✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

North American Leg 2017

For those asking, the Coldplay.com codes were mailed two weeks ago. Not sure what the cutoff date to receive a code was. Each UNIQUE code allows up to 4 tickets per code. (Which is why the code can't be shared with everybody). If you don't have a Coldplay.com code at this point, I recommend you use any citi card (Both debit and credit works). good luck everyone!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a Citi card. I need 2 tickets. Would you be willing to email me your code after you purchase yours?

[email protected]

For those asking, the Coldplay.com codes were mailed two weeks ago. Not sure what the cutoff date to receive a code was. Each UNIQUE code allows up to 4 tickets per code. (Which is why the code can't be shared with everybody). If you don't have a Coldplay.com code at this point, I recommend you use any citi card (Both debit and credit works). good luck everyone!

e a

Miami dates are a bit later than the other states. Miami presale starts today for Coldplay.com mailing lists and citi card members. Signed up for Coldplay and never received anything

Oh! Didn't know that. Good luck!

Yeah I just used the Citi presale because for whatever reason Coldplay never emailed me the code.

Got 4 seats for Gillette Stadium, just 2 rows behind where I sat last year. I'm not on the floor, because they are so much harder to get a decent seat. $225 each, so I paid $1000 plus taxes and fees.

And I got 2 seats in the 4th row on the floor for Metlife Stadium. Did I mention tickets were $1000 each for those seats? Not including taxes and fees.

Altogether, those tickets cost over $3500 with taxes and fees, which is ridiculous!

These prices are absolutely crazy. I've been a huge Coldplay since 2000-01, when I was 18. I've seen them in a small theater venue, and in arenas and large amphitheaters and now they've become a stadium act. I have been right there with them, and live all their albums. I'm very proud of them, but I refuse to pay these prices. I can't wrap my head around it. I actually earn a decent living, I COULD afford it, but I choose not to. and judging from the amount of unsold seats I'm seeing on ticketmaster, I'm not alone.

• Like 3

They announced the dates way too early. It seems that every other major act has been doing the same thing with their tours, which is disgusting. Either way, I guess I'm better off buying a ticket ahead of time to be safe instead of sorry.

I'm in the crazy camp, as in I paid for floor seats in section C2 for Chicago. I started with level 200 seats, and upgraded when I could finally see the individual seats still available on the "buy from map" link and realized I could get right up against the C stage. I saw them twice in July in Chicago too. My husband said we're working just to support my Coldplay habit. [emoji12]

• Like 2

I'm in the crazy camp, as in I paid for floor seats in section C2 for Chicago. I started with level 200 seats, and upgraded when I could finally see the individual seats still available on the "buy from map" link and realized I could get right up against the C stage. I saw them twice in July in Chicago too. My husband said we're working just to support my Coldplay habit. [emoji12]

Well, that's kind of true:P

The pre-sale prices are absolutely insane!! I'm trying to get tickets for Miami, and they have the seating chart view, which is super interesting. First of all, Coldplay.com presale doesn't have any good seats (like nothing against the stage on the floor). You would think they'd give the fans up close action. And second, the VIP tickets are outrageous. You don't get to meet them, or even be against the stage and they want $850 per ticket.

I have been their biggest fan for over half my life, but to pay that much and not be as close as I'd like, and not get to meet them makes me sad. Plus they still won't release Atlanta dates, so a trip to Miami is already expensive. Arghhh :bigcry:

• Like 1

The reason why ticket prices are higher for 2017 than 2016 (my guess)

Last year (2016) was slightly lower because AHFOD was new and they were getting much more money from the album. Now that the album is nearly a year old, they aren't getting as much from the album, so they had to raise ticket prices a bit to have some form of income.

This morning I paid airfare from my home in Miami to Barcelona for $600 in February.

It is unacceptable that tickets in the first 25 rows are $850 for a music concert.

Even though i am a top earner in America, I refuse to pay over $225 for a ticket. It is inexcusable.

U2 and Bruce Springsteen's floor tickets are $80-$90.

• Like 2

I don't think it's Coldplay's fault, at least it isn't completely their responsibility. The promoters are the ones who set the prices. And I wouldn't pay that amount of money. If my purpose is to see the band I wouldn't care about the seating. I'd buy the tickets that fits my economy the best.

You are missing the point. Personally, I'm a front row junkie. To me, its in the front row, where gigs matter. Bands like U2, Bruce Springsteen, and Coldplay (INTERNATIONALLY) have the floor tickets as $80-$90 tickets, so real fans can get close. I saw Coldplay front row in Bogota-Colombia for $65. Seen U2 front row in Hawaii, Dublin, NYC and other cities for an average of $90. I could go on and on.

I shouldn't be questioning the angle of my two Coldplay seats, after spending $518.

If you don't get that, then you really are being fleeced.

I expected corporate sellouts like The Eagles (RIP Glenn Frey), The Rolling Stones and Roger Waters to give the best seats to the highest bidders. Never expected a Coldplay concert to have millionaire Miami money launderers in the front, and true fans in college/ high school like the ones I read on Twitter in the 400 level.

• Like 1

You are missing the point. Personally, I'm a front row junkie. To me, its in the front row, where gigs matter. Bands like U2, Bruce Springsteen, and Coldplay (INTERNATIONALLY) have the floor tickets as $80-$90 tickets, so real fans can get close. I saw Coldplay front row in Bogota-Colombia for $65. Seen U2 front row in Hawaii, Dublin, NYC and other cities for an average of $90. I could go on and on.

I shouldn't be questioning the angle of my two Coldplay seats, after spending $518.

I expected corporate sellouts like The Eagles (RIP Glenn Frey), The Rolling Stones and Roger Waters to give the best seats to the highest bidders. Never expected a Coldplay concert to have millionaire Miami money launderers in the front, and true fans in college/ high school like the ones I read on Twitter in the 400 level.

It depends on the perspective of each one. I wouldn't care seating on the very last part of the venue just to see the show. In the case of Coldplay, the show is meant for everyone. There are some details you can't see while being on the front rows. They have 3 stages, so even if you are on the first row you'd look at the screen because they'll be singing some songs at the back of the venue. In my opinion the ones who have the best view are the ones who are closed to the B stage. There you have the view of the whole main stage, the band perform a few songs right in front of you, the view of the fireworks, confetti and Xylobands is fully appreciated. For the ones who are at the back the screens have the best quality, 4k which allows the audience to see in a different way the whole show.

This might be a selfish thought, but the ones who can pay that amount of money they should do it because they won't regret it. The production is the best for all the little details they've payed attention to. The same way the ones who are at the back won't be felt disappointed because Coldplay care about them.

As you said, I'd do many other things with that amount of money. So, if I decide to travel abroad to see Coldplay, I'd spend my money in some other things apart from going to the show. I'd buy the tickets I'd be able to afford and enjoy the show because I've seen them closed enough to appreciate other aspects of the show. But, that's just my point of view.

i agree about the inexcusable ticket prices. and i too blame the US promoters for the model they are using (completely different from the rest of the countries). but part of the blame has to go to coldplay. as a dominant artist, they have a say here. it comes across as not caring for their true US fans, but going for the quick money.

one positive thing that should be noted is, even for the seating arranged floor seats in the US, they don't sell the first couple of rows. they go to the big fans (or seem like big fans) on the day. at least that was the case until this year. don't think it'll change next year, because they've been doing this a long time.

so even if you pay the big money, you can't get front row.

• Like 1

one positive thing that should be noted is, even for the seating arranged floor seats in the US, they don't sell the first couple of rows. they go to the big fans (or seem like big fans) on the day. at least that was the case until this year. don't think it'll change next year, because they've been doing this a long time.

so even if you pay the big money, you can't get front row.

That's right! Coldplay have said (I'm paraphrasing here) that they don't enjoy playing to the "barely" fans who can shell out the big $ for front row seats and sit there during the concert with smug looks on their faces like they're thinking, "entertain me". That's why they started holding back the first few rows and giving surprise upgrades to the most enthusiastic fans before the show starts.

I'm not going to speculate on why the tickets are so high, but it's not just Coldplay who have pricy tickets these days. Look at this article http:// http://www.egigger.com/blog/egigger/5-of-the-most-anticipated-and-expensive-concerts-in-2016. For what you get at a Coldplay concert (Xylobands and the most mind-blowing show going, at least in my opinion), I think it's way more worth it than other tours charging more than Coldplay.

Look, I'm all for paying Coldplay or any artist their due, but $850 is enough for:

- Car Down Payment

- Monthly Mortgage

- Non stop roundtrip from America to Europe

- An iPhone 7 paid in full

- 2 Nights at a Ritz Carlton / Four Seasons resort in Hawaii

WHAT IS COLDPLAY THINKING???!

I have done research on ticket prices for top bands. Coldplay does not set their prices, other people do. Such as promoters, tour managers and such.....Coldplay themselves do not decide to charge that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but I think the people who say Coldplay could do more to keep ticket prices down are correct.

I know it's the tour promoters (e.g. Live Nation) who set the prices quite highly and pocket huge parts of the profit. A small band couldn't do anything against that, yes, but the biggest touring act in the world could surely put enough pressure on LiveNation to lower the prices, and LiveNation would have to comply because losing Coldplay as an artist in their touring program would be an incredible financial loss.

So I agree with @gai there, Coldplay could do more; unfortunately, that's apparently not something they want to fight for.

$850 for the first 15 rows? OMG. Give me 6-8 Hours waiting outside the venue in the queue for a GA show with my friends and a $100 ticket any day. I paid $250 for the last Jersey show which I justified in my head and I did have row 14 on the floor I think and it was amazing, one of my fav Coldplay gigs. I know the Xylobands are expensive and the venue is expensive and the stage is expensive and the fireworks yada, yada, yada. I would just be happy with an acoustic set in a garbage dump if I could see them but I cannot do $850

• Like 1

I know the Xylobands are expensive and the venue is expensive and the stage is expensive and the fireworks yada, yada, yada. I would just be happy with an acoustic set in a garbage dump if I could see them but I cannot do $850

For what you get at a Coldplay concert (Xylobands and the most mind-blowing show going, at least in my opinion), I think it's way more worth it than other tours charging more than Coldplay.

Those arguments don't hold water.

First off, Coldplay has virtually the same stage in other countries. (Xylobands and Fireworks included). In Italy a floor ticket is €70 + € 12 in fees. In the South American show I went (Colombia) the floor ticket was the equivalent of USD $80. For that show, I camped at 7:00 am and had front row by Jonny.

The U2 360 Tour (2011) had the most expensive stage design ever built, with a show arguably more impressive than the AHFOD tour. Floor seats were $80. (Live Nation produced as well)

clawhelsinki.jpg

I can go through many more examples, like the ZooTV Tour, Bruce Springsteen's 2014 and 2016 tours, etc etc, where the shows are as good as this with tickets in the floor for under $100 in every case.

Being a fan sometimes means calling out the BS in the bands we love, and lets be real $550 for a seat in the first 25 rows and $850 for a seat in the first 15 rows is CLASS A nonsense.

• Like 3

All I can say is it's their tour and they can charge what they want and ppl will come. We do not know the inner workings of what things cost to produce a show like this especially with the Unions in the NY and NJ area which run everything at these venues. I live in the area and everything costs so much here. The parking was $30 alone.

• Like 1