✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Secret Santa 2016 ~ A Sleigh Full of Gifts

SantaClaus

Today I have received a SECOND Secret Santa box of delights from the super-kind and generous Shreya...... thank you sooooooo much. You have no idea how much happiness this brought me on this cold rainy day in North Wales.

20161221_091703.thumb.jpg.be1c82e83c94d8aa7544f8744ca97b28.jpg

Opening the box, which had come all the way from India, I found lots and lots of shiny parcels with little personal notes.

I LOVE all the little hand-made stars and there were cute little decorations for my Christmas tree.

There's a miniature tree, yummy chocolate, a kooky frog pencil and a musical snow globe - I love this ! ... and a pretty little sparkly heart pendant.. that will be on a silver chain round my neck today !

20161221_093804.thumb.jpg.f3027dbb38f299b24360afd696c5459d.jpg

But I could hardly speak when I unwrapped the tiny pack which contained confetti from Mumbai !!! How precious and special is that ? My husband asked where it was from and I just about gulped and managed to whisper .... Mumbai...... I couldn't say any more or I would have burst into tears !

I haven't got any of the tiny 'rainbow' squares so I was especially delighted with those. Thank you so much... and for the Coldplay photo, with signatures, which will be framed and put on the wall in my 'Coldplay Corner'.

20161221_093027.thumb.jpg.325d3f9946f99f0d19e39d0b83e6d990.jpg

Shreya - I will write a 'real' letter to you soon. I wish you a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and I send you a HUGE THANK YOU !

20161221_092411.thumb.jpg.132d506a242352c1bc66ab7a48c3647e.jpg

20161221_092754.thumb.jpg.d5ab0cff028648765b9dddf2e02fdf34.jpg

20161221_092942.thumb.jpg.64255d5d7cecf6bcb7ca16994e9a0249.jpg

20161221_091703.thumb.jpg.a293d616e4177d25d8747e57d3cfe2ed.jpg

20161221_093432.thumb.jpg.48ee194effe9b7fd9e86e76aafb0eca2.jpg

• Like 10

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent my little package off three weeks ago, and I do have tracking on it, and it says it's still in transit. :oops: The post office said it'd be delivered within 8 to 10 days. Just hoping it arrives before Christmas now. I've been checking my mail with anticipation for something to arrive for me too. :yum Secret Santa is really building the suspense this year! hehe I've been so enjoying seeing everyone's packages though! Everyone is so thoughtful and creative! It's another present to us all to get to witness the love going around the world through this. My Christmas wouldn't be right without it now. :yum Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 6

Finally posting my gorgeous hand made card & beautiful peace sign necklace from [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] ! So amazed by it all and worn it to a few holiday parties. Thank you so much, it's so lovely & I am so touched ❤️

Ughhh my phone can't upload the pics . I will have to post them when I have a computer

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg

I was just sitting on the sofa when my mom got home and handed me this box.

e2de7cc3f6a4ef7005a4ffd90f8a271e.jpg

My heart started beating faster (and faster and faster).

14d21a7c302a560c6082fd2ec652f905.jpg

I tried to preserve the beautiful starry paper, but it just didn't work (sorry).

dafb56f3be473e8aa5333e01e987faa8.jpg

The first thing I saw was this small envelope, which I will only open on the 24th, and by this time my heart was exploding already.

Then I removed the starry paper and saw some very yummy-looking sweets, which I will try not to eat all at once (I'll share them with my parents).

c9f3ac825d09ea3f2a6ac540f614d1c7.jpg

Two packs of chocolate covered gingerbread cookies, a Milka chocolate star, a Milka chocolate snow man, a bag of (homemade?) cookies and a tiny chocolate santa.

As I digged a little more, I saw something that made go "awwww" in front of my mum: a glowing-in-the-dark star with Coldplay written on it. I think I already know where to put it... [emoji4]

Then, I took from the box something that looked like a CD. It was wrapped in the starry paper. I opened it and found a beautiful notebook, with a blue stars motif and Believe In Love written on the front cover and Coldplay For Ever written on the back. It's so awesome!! I love it so much! There was also a note on the inside:

51ccf5a5c9d34a10e8e2c58d0bf997ca.jpg

Under the notebook, there was another wrapped up square: and this one WAS a CD!! It's a recording of the concert Coldplay gave on 6 December 2014 at the BMW Welt in Germany!!c1fa3d77c283ef2390a18393bcb7c48d.jpg

I felt like my heart was already popping out of my chest!! So when I saw what was on the very bottom of the box, I started jumping and biting my hand (don't know why I did that).

IT WAS A FREAKING XYLOBAND!!!!!!!!!

5a35e267ccdff7c9db4f2c3bd8626dc8.jpg

I couldn't believe it!! I was and am so happy!!!! I can't believe someone gave me a Xyloband!! My mum didn't understand my excitement, so I had to explain to her what that pink thingy was!

There was also a postcard (from not so far away) at the bottom: it came all the way from Passau, Germany and it features a note from my Secret Santa:

ade9a548b01ba3c9c18fe2d4a35226af.jpg

04258101bfa48b3f7d1ff4be4e1ba457.jpg

OH MY GOD!! THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH, Silke (@Mortilorie)!!!! I love this gift so so so so so much and I still cannot believe you actually sent me all these beautiful and amazing things!! This is too much!! I love it so much! It was such a nice surprise, the Xyloband (WHATTTT?!?!?!?!??) and the CD (can't wait to hear it!) and the sweets and the notebook and the star and postcard and the letter and even the wrapping paper!! Thank you so so much! I cannot thank you enough! And it came all the way from Germany! I have already been to Munich for 6 hours (I was stuck at the airport for all that time, though), but I don't know the country at all. Hope I get to visit it someday! You're amazing, @Mortilorie! And a great Secret Santa!! Thank you and Merry Christmas!! [emoji1]

I feel so bad for having sent such a "poor" gift! I'm so sorry @Christa42; I hope you liked it anyway!! [emoji37]

Man, this got long. Sorry for that. Merry Christmas to you all!! [emoji178]

[ATTACH=full]6444[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6445[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6447[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6448[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6449[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6450[/ATTACH]

Love this star [emoji7]

Finally posting my gorgeous hand made card & beautiful peace sign necklace from [uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] ! So amazed by it all and worn it to a few holiday parties. Thank you so much, it's so lovely & I am so touched [emoji173]️

Ughhh my phone can't upload the pics . I will have to post them when I have a computer

Sent from my SM-G900F using Coldplaying mobile app

[uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] I am so glad it all arrived in one piece and that you like it! First of all: The necklace you sent to Christa is absolutely beautiful!! So you got it right!

Your secret santa gift has quite some story. I have sent you the details in a PM. The short version is: It is all down to Moniru, my husband and a few lucky "coincidences" (which I do not believe that really exist ...) which made this gift as special as it is and since I do not believe in coincidences, you might have just been the one to need that gift. My gift from Moniru is also very special to me, @Moniru I have even used your flower of life ornament as decoration in my yoga classes recently.

My first ever secret santa gift that I sent by the way was just a hand made card. Everything starts small ...

Feeling so happy now. As somebody else said: Giving is even more rewarding than receiving.

• Like 5

A bit belated I just managed to make a photo and upload my Santa card here:

20161221_233753.thumb.jpg.fa3c13fe3d90be36467d5b698f01bbe7.jpg

Thanks again @Nathália Galvão for the lovely card/letter, the yellow success wish ribbon and the recipe !!! I was very happy to receive it that morning. I loved your little drawing too. How funny that you have been to my city, what did you do there, were you there as a tourist ? If you plan to come back let me know :)

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg
[uSER=101247]@diogo_sg[/uSER] I am so glad it all arrived in one piece and that you like it! First of all: The necklace you sent to Christa is absolutely beautiful!! So you got it right!

Your secret santa gift has quite some story. I have sent you the details in a PM. The short version is: It is all down to Moniru, my husband and a few lucky "coincidences" (which I do not believe that really exist ...) which made this gift as special as it is and since I do not believe in coincidences, you might have just been the one to need that gift. My gift from Moniru is also very special to me, @Moniru I have even used your flower of life ornament as decoration in my yoga classes recently.

My first ever secret santa gift that I sent by the way was just a hand made card. Everything starts small ...

Feeling so happy now. As somebody else said: Giving is even more rewarding than receiving.

It's amazing how the chocolates didn't melt or anything! That's quite some achievement!

Thank you for your kind words. Next year there will (hopefully) be some surprises coming from Portugal to somewhere in the world [emoji4]

Also, may I ask what flower of life ornament is that? I'm rather curious.

MAYA!!! Apparently the tracking doesnt work properly... I got your package sometime last week (Thank you so so very much! :heart_eyes: love every bit of it! ) - but everything was so busy at work and at home (plus my BF broke up with me last weekend all of a sudden after 9,5 years :sob: )

I didnt really feel like going online at all....

Und Maya, Dein Deutsch ist wirklich gut! Vielen, vielen Dank! I adore the Journal its perfect! (funny fact: i gave a journal away to my secret santa as well :innocent:)

I am really looking forward to reading the book - heard a lot about - but have never had the chance to read it.

Thank you so much and Happy Holidays to you and everyone here.

FullSizeRender_zpsapcyczqu.jpg

I sent my little package off three weeks ago, and I do have tracking on it, and it says it's still in transit. :oops: The post office said it'd be delivered within 8 to 10 days. Just hoping it arrives before Christmas now. I've been checking my mail with anticipation for something to arrive for me too. :yum Secret Santa is really building the suspense this year! hehe I've been so enjoying seeing everyone's packages though! Everyone is so thoughtful and creative! It's another present to us all to get to witness the love going around the world through this. My Christmas wouldn't be right without it now. :yum Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Like 8

MAYA!!! Apparently the tracking doesnt work properly... I got your package sometime last week (Thank you so so very much! :heart_eyes: love every bit of it! ) - but everything was so busy at work and at home (plus my BF broke up with me last weekend all of a sudden after 9,5 years :sob: )

Und Maya, Dein Deutsch ist wirklich gut! Vielen, vielen Dank! I adore the Journal its perfect! (funny fact: i gave a journal away to my secret santa as well :innocent:)

I am really looking forward to reading the book - heard a lot about - but have never had the chance to read it.

Sorry to hear about the breakup (after 9.5yrs?! that must be horrible !) stay strong ! :(

On another note, @girl_in_the_band_tshirt (Maya), I hardly dare to ask because I know I was too late and sent it afte Christmas, but did you ever get my package for last year's Secret Santa ?

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

I'm so sorry about the break up [emoji20]

Oh Angelfish ! Don't be too upset about the break-up.... it really hurts now, but - I know it's a cliché - time really DOES heal. Another lovely guy will come your way. It's just the way life goes.. ups & downs.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry about the break up. Good things are coming your way. Sending you a big hug and Happy Holidays to you :)

• Like 2

Can relate to your trouble ...stress in job and break up with boyfriend bin auch aus Deutschland [emoji4]. Stay strong and don't ever give up!

What a lovely gift !

BTW I have no tracking number cause otherwise shipping costs had been incredibly high but I still believe in Coldplay Karma and Magic that my secret Santa parcel didn't get lost and will arrive tomorrow or on Saturday in time

Sent from my SM-G900F using Coldplaying mobile app

Shreya must like you :) and I'm waiting for present from Shreya too :) congrats you lucky oldiefan

Sarah it should have reached you too ill check up with the post office and yours too has a lot of mini presents which I can't wait for you to see...

I hope it reaches you ASAP....

• Like 1