of this tour,as many said, shows'll be better and better..I really hope so!

And I hope they'll ad few more song that haven't been played last night:fingersx:

About the cover i think that it can find place if there are more song played,not if the setlist is like the one they had!

I'm looking forward to see a video about Birds,which is one of the best song of the last album and i'm curious to see how is played :guitarist:

Army of one, which is a song that I appreciate(except for that 'army of one' repeated for the whole song),could be played better by Chris...Jonny's part is so nice for the whole song but chris didn't played well as I expected and, as he had to do for other songs, he should play that song on piano,not only singing!

Btw I think that is a good point to start and we'll see how the next shows will be!!

• Like 2

Hmm, only 1 'surprise' song they added themselve (Politik)

No violet hill or God put a smile!!: god put a smile is such a highlight where they show how to rock. Really did not expect them to leave it out.

No Scientist? That's makes it feel really incomplete :confused::bigcry:

• Like 1

yeah but why no Fun ? Ah Come on Chris didn't you have Fun ? Don’t say it was all a waste

Very, very strange that they haven't included Fun. Maybe they are waiting for Tove Lo to actually perform it with them during their European tour, only thing I can think of it.

• Like 3

Hmm, only 1 'surprise' song they added themselve (Politik)

No violet hill or God put a smile!!: god put a smile is such a highlight where they show how to rock. Really did not expect them to leave it out.

No Scientist? That's makes it feel really incomplete :confused::bigcry:

I suppose their back catalogue is quite big now, they can't include everything. I expect the band have to pick and choose quite carefully.

• Like 2

Hi Coldplayers :)

I for one hope they won't play "GREEN EYES" in ZURICH on June 11th... coz I already had it in 2009 & 2014 in PARIS !!!

BUT : I REALLY HOPE for "IN MY PLACE" & "THE SCIENTIST" to be back <3 *THEY ARE MUST HAVE*

...and : Oh PLEASE ---> NO "UATW" :O :/

"AROBTTH" & "TROUBLE" & "GRAVITY" & "AMSTERDAM" & "SWOLLOWED IN THE SEA" would be A-MA-ZING !!! *_______*

REALLY HOPING for a more "elaborated" and less "MX" setlist !!!

But HAPPY they played "POLITIK" :O (Y)

(just my opinion...)

ANYWAY : LATIN AMERICANS haven't seen COLDPLAY since 5 YEARS !!!

(...and sadly never saw the Xylobands "for real" since now)

So I can easily understand some things they choose to play...

(an I think the few 1st concerts are most of the time in order to "experiment" some setlists...)

I genuinely don't wanna seem rude, coz : YES THE CONCERT LOOKED GREAT :)

Love to yall, x

Here you can see some snippet of the entire concert:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZm4hJ-W8XeOA3jMAViIBSQ/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

The videos are not so well ordered,and still there's isn't birds, but you can hear and see something interesting..

ETIAW is now enterly played with the guitar by chris,and I found it nice!

I also think that they didn't respect the whole setlist 'cause at the end of Hymn you can hear Midnight starting,while it was expected after Politik

I guess that Politik will be played in every show because if you watch at the beginning you can see videos about war showed on the screen (before chris start singing) and this let me think that they'll play it for sending some kind of messages, as we all now how things are going nowadays!

• Like 2

what a dissaponting kick-off. c'mon... they made southamerica wait for this... they have songs to play easily 23-25 per concert. i remember that even bands like radiohead broken their tabu songs to play it there (like creep in in rainbows tour)... so i don't what to expect... looking forward for today and chile, the first place with only 1 concert.

Sent from my X5 using Coldplaying mobile app

glad to know they kept Teardrop into the setlist ! i got obsessed with that song lately ...

I don't know if I wish they kept the fake setlist instead, but somehow i'm glad i don't have to hear Scientist or In My Place anymore. Sure great songs live, but they've been on their setlist ever since Rush Of Blood came out. So it's refreshing to have a setlist without those.

Yellow as 2nd song ? c'mon Chris , it's one of your biggest song, save it for later ! Paradise or Charlie Brown would've been a better follow up to AHFOD .... but i'm glad they moved things up a little. Putting Fix You and Clocks earlier in the set, which is a nice change when we kept having those for the encore (even tho they are great encore songs, but it's just refreshing in my opinion)

For Heroes, I reckon it's just a tribute for Bowie, they won't keep it the entire SA/EU/UK tour, i reckon they will change it for one of their own songs before the UK tour kicks off ...