✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

You'd think something would be announced soon. Doesn't the tour start up again soon? Feels like forever since they let this slip.

yeah, I don't know why they decided to tell us this early...

At least it can't be long now:

Since the guys are in Israel right now, I wonder if they'll be making the announcement soon after they get back? I remember Will telling a fan that they were putting the finishing touches on it back a week or two ago. Since they're all abroad now I guess that means they've finished it?

"They" didn't decide to tell us, Chris just couldn't keep it to himself and had to spill the beans :p

i was just about to say the same thing, it wasn't really a planned move on everyone's part so much as Chris deciding in two seconds to do it and then having to live with the consequences after :joy:

and, you know... early March could be a good time to make an announcement especially if they wanted to release it on, say, April 14th :rolleyes:

and, you know... early March could be a good time to make an announcement especially if they wanted to release it on, say, April 14th :rolleyes:

You really want that date, do you ? :D

By the way do you know the page in which we guessed the release dates ?

Can't remember what date I guessed and can't seem to find that page anymore...

You really want that date, do you ? :D

By the way do you know the page in which we guessed the release dates ?

Can't remember what date I guessed and can't seem to find that page anymore...

really i want them to have released the EP already, but since that's not possible at this point i'm committed to that date :P

my brain said, maybe page 12? turns out page 21. close enough :P

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/kaleidoscope-ep.108045/page-21#post-5864399

• Like 1

The thing about Coldplay--what keeps us coming back--is how they surprise you as a fan, regardless of what you like. After MX, which I overall loved, I was pretty worried Coldplay would fall off the deep end and follow Maroon 5. But then they dropped Midnight, a dark atmospheric gorgeous song, and then Magic, a sexy indie-pop tune with great production. Then us Oldplayer's got Oceans and O. But that came with.....ASFOS.....and then Miracles, a great tune tainted with bad production.

So I didn't have a ton of hope for AHFOD, but then I really enjoyed AOAL, Birds and Up&Up....but then HFTW.....

Fast forward and we are excited and speculating on a alternative EP, but then they start off their 2017 with a Chainsmokers collab.

The point I am trying to make is Coldplay is crazy unpredictable. They followed X&Y's somewhat generic and mopey space rock with a baroque pop/shoegaze album for heaven's sake.

We have no idea what the EP will sound like, other than it will share some characteristics of AHFOD. The whole thing could be produced by Avicii, Stargate, Chainsmokers, and Timbaland for all we know. But it also might bring back Brian Eno or Jon Hopkins and feature Arcade Fire and Jack White.

No mega-band like Coldplay has ever been more divisive and unpredictable with their direction. I bet we'll be getting a KEP announcement in the coming weeks, maybe a single, riding the coattails of SJLT. Maybe one day we'll look back at 2017 as the year Coldplay fully commits to mainstream pop music with nothing dark, alternative, or brooding ever again. Or maybe it will be quite the opposite.

I think you just made clear why I, and I think many of us Coldplayers love Coldplay so much. There is no band on earth who could do things Coldplay does. And I think this is one of core aspects which has made them one of the greatest bands of the 21st century. So who knows what they'll bring on the Kaleidoscope EP? (Btw, you forgot to mention Ghost Story for the Oldplayers ;) )

• Like 2

yeah, I don't know why they decided to tell us this early...

At least it can't be long now:

"They" didn't decide to tell us, Chris just couldn't keep it to himself and had to spill the beans :p

C'mon if they (Chris) didn't tell us anything, it would've been much more boring then, because we couldn't have known what they where doing now..... At least we have something to look forward to !

I mean, we suddenly got a song out of nowhere, right? Things like this show that they are so unpredictable, which has been said so many times.

Whatever they do, they will always surprise us. Just have some faith that something just like this (K-EP;)) will be surprisingly, however it turns out to be !

• Like 1

The thing about Coldplay--what keeps us coming back--is how they surprise you as a fan, regardless of what you like. After MX, which I overall loved, I was pretty worried Coldplay would fall off the deep end and follow Maroon 5. But then they dropped Midnight, a dark atmospheric gorgeous song, and then Magic, a sexy indie-pop tune with great production. Then us Oldplayer's got Oceans and O. But that came with.....ASFOS.....and then Miracles, a great tune tainted with bad production.

So I didn't have a ton of hope for AHFOD, but then I really enjoyed AOAL, Birds and Up&Up....but then HFTW.....

Fast forward and we are excited and speculating on a alternative EP, but then they start off their 2017 with a Chainsmokers collab.

The point I am trying to make is Coldplay is crazy unpredictable. They followed X&Y's somewhat generic and mopey space rock with a baroque pop/shoegaze album for heaven's sake.

We have no idea what the EP will sound like, other than it will share some characteristics of AHFOD. The whole thing could be produced by Avicii, Stargate, Chainsmokers, and Timbaland for all we know. But it also might bring back Brian Eno or Jon Hopkins and feature Arcade Fire and Jack White.

No mega-band like Coldplay has ever been more divisive and unpredictable with their direction. I bet we'll be getting a KEP announcement in the coming weeks, maybe a single, riding the coattails of SJLT. Maybe one day we'll look back at 2017 as the year Coldplay fully commits to mainstream pop music with nothing dark, alternative, or brooding ever again. Or maybe it will be quite the opposite.

I like this a lot. Preach it, brotha.

• Like 1

Looking at the release radar for this Spring, next week or late March look like the best times to release it. If they are trying to release an EP that will actually sell, there isn't much in the pop or alternative rock category over the next month being released. You have Spoon, Father John Misty, Depeche Mode, Fleet Foxes, The Shins, and potentially Arcade Fire dropping something new this month. In pop we'll have Chainsmokers in April and Ed Sheeran soon...

It has to be released this month before their tour, imo.

Towards summer, U2 and Killers might be releasing stuff so I don't think they will drop it before their 2nd American Tour...

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/albums/release-date/coming-soon/date

Just for reference here, how long was the wait between Viva and Prospekt's March?

June 2008 - Nov 2008, so not really comparable to AHFOD and Kaleidoscope....

Off-topic, but - welcome to the forum, and from the date in your signature I see you must have been to the Boston show :)