✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

I'm not sure 100% sure but i'm pretty sure labels usually release music on Fridays or Tuesdays. Have no clue why but it's pretty consistent.

i've wondered about that a lot before. probably has something to do with optimized sales? do more people buy music on Tuesdays or Fridays than any other day of the week? but it's definitely shifted in the past few years (like everything, because of the internet :p)

update:

http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2010/09/08/129725205/why-albums-are-released-on-tuesdays

"One explanation is Billboard magazine, which publishes its charts on Wednesdays. If you release an album on a Tuesday, then you get the maximum seven days of sales counted toward your total (including a full weekend)."

but of course the article says there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer

• Like 1

Posted 14 minutes ago by Davide Rossi! Check it out!!!

[MEDIA=instagram]BQwzpiEBiEH[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQwzpiEBiEH/

It probably has nothing to do with Kaleidoscope, but the track is called Under The Wheel.

yeah i'm not convinced this has anything to with Coldplay. That definitely does not sound like something the boys write, especially not now.

• Like 2

Posted 14 minutes ago by Davide Rossi! Check it out!!!

[MEDIA=instagram]BQwzpiEBiEH[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQwzpiEBiEH/

It probably has nothing to do with Kaleidoscope, but the track is called Under The Wheel.

I'm liking the sound of whatever it is though

same, i'm diggin it no matter what it is. it has a very tv show opening theme feel :P

• Like 2

Im still willing to bet that Name and Likeness, Radio Dial, and Voldermort will be on the EP!

Name and Likeness keeps being rumored about, but I am very sure it's not a song. Name and likeness is a legal term referring to a person/group's name and "likeness", so appearance etc. For example you're not allowed to copy the name and likeness of Coldplay (i.e. pretend you are Coldplay). I am willing to bet it's not a song, just as "Multi-Angles Feature", which is an entry on the same ASCAP list, is not a song but just refers to the multi-angles camera feature on Live 2003.

And I thought Radio Dial/Waltz in B-minor was the intro to the track Kaleidoscope on AHFOD...

So apparently Coldplay are playing the last slot tomorrow at the Brits! Fingers crossed we'll get a new song. AHFOD is pretty stale now and if they played a later single from it, it would be underwhelming.

Either way, we should get some info about the ep this week I think.

• Like 6

So apparently Coldplay are playing the last slot tomorrow at the Brits! Fingers crossed we'll get a new song. AHFOD is pretty stale now and if they played a later single from it, it would be underwhelming.

Either way, we should get some info about the ep this week I think.

That would be the bomb. Imagine them playing a new song, out of nowhere. I would be just blown away. But still... I highly doubt it... But then.... what song would they play instead? AOAL doesn't need any more airtime, they already played HFTW last year, and I don't see why they would want to promote Everglow or Up&Up more. So they'll either play a new single like Fun (with Tove Lo maybe) or Army of One... or some sort of collaboration with an other artist or tribute to George Michael/David Bowie/Prince....

That would be the bomb. Imagine them playing a new song, out of nowhere. I would be just blown away. But still... I highly doubt it... But then.... what song would they play instead? AOAL doesn't need any more airtime, they already played HFTW last year, and I don't see why they would want to promote Everglow or Up&Up more. So they'll either play a new single like Fun (with Tove Lo maybe) or Army of One... or some sort of collaboration with an other artist or tribute to George Michael/David Bowie/Prince....

Yeah I can see a tribute maybe. But any other song from AHFOD would be pretty meh. Let's hope for a new song. And I agree, not highly likely. But with the low attention EPs get compared to LPs, this would be good promo too.

Regardless of what we get at the BRIT's it should be great. I don't like Fun, but it would be cool to see it performed live for the first time. Covers are always magical, and a new EP track/announcement would be mind blowing!

And yeah, the Davide Rossi track is probably solo material. I don't think Coldplay would be down with him previewing stuff like this, but he was in London a week ago. Who knows. It sounds like it could possibly be a Coldplay track--similar tone to those soundchecks at the Rose Bowl? Sounds like a cheesy movie soundtrack towards the end haha but that drum machine is very Will-esque recently.

Also "The Wheel Breaks the Butterfly" is one of the most headscratching Coldplay lyrics to me, but we know how obsessed with certain metaphors Chris can be, Under the Wheel is a possibility.

Regardless of what we get at the BRIT's it should be great. I don't like Fun, but it would be cool to see it performed live for the first time. Covers are always magical, and a new EP track/announcement would be mind blowing!

And yeah, the Davide Rossi track is probably solo material. I don't think Coldplay would be down with him previewing stuff like this, but he was in London a week ago. Who knows. It sounds like it could possibly be a Coldplay track--similar tone to those soundchecks at the Rose Bowl? Sounds like a cheesy movie soundtrack towards the end haha but that drum machine is very Will-esque recently.

Also "The Wheel Breaks the Butterfly" is one of the most headscratching Coldplay lyrics to me, but we know how obsessed with certain metaphors Chris can be, Under the Wheel is a possibility.

I love Fun. It is one my favorites from the album.

• Like 1