✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

If people have the will of writing in a CP-based community I think it's because they think they are fans of the band. I don't know why someone should say they're not just because they don't like the recent outputs of the band. What the guys have done during the last few years doesn't erase the emotions they made us feel during the early years with their awesome music. So the ones who say that people like me aren't fans of the band anymore are wrong. I'm the only one who can say if I'm a fan or not, but I know it's difficult to accept different opinions. I'm not saying this with anger, just take my opinion for what it is.

There was a moment some years ago in which the guys were among the best bands in the world, now they're not anymore, but they're still capable of releasing music of that level. That's why I still follow them

• Like 6

If people have the will of writing in a CP-based community I think it's because they think they are fans of the band. I don't know why someone should say they're not just because they don't like the recent outputs of the band. What the guys have done during the last few years doesn't erase the emotions they made us feel during the early years with their awesome music. So the ones who say that people like me aren't fans of the band anymore are wrong. I'm the only one who can say if I'm a fan or not, but I know it's difficult to accept different opinions. I'm not saying this with anger, just take my opinion for what it is.

There was a moment some years ago in which the guys were among the best bands in the world, now they're not anymore, but they're still capable of releasing music of that level. That's why I still follow them

I see. To clarify what I said (or what i've said in the past about this topic); I meant to say that I dont think 'those fans' are fans of the band's current output.

To me, this is what a good pop-rock album is these days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=Dz5FDFYGR3Q;list=PLEWhJ8RfTY_0mLzI2901VeFjkMbHfDIWP

Or at least it is what I think. It is what I like. But 0k, it's just my taste, others may think it is not. But I would like Coldplay to release something like this or similar.

Uhmm yeah Coldplay ain't gonna sound like that... Closest they were to that was AROBTTH, and drifting further and further away from it since. I think we gotta be realistic and expect more of the same AHFOD sorta songs for this EP, and for Coldplay to never abandon their pop sound. As much as I wish they returned to more Viva-like songs, they already did Viva, and the band moves on after every era (though big picture, you can see it all becoming more and more pop album to album). The band too, has admitted countless times that they were in a great place with AHFOD so why would we expect something different right now?

• Like 1

To me, this is what a good pop-rock album is these days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=Dz5FDFYGR3Q;list=PLEWhJ8RfTY_0mLzI2901VeFjkMbHfDIWP

Or at least it is what I think. It is what I like. But 0k, it's just my taste, others may think it is not. But I would like Coldplay to release something like this or similar.

Sounds like indie rock, not pop at all. Good songs though.

But as @a2iel said, there's no way Coldplay's doing this. They're just not that type of band. Even though it would be fun.

Sounds like indie rock, not pop at all. Good songs though.

But as @a2iel said, there's no way Coldplay's doing this. They're just not that type of band. Even though it would be fun.

Yes, maybe is more indie or alternative rock, but there are also elements of pop in it. I think that's what Coldplay should add to their music. They can put a little touch of pop, but it's not necessary that they fill an album with lots of pop. It would be like adding tons of sugar to a cake just because you like sweet things. Sometimes it's better that you also add a pinch of salt, and then it would have more balance.

hmmm, just thinking now (and also trying to bring the talk back to KEP), i dont think they'd release it too close to the next gig either (Mar 31). They'd probably want to release it with enough time for fans to "get used to" the new songs. So perhaps you are right Steph, maybe late Feb, early Mar!

• Like 5

hmmm, just thinking now (and also trying to bring the talk back to KEP), i dont think they'd release it too close to the next gig either (Mar 31). They'd probably want to release it with enough time for fans to "get used to" the new songs. So perhaps you are right Steph, maybe late Feb, early Mar!

Yeah same, like they did with PM they're going to want to release a solid while before the next show, because I assume they'll have changed up the setlist a bit and stuff. Since that will probably almost definitely happen (hopefully ugh!) we might be getting an announcement in the next couple of weeks! Please Coldplay hurry tf up and announce it already!

Yes, maybe is more indie or alternative rock, but there are also elements of pop in it. I think that's what Coldplay should add to their music. They can put a little touch of pop, but it's not necessary that they fill an album with lots of pop. It would be like adding tons of sugar to a cake just because you like sweet things. Sometimes it's better that you also add a pinch of salt, and then it would have more balance.

Hm, I must need to listen to the other songs, I only listened to two, once I listen to the album enough times I'll probably hear what you're talking about much more clearly.

But I agree with your thoughts, great analogy !

Yeah same, like they did with PM they're going to want to release a solid while before the next show, because I assume they'll have changed up the setlist a bit and stuff. Since that will probably almost definitely happen (hopefully ugh!) we might be getting an announcement in the next couple of weeks! Please Coldplay hurry tf up and announce it already!

Hmm

PM EP Release: Nov 21/08

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prospekt's_March

Nov 21/08 they also had a gig in Denver as well as 16 other gigs in the previous 30 days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viva_la_Vida_Tour#Tour_dates

so actually, they didn't release it before a tour, they did it during!

I'm so fricking excited for the new EP. It's looking like Chris opened his big mouth a bit too early, similar to AHFOD. I'm looking towards a late February or early March release date!

Hmm

PM EP Release: Nov 21/08

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prospekt's_March

Nov 21/08 they also had a gig in Denver as well as 16 other gigs in the previous 30 days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viva_la_Vida_Tour#Tour_dates

so actually, they didn't release it before a tour, they did it during!

*sneaks in and whispers unsubstantiated guess from a few weeks ago* april 14th...