✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-03-31] Estadio Único De La Plata, La Plata, Argentina

Empy

been trawling through all youtube/IG videos from last night!

-AHFOD remains for me, a great opener, especially when they fire the paint and fireworks with the woooooahhhhs haha

-Paradise remix really works for me after seeing a decent video of it! Nice little dance number

-The band need to go back to basics on Fix You... imho

-IMP i can do without, but i think The Scientist belongs at a Coldplay concert

-Hopefully the setlist will grow as the tour progresses, here in the UK i've personally paid £20 extra for each ticket - £70 in total! I was expecting a 25 song setlist... am i asking too much?

-Army Of One wasn't the strongest lyrically but I think it'll improve as Chris gains confidence with performing it live

-Can we have an encore tonight??

100% agree with you!

• Like 1

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everybody, do you like the performances of the tour so far ?:)

Sorry for this late reaction, haha.. I think I have to catch things up in here, but what I wanted to say is that I really enjoy watching the first show of the tour, it was so powerful ! And the first thing that comes to my mind is how they played Army Of One, what a great live version was that!! It was already one of my favourites but now, that version, IMO it fits in the X&Y era. But Oldplayers, my apologizes if it doesn't:D And that ''remix'' of Paradise sounds very nice.

Anyway, it's just a GREAT show, that's it, yeah. But, of course, I am also hoping they're gonna play more old songs on their upcoming shows which they haven't played for a (very) long time, where every CP fan's hoping for (I think) !

• Like 2

been trawling through all youtube/IG videos from last night!

-AHFOD remains for me, a great opener, especially when they fire the paint and fireworks with the woooooahhhhs haha

-Paradise remix really works for me after seeing a decent video of it! Nice little dance number

-The band need to go back to basics on Fix You... imho

-IMP i can do without, but i think The Scientist belongs at a Coldplay concert

-Hopefully the setlist will grow as the tour progresses, here in the UK i've personally paid £20 extra for each ticket - £70 in total! I was expecting a 25 song setlist... am i asking too much?

-Army Of One wasn't the strongest lyrically but I think it'll improve as Chris gains confidence with performing it live

-Can we have an encore tonight??

I didn't think they played In My Place?

The band performing a David Bowie song is a lovely idea and keeps the memories of the man alive. After all, he is a musician who reinvented the style of music repeatedly.

Maybe. Perosnally I never understood the fuss about Bowie. The same with Bob Dylan. Can't remember any great song.

Sorry to hear you think it was disappointing. Those Argentinean fans did not look unhappy one bit.

i think nobody will be dissaponted being in the middle of a coldplay concert, you MUST enjoy... if somebody doesn't, why did him/her go?

but, from the criticsm side, coldplay is in a age where they have to overperform expectatives from past tours. they are maybe the most massive band of this world in this moment, as U2 was like a decade ago. 19 songs (with 1 cover) and the selection songs are dissapointing considering that coldplay have 7 (!) studio albums, and several singles and classic hits. I don't like U2, but i know when they hit this point, they made an incredible tour (as coldplay are doing), but also incredible in the career review and the musical quality and that's is the point.

This setlist had highs points, like Politik, that maybe is the song that pay the ticket. But, c'mon, they are coldplay, they were preparing this big tour a lot, and are playing the same amount of songs that in MX, with 2 more albums, and filling like 40% with the last one...

they don't fulfill the expectation of the band of their size. the first is always the music... then xylobands and things like that.

• Like 2

i think nobody will be dissaponted being in the middle of a coldplay concert, you MUST enjoy... if somebody doesn't, why did him/her go?

but, from the criticsm side, coldplay is in a age where they have to overperform expectatives from past tours. they are maybe the most massive band of this world in this moment. 19 songs (with 1 cover) and the selection songs are dissapointing considering that coldplay have 7 (!) studio albums, and several singles and classic hits.

This setlist had highs points, like Politik. But, c'mon, they are coldplay, they were preparing this big tour a lot, and are playing the same amount of songs that in MX, with 2 more albums, and filling like 40% with the last one...

This is so so right........ (IMO)

It's actually absurd that they left so many incredible good old songs. I really don't understand how they could do that.

I miss Shiver, Spies, AROBTTH (honestly, not 1 of my favourites but it would be amazing if they'll perform it on some of their upcoming shows), Death And All His Friends,Square One,Speed Of Sound,Life In Technicolor ii, Violet Hill, God Put A Smile, Atlas!! and so on......

These are songs that I really want to hear again on a show of this tour.

and are playing the same amount of songs that in MX, with 2 more albums, and filling like 40% with the last one...

promoting ahfod is the point of the tour. this is to be expected and has been the case every single tour supporting an album. other than that, i agree with you to an extent.

promoting ahfod is the point of the tour. this is to be expected and has been the case every single tour supporting an album. other than that, i agree with you to an extent.

not really... they make wayyyy more money touring. I would say it's the other way around

not really... they make wayyyy more money touring. I would say it's the other way around

I don't think Gai mentioned money. Promoting the album is the point of the tour like Gai said. But you're right too, they make more money with touring.

• Like 1

come on! every tour is supporting an album. that's why it is named as such. and every tour has favored more songs from that album. that's just the way it is. so ahfod tour will have more ahfod songs than any other album. in my opinion, money doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are playing 6-7 songs from ahfod, in the ahfod tour!

edit: yep, jc put that well :)

• Like 2

come on! every tour is supporting an album. that's why it is named as such. and every tour has favored more songs from that album. that's just the way it is. so ahfod tour will have more ahfod songs than any other album. in my opinion, money doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are playing 6-7 songs from ahfod, in the ahfod tour!

edit: yep, jc put that well :)

I kind of think the point of the AHFOD album is to promote the tour though

but, from the criticsm side, coldplay is in a age where they have to overperform expectatives from past tours. they are maybe the most massive band of this world in this moment, as U2 was like a decade ago. 19 songs (with 1 cover) and the selection songs are dissapointing considering that coldplay have 7 (!) studio albums, and several singles and classic hits. I don't like U2, but i know when they hit this point, they made an incredible tour (as coldplay are doing), but also incredible in the career review and the musical quality and that's is the point.

This setlist had highs points, like Politik, that maybe is the song that pay the ticket. But, c'mon, they are coldplay, they were preparing this big tour a lot, and are playing the same amount of songs that in MX, with 2 more albums, and filling like 40% with the last one...

they don't fulfill the expectation of the band of their size. the first is always the music... then xylobands and things like that.

You are absolutely right !

I kind of think the point of the AHFOD album is to promote the tour though

seems it's the other way round. chris himself said that the tour is centered around the album and all the other songs of the setlist are chosen to fit and flow with the ahfod songs they play.

yeah i know, but 40% is a lot... also you must consider than currently the way to promote an album is not via concert, as 15 years ago, that you had to listen the radio o some tv show to be updated (MTV with music, something very rare now), buy the disc or go to the next concert.

now you have all this online platforms that reduce the promotion weight of the concert. The concert is to enjoy them performing alive and also a way to make the money that internet free difusion items take away from music companies.

About realism, it's ok, i understand that they will not play 3 hours, but currently several bands of their trayectory plays from 2 to 2h30, with 23-28 songs per concert.

the setlist of yesterday in Bs.As (21 songs) was more solid and close to the thing that one expect of a band of the size of coldplay. that's all.

p.s. i love coldplay and all their changes. i'm not an oldplayer.

• Like 1

When it comes down to it, the point of the tour is to make a shit load of money, pure and simple.

The concert is to enjoy them performing alive and also a way to make the money that internet free difusion items take away from music companies.

Some bands specifically make songs for tour or stadium performance. Like U2 with previous album - some material sounds much better then studio record.

And it's not about to make long setlist, for Chris, he said it several times, it to make perfect show. Two hours is fair enough, I think. This gig setlist with Scientist and Shiver is perfect for my taste. Would glad to hear it in Amsterdam (I still doubt they would play Amsterdam because it's a long song with complex tune at the end).