✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Here's what they replied

You’re one of the lucky orders to receive an free pin with your order. However there’s a delay with the merchandise that pushes the ship date until December 6th 2019.

Let us know if you ok with this or would like us to remove the pin.

I'll probably just wait. But I stressed that I want to see the $9 shipping waived since it was delayed.

They did not reply, I think they're just fucking with me at this point. So I asked for a full refund. This is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

I got the disc (lovely package, though the spine is printed upside down in relation to the majority of books and discs in the Western world) 8 days after the album's release. I wasn't terribly concerned about the delay since I torrented a perfect flac copy 5 days BEFORE the release date.

But no pin came with the package, as had been advertised, and no explanation was offered.

I messaged them my displeasure but... <sigh>

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Remember how Chris mentioned how Everyday Life originated with the stripped down and raw "Wedding Album" from about 10 years ago?

Well, another collab between Avicii and Chris has leaked--the track is called Lethal Drug. I will not link to it nor share any leaks, but here's something I noticed. As you can see from this "best guess" at the lyrics if you haven't heard the song yet...

https://genius.com/Coldplay-lethal-drug-lyrics

Just look at this verse:

"All summer we hung round'

On the streets of our hometown

Dreamed about us getting close

Dressing in your wedding clothes"

I really think Lethal Drug is more unused material from the "Wedding Album," which makes sense because the title "Love In A Lethal Dose" (which is another lyric in this song!) was first revealed in 2009 along with titles like Arabesque, Car Kids, Spanish Rain, and Cartoon Heart.

For whatever reason Coldplay decided to give Lethal Drug to Avicii, with Chris still singing on the final version. But it's interesting to think about the song's shared origins with at least part of Everyday Life. :)

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Remember how Chris mentioned how Everyday Life originated with the stripped down and raw "Wedding Album" from about 10 years ago?

Well, another collab between Avicii and Chris has leaked--the track is called Lethal Drug. I will not link to it nor share any leaks, but here's something I noticed. As you can see from this "best guess" at the lyrics if you haven't heard the song yet...

https://genius.com/Coldplay-lethal-drug-lyrics

Just look at this verse:

"All summer we hung round'

On the streets of our hometown

Dreamed about us getting close

Dressing in your wedding clothes"

I really think Lethal Drug is more unused material from the "Wedding Album," which makes sense because the title "Love In A Lethal Dose" (which is another lyric in this song!) was first revealed in 2009 along with titles like Arabesque, Car Kids, Spanish Rain, and Cartoon Heart.

For whatever reason Coldplay decided to give Lethal Drug to Avicii, with Chris still singing on the final version. But it's interesting to think about the song's shared origins with at least part of Everyday Life. :)

Thank you ♥️

• Like 1

Very nice Everyday Life era photo...

Think that's the jazz band suits from the album cover? And it's in color!!

stolen from the band's Facebook

78471456_10162561095825253_6791307613918199808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ohc=r8lbUXth9osAQnNvvKXSII_WvVpcFCE53m_c1xI0-UlKs6DgL6p8c3c3w&_nc_ht=scontent.ftxl2-1.fna&oh=282c4be89a844987794960306967332a&oe=5E804C48

(After hours I realized I posted this on a totally wrong thread before.^^ I moved this to here now.)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I got the disc (lovely package, though the spine is printed upside down in relation to the majority of books and discs in the Western world) 8 days after the album's release. I wasn't terribly concerned about the delay since I torrented a perfect flac copy 5 days BEFORE the release date.

But no pin came with the package, as had been advertised, and no explanation was offered.

I messaged them my displeasure but... <sigh>

This happened to me as well! I received the t-shirt and vinyl on separate days, and neither came with the pin

• Like 1

I did that exact same thing for the same reason (except I don't live in the UK, but wishful thinking)!! Yet I haven't received mine...but apparently it's in the mail as of early this morning.

I emailed Warner expressing my deep disappointment in not having it by release day. They got back to me on Sunday saying that they have been switching warehouses so all of their shipments were super behind. They refunded my shipping cost and told me it'd be in the mail this week. Now, it looks like it's on the way...but the badge that's supposed to come with it is delayed. Hmm.

Have you checked your order status lately? If mine shipped, surely yours is on the way soon too. :confused:

Good advice!

I have emailed them as well, and got an email today that my shipping costs will be refunded as well.

Although I'm a little bit worried now about the pin, because the exclusive version with pin is the only reason I pre-ordered it at all.

• Like 1

Good advice!

I have emailed them as well, and got an email today that my shipping costs will be refunded as well.

Although I'm a little bit worried now about the pin, because the exclusive version with pin is the only reason I pre-ordered it at all.

I asked for my whole ordered to be canceled a few days ago, and they just told me moments ago that it'll be so. What a shitty experience, very disappointing. Definitely not worth their pin IMO.

• Like 2

Good advice!

Glad you got your shipping costs refunded. And I hope you still get your CD, and pin.

About a week and a half after emailing them, I did receive my CD. It's now six days after that, and I got notification that my pin just shipped.

Here's to hoping that you get everything you ordered, too!!

I live in the Midwest region of the USA, and my CD shipped from Tennessee. If you aren't in the USA yours might be coming from another warehouse? I'm not sure.

I'm so confused about the part where the interviewer goes on about how 8 albums in 19 years isn't productive? What? That's an album every 2.5 years how in the world is that unproductive?

I feel like this interview could have been so much more.

• Like 5

I'm so confused about the part where the interviewer goes on about how 8 albums in 19 years isn't productive? What? That's an album every 2.5 years how in the world is that unproductive?

I made a comment about the interviewer and then took it away, but I had a similar weird vibe about that interview; this guy is the founder of The Rolling Stone afterall. There were some better parts on the back half, but yeah, it started strangely particularly the part you mentioned.

I mean, how is it fair to compare Coldplay to the best individual bits of everyone else? Oh, Coldplay isnt as hardworking as Bruce, they dont dance as well as Beyonce, not as big as U2. What a joke. You can't be the best at absolutely everything, but you can do the best that you can, and thats what Coldplay is about!

• Like 7

I also think that was a strange statement. The interviewer doesn't seem to know much about album making.

And I agree that it could have been so much more because Chris was really into talking. The interviewer asked Chris questions that have so often been asked. He seemed to have listened to the new album only superficially. That's why he didn't ask any interesting questions about it. I would have liked to know something about the development of the album, the dynamics within the band, which of the band members added what to the songs etc. etc.

At the end there was one interesting sentence, though. Chris said that they still wanted to reach as many people as wanted to be reached by making records and traveling around. So they may go on tour again, but then of course Chris will have to prove that it can be done eco-friendly, which will be difficult.

• Like 3

Well, judging by their latest social media post, that's its for the Everyday Life era.

Onwards to LP9!

Not if the supposed LA shows happen. Plus, they're performing on the Graham Norton Show on December 13th.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000c6n0

And it looks like another music video will be shot in Ukraine, presumably for Trouble In Town:

Looks like we are getting music videos for at least most of the songs. That's one way to compensate for a short era.

[MEDIA=twitter]1200890490201223168[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/I_Ran_Away/status/1200890490201223168?s=19

So we're not quite done yet. Not that this isn't still shaping up to be quite a short era!

• Like 3

Yeah I found the interview interesting as well. Felt like the interviewer was a friend and maybe why Chris was comfortable with being that open. We hardly got any deflective jokes we always get. That said, the interview could have been more structured and more in depth. Could have been a lot better. But happy to get this insight.

• Like 9

Got so much out of that interview .. I never knew anything in that context about Chris growing up .. you can tell he’s always been a different more in depth thinker .. so proud of the place he got to . Religion and life can be really trying on youth .. now when I think of the message that’s sent through Coldplay there couldn’t be a better more non judgmental message to send .. they have a perfect middle ground . I just genuinely love that I’m in the same time as them ! And they have really come into their own I think perhaps just realizing we only get a short time on this earth so share what you believe and love on people even more :) so special

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

Glad you got your shipping costs refunded. And I hope you still get your CD, and pin.

About a week and a half after emailing them, I did receive my CD. It's now six days after that, and I got notification that my pin just shipped.

Here's to hoping that you get everything you ordered, too!!

I live in the Midwest region of the USA, and my CD shipped from Tennessee. If you aren't in the USA yours might be coming from another warehouse? I'm not sure.

There must have been something in the universe, haha. I received my vinyl today :)

• Like 1

I just picked up my copy today. I feel bad because people here are trying to do the right thing- give Coldplay as much of the pie as possible. But between the shipping costs and all the delays I thought I was better served picking it up at a store.

Why not send an email out proactively instead of having everyone twiddle their thumbs until 2020 though?