✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Secret Santa 2016 ~ A Sleigh Full of Gifts

SantaClaus

I got my package today! It came at such a perfect moment, when I was down after losing a great friend to a long fight with cancer on Thanksgiving. Thank you for your thoughtfulness, @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo. There is SO much in it that I want to lay it all out nicely and take a picture in daylight to send here tomorrow. You just made my whole Christmas!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to hear that @iamsue. :( Were you at least still able to talk to her on Wednesday, or not any more ?

Wishing you lots of strength and sending hugs over to you !

• Like 1

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to whoever asked about the avatar ... yes it is a picture from the beautiful 3D card that Moniru made. Have a look for yourself in the attached pictures.

That was me!

That's such an amazing card. You can literally see the time and effort that was put into it.

And I can see Frida Kahlo, my favourite paintress (she was such a strong woman)!!!

• Like 2

@iamsue

So sorry for your loss... Sincerely hoping all these virtual hugs from around the planet are bringing you some comfort. This little community in my view, gives the feeling of being immersed in one of the concerts, where you can feel true love for our fellow humans being shared.

• Like 4

I sent my package last Friday :D

I got my package today! It came at such a perfect moment, when I was down after losing a great friend to a long fight with cancer on Thanksgiving. Thank you for your thoughtfulness, @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo. There is SO much in it that I want to lay it all out nicely and take a picture in daylight to send here tomorrow. You just made my whole Christmas!!

I'm so sorry for your loss, sending you a big hug from the other side of the world!

• Like 1

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Even when expected, it is always sad to lose a dear one.

Big hugs from me.

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone's concerns about my friend. It goes to show what a kind group Coldplayers are. I saw her on Weds afternoon. She passed the next night. On a happier note, I was SO lucky to get @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo for my secret Santa. Just LOOK at what she sent me!! [emoji847]889c4d890843d665ec4c20744e8bc092.jpg21b1c0e7fb91626ee8273e7748658645.jpg. The card in the backdrop shows the medieval doors found where she lives (I don't want to divulge her location without her ok.) I especially loved the letter on the back of that card that describes where she is and how the gifts reflect that location. If you look closely at the second picture, you will see her adorable drawing with carefully cut out pictures of the guys: Chris the elf, Johnny the teddy bear (too cute for words!!), Will the left snowman and Guy the right snowman. How clever!! The stars on the tree in the background of the first pic are both origami from ASFOS and woven, an ornament typical of her area. Here's another really clever gift: By the card of the guys is an Advent calendar in the area language with cute pictures for each day, and the translation she kindly put on the back of each page. What's an amazing coincidence is the X&Y bookmark she meticulously cut out in little colored squares in Baudot code. The back has my name in colored code! I don't know how it was even possible to cut squares that tiny and glue them. My hands would be a mass of colored glue!! Last year I gave my Secret Santa a cross/stitched Baudot code towel of X&Y. @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo also cross-stitched and made me this beautiful, double-sided Coldplay key chain. I can't tell you how much this gift means to me! I will treasure each carefully chosen piece. A million thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

@iamsue

So sorry for your loss... Sincerely hoping all these virtual hugs from around the planet are bringing you some comfort. This little community in my view, gives the feeling of being immersed in one of the concerts, where you can feel true love for our fellow humans being shared.

Truer words were never spoken. I am basking in all of your live. I keep thinking my friend would love to read these posts. Your love really references her spirit. Thanks again, everyone!!

• Like 2

I appreciate everyone's concerns about my friend. It goes to show what a kind group Coldplayers are. I saw her on Weds afternoon. She passed the next night. On a happier note, I was SO lucky to get @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo for my secret Santa. Just LOOK at what she sent me!! [emoji847]889c4d890843d665ec4c20744e8bc092.jpg21b1c0e7fb91626ee8273e7748658645.jpg. The card in the backdrop shows the medieval doors found where she lives (I don't want to divulge her location without her ok.) I especially loved the letter on the back of that card that describes where she is and how the gifts reflect that location. If you look closely at the second picture, you will see her adorable drawing with carefully cut out pictures of the guys: Chris the elf, Johnny the teddy bear (too cute for words!!), Will the left snowman and Guy the right snowman. How clever!! The stars on the tree in the background of the first pic are both origami from ASFOS and woven, an ornament typical of her area. Here's another really clever gift: By the card of the guys is an Advent calendar in the area language with cute pictures for each day, and the translation she kindly put on the back of each page. What's an amazing coincidence is the X&Y bookmark she meticulously cut out in little colored squares in Baudot code. The back has my name in colored code! I don't know how it was even possible to cut squares that tiny and glue them. My hands would be a mass of colored glue!! Last year I gave my Secret Santa a cross/stitched Baudot code towel of X&Y. @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo also cross-stitched and made me this beautiful, double-sided Coldplay key chain. I can't tell you how much this gift means to me! I will treasure each carefully chosen piece. A million thanks!!

What a wonderful gift, @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo ! And hey, we live in the same country and I've indeed heard of your city before cause it's famous for its medieval architecture... :)

• Like 1

I'm glad you had the opportunity to visit your friend. I've heard stories of people wanting to visit their loved ones but for different reasons never went and regretting not going because it was too late.

Anyways, your gifts are so beautiful. I'm so happy this community is helping each other to have a wonderful Christmas!

• Like 3

What beautiful gifts !... and how clever.

• Like 1

So sorry for your loss!

And what a beautiful package, great job @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've just sent my package :) The woman at the post office was so sweet - when she saw that my parcel was for someone from abroad she decided to stick on the prettiest postage stamp that she had <3

@iamsue I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm glad that you were able to meet with her before that happened.

• Like 4

I've just sent my package :) The woman at the post office was so sweet - when she saw that my parcel was for someone from abroad she decided to stick on the prettiest postage stamp that she had <3

@iamsue I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm glad that you were able to meet with her before that happened.

Unbelievable!!! We're making the world a little better one mailing at a time!!

• Like 5

I'm so glad you liked it!

Btw as you mention the bookmark: You haven't seen my fingers after finishing it :P

One of my hobbies is to fabricate silhouettes (I hope that it's the right translation) so I've got the tiny tools at home.

But most important is the fact that this little project connects people from all over the world!

And I had a lot of fun, especially with the personalized gifts :D

What a wonderful gift, @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo ! And hey, we live in the same country and I've indeed heard of your city before cause it's famous for its medieval architecture... :)

Thank you!

YAYYYYYY and hello, compatriot!

I can only recommend a visit, it's pretty idyllic there ;-)

What beautiful gifts !... and how clever.

And what a beautiful package, great job @YeahWeDo_YeahWeDo :)

Thank you so much! <3

• Like 4

Unbelievable!!! We're making the world a little better one mailing at a time!!

What a cool observation! We really are!! I think that is what Coldplay are all about, so no surprise that they've attracted an army of like-minded fans here.

• Like 3

I'm so glad you liked it!

Btw as you mention the bookmark: You haven't seen my fingers after finishing it [emoji14]

One of my hobbies is to fabricate silhouettes (I hope that it's the right translation) so I've got the tiny tools at home.

But most important is the fact that this little project connects people from all over the world!

And I had a lot of fun, especially with the personalized gifts :D

Thank you!

YAYYYYYY and hello, compatriot!

I can only recommend a visit, it's pretty idyllic there ;-)

Thank you so much! <3

What a neat hobby - please post other pictures of your work in the media section. Based on what you sent me, I'm sure they are masterpieces.

Btw. these gifts are so beautiful! I'm amazed how much effort you've put into creating them [emoji15]

So am I - I keep admiring them. I am truly a very, very lucky Coldplayer. It is making me think harder about how I can do something so special for my secret Santa match.

• Like 4