✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I think Church is my favourite song on the album. Sunrise and Church are kinda like MX/HLH and Coldplay openers are always stunning!

It's funny, the more I listen to the album the more I like it. I didn't like 'Church' very much when I first heard it but now it's one of my favourites

• Like 5

Oh, the source was the paywalled newspaper

"When Chris Martin greets people, he does so with gusto — leaping and bounding across the floor of the Rivoli Ballroom in southeast London like the Tigger of pop. The Coldplay singer introduces himself with a bear hug and a smile. Outside, cold morning rain lashes down, while, inside the gorgeous 1950s landmark, the biggest band in the world is shooting a lavish video for the new song Cry Cry Cry, from their just-released eighth album, Everyday Life.

“We’re good on haze,” says the video’s director, the actress Dakota Johnson, Martin’s girlfriend, who is behind the camera for the first time and controlling the smoke..."

• Like 1

I agree on church first listen I was like huh ? I couldn’t even relate it to the rest of the album but I freakin love it lol

I thought it was a bit of a weird song lyrically at first but it has grown on me a lot and since that performance in Jordan it has become one of the best songs on the album for me... even though it's obvious that Chris was lip-syncing that morning, haha.

Sunrise + Church make for a spectacular opening that's better than Don't Panic, better than MX/Hurts Like Heaven, better than Always In My Head, even better than AHFOD (the song). The y just set the mood so well.

Please!

Pleeeeeeease!

• Like 1

I thought it was a bit of a weird song lyrically at first but it has grown on me a lot and since that performance in Jordan it has become one of the best songs on the album for me... even though it's obvious that Chris was lip-syncing that morning, haha.

Sunrise + Church make for a spectacular opening that's better than Don't Panic, better than MX/Hurts Like Heaven, better than Always In My Head, even better than AHFOD (the song). The y just set the mood so well.

Pleeeeeeease!

Seems like this twitter fan account went and got it

https://twitter.com/__Dartin

• Like 1

Chris said during the concert in Jordan that the last gig of the Everyday Life era will be the one happening in London on Monday.

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Tonight's concert in Jordan was recorded and will be broadcasted in US television.

• Like 4

Tonight's concert in Jordan was recorded and will be broadcasted in US television.

thought it was just radio? tv broadcast would be better.

US is letting coldplay down big time with this release. would be great to get #2 the way it is selling so far.

• Like 1

If you notice in detail the booklet, the title of WOTW/POTP is written as follows: WOTW3/4POTP

Maybe that's Chris' way of saying that the song was 3/4 finished. :joy:

In any case, I transcribe the final version of the lyrics as sung by Chris yesterday.

In a world gone wrong

How can I be strong?

Wonder of the world, power of the people

In a world of fright

How do I get it right?

Our world tonight

Is turning right

With the strength of an eagle

Our world tonight

I see the light