✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Same. Mine still says "processing." I ordered directly from the Coldplay website because I was absolutely sure it's be to me by release day. I too am very unhappy, I've been looking forward to release day for so long now and still have to wait :mad:

On the bright side, I can still listen to the songs on YouTube, and the performances from Jordan while I'm waiting!! :heart_eyes:

Thank you - thought it was just me for a while I am glad I am not alone. Like you I expected it to be here on release day, I ordered the day it was announced and they took my money straight away. So Warner Music needs to sort itself out, we never had this issue with Live Nation. And it is not as though they have not had enough time to sort all this out. I wonder why they changed from Live Nation anyway.

• Like 3

For people who haven't read it yet, they plan to release their unreleased songs at some point in the (long) future!

This is by Jonathan Dean who recently interviewed Coldplay and he shared some bonus quotes that didn't make it in the interview.

EJ_MNecW4AQw4YZ.thumb.jpg.9514e665fc825912ebbc120b58bcaece.jpg

• Like 12
  • Wow 3

I got the CD today and I found something really interesting.

The album is officially out already, but I'll mark it as a spoiler anyway.

Those of you who heard the leak know that the interlude between Sunrise and Sunset was split into 6 tracks with generic names (Sunrise/Sunset Interlude #1-6 or something like that). On the official CD it's split up into 8 tracks instead. But even more interesting is that when I put the disc into my computer, I found that each have names: G, O, D, =, L, O, V, and E. All put together it makes the message GOD = LOVE.

Here's a screenshot:

75814205_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.047f3b40eba8e3189665dc29d48b44ae.png

• Like 6
  • Wow 8

I got the CD today and I found something really interesting.

The album is officially out already, but I'll mark it as a spoiler anyway.

Those of you who heard the leak know that the interlude between Sunrise and Sunset was split into 6 tracks with generic names (Sunrise/Sunset Interlude #1-6 or something like that). On the official CD it's split up into 8 tracks instead. But even more interesting is that when I put the disc into my computer, I found that each have names: G, O, D, =, L, O, V, and E. All put together it makes the message GOD = LOVE.

Here's a screenshot:

[ATTACH=full]9761[/ATTACH]

Does that mean that Coldplay technically has three songs called "O" now?

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 2

Just got back from a very long day at work, I was finally able to do something I've never done in years: chill in a state of bittersweet armony with the world, with Coldplay music playing in the background.

Jon, Guy, Chris, Will, if you're reading these words: many thanks from a old-school fan, I've been waiting for something like this for such a long time.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

I waited until watching last night and then getting the full album before I listened. I've only had a chance to listen to Sunrise twice (once live, once on the album) and about half of Sunset on the album, and all of it from the live performance.

I must say I am blown away. I love this album. Which is interesting for me because I did NOT like Ghost Stories when I heard it first, but then once I listened to. it many times, and watched the Zane Lowe interview, and then listened again, it became one of my favorites. But this is in my top 3-4 on a first listen. Now, maybe if I hadn't heard all the singles to now, it would have been underwhelming at first. And I think listening to Sunrise live...while they were in Jordan...watching the sunrise just etched it in my brain beautifully as well. But...just wow. Some people have complained about a lack of cohesiveness...I think of it as an exploration of themes. And I love the jazz, Arabic, gospel, and African influences throughout. I love how both chill and thought provoking a lot of it is. I love the faster bits too. I love this album.

Standouts for me right now:

• Sunrise-- gorgeous, sumptuous intro
  • Church, and am surprised it is so controversial. I will say that I had a bit of flashback of Hozier's Take me to Church when I was listening to it. Also Sting's Desert Rose. But I love both of those songs, so this makes sense that I love this one. But I guess I like the idea of someone loving so much it's akin to worship or a place of healing so that works for me.
  • Trouble in Town - I love the beat, the guitar, the bass...and so thought provoking and heart breaking
  • Daddy - Puddle of tears, makes me think both of how much time am I spending with my own kids, and also how I almost lost my own father to illness a few years ago and if this would've been out then it would have destroyed me completely
  • Arabesque - goes without saying - them horns! That explosion at the end! YES!
  • Guns - so sarcastic and bewildered - I get it, I am there
  • Old Friends - only heard it once, but totally enjoyed it...needs more listens
  • Champion of the World - love the guitar riff, it makes me so wistful...I know what it's like to be the dorky kid who gets bullied, but does his/her best to stay optimistic. Sort of made me think of a Shel Silverstein poem.
  • Everyday Life - so simple but so beautiful. Reminds you to just be grateful of the simple things.

I think I may finally break down and get a record player so I can order the vinyl, starting my path to a future collector hobby.

• Like 8

I had only properly listened to the leak once and listening again now that it's out...... I haven't liked a Coldplay album this much since MX, maybe even Viva. (I think I liked MX this much when it came out, but I don't remember tbh). The past 5 years Coldplay released only like 5 songs I really like and here I am struggling to decide which songs on Everyday Life I like the most, feels kinda weird. I still find myself skipping Church, and When I Need A Friend... well I guess it's good for what it is, but it makes me feel as if I'm in a church, which my atheist ass doesn't like lol. But the Sunset half of the album is so strong, fuck me.

Here's my ranking at the moment:

Champion Of The World

Trouble In Town

Arabesque

Guns

Eko

Orphans

Cry Cry Cry

بنی آدم

Sunrise

Old Friends

Daddy

Everyday Life

WOTW/POTP

BrokEn

When I Need A Friend

Church

Trouble In Town and/or Arabesque might overtake COTW, they're really close atm. It's too early to say but they might me among my favourite Coldplay songs ever :no_mouth:

• Like 7

Now that most of you have heard all of the album let's have fun and make an alternate tracklist

Here's mine:

Sunrise

1. Sunrise

2 Flags

3. Trouble in Town

4. Daddy

5. Arabesque

6. When I Need A Friend

Sunset

1. Guns

2. Eko

3. Old Friends

4. Bani Adam

5. Champion of the World

6. Everyday Life

I took out Church Broken Orphans WOTW and CCC

The album flows better this way

• Like 3

Now that most of you have heard all of the album let's have fun and make an alternate tracklist

Here's mine:

Sunrise:

Sunrise

Church

Trouble In Town

Daddy

Guns

Arabesque

Orphans

When I Need a Friend

Sunset:

Eko

Cry Cry Cry

Flags

Old Friends

Life Is Beautiful

Bani Adam

Champion of the World

Everyday Life

• Wow 1

After a week of listening and now this live event Which I think made all the songs even better , some of you may think I’m crazy but I think this is my favourite Coldplay album yet .. something feels different and right .. there’s a connectIon within that band that’s coming through really strongly for me . I also love that this album isn’t just lyrically like your Ok everything is fine , it’s recognizing that life is hard , It’s hard to just come from a genuine place of love for everyone but we can try I guess . there’s a lot of solid emotions imo , anger , strength , loss , peace , triumph, sad .. I think this was an A+ for me !

My top favorites right now are

Trouble in town

Arabesque

Old friends

When I need a friend

Champion of the world

This! The album is so human, raw and honest. Ive been listening for a while since the leak too. The live performance uplifts everything. I must say especially ‘When I Need A Friend’ really came to life in Jordan. Love chris singing solo in the live version. Literally couldn’t be happier with this album. Im glad it is not hit single focussed. It is a beautiful wholesome masterpiece. Coldplay you smashed it. I shouldnt rank but right now it’s my favorite Coldplay album. Adds the best from every previous one and some more.

• Like 3

So ... what can i say about this album that hasn't been already said ?

I don't want to think about ranking it or comparing it with other records because the identity of Everyday Life tells you not to do it. Watching Sunrise this morning, alone in my student bedroom, reminded me why i love this band.

This band came to me 8 years ago with the joy of Mylo Xyloto which helped me and still help me to keep smiling in the darkest moments.

The same year, i bought a keyboard to play their songs and from that moment, i began to compose my own songs. Everyday Life reminded me WHY i should thank them : they demystified an art which seemed to complex and inaccessible to me. They allowed me to think that one day, i could compose to. That everybody can. Not because their music is easy ... but because it is beautifully simple. Everything is in chords progression, everything is in how you want to express something and how sincere you are with your art. Coldplay made me understand that and even if their music can be complex too ( Arabesque, Trouble in Town ), it is just an evolution of a simple and pure form of art, the one from The Blue Room EP and from Parachutes. Man, they're so great ...

• Like 11

First of, the last album was dreadful. It made me realise we’d never truly get the old Coldplay back we all fell in love with. But this album really ain’t bad you know? I like it, it’s good. It doesn’t reach the levels of old Coldplay but I’m really pleased with it, enjoying it. Best songs: Orphans, Church (this is Chris in his element, singing about fancying girls, that’s when he pulls the special stuff out), Daddy (hated the snippet they released, thought it was cringe, I was very wrong), Eko, Trouble In Town, Old Friends (hello Parachutes) and finally Champion Of The World (encapsulates the full band performance I love, great tune). Don’t like BrokEn at all. But considering I didn’t like loads of AHFOD (first time disliking Coldplay songs), that’s alright, we’re back on track. That’s my review.

• Like 8

After a lot of full replays already, I am totally sure this is my favourite album ever. Not exaggerating. It has something really special, but I can't tell or transcribe into words. And unlike every previous record, I like *every* single song

• Like 7

lmao the clean version of Trouble In Town is such a mess with all the muted fuckings

and clean Guns sounds like Chris isn't sure what he wants to say when he sings "everything's gone- .............. craaaazy"

Yes it is.. and I bought Trouble in town thinking I would get the song without the sample.

But I prefer it with the full sample, because this just sounds really weird.. :confused:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes it is.. and I bought Trouble in town thinking I would get the song without the sample.

But I prefer it with the full sample, because this just sounds really weird.. :confused:

The lyric video for Trouble In Town on youtube is without the sample and I think it's much better. Or did you mean something else?

So, I have created an mp3 version of the album while removing any voice memos (on Trouble In Town, When I Need A Friend, Boni Adam) also replaced the album version of the WOTW/POTP with the live version of the song. I think it sounds better this way.

Did you edit those out yourself? How's the quality?

• Like 1

The negative backlash from people, even fans, over Coldplay's decision not to tour until they work out a more sustainable approach is surprising to me. From haters, like Fox News who just wants the planet to go down in a fiery ball of destruction anyway and gives no Fs, I was not surprised. But for angry fans....I totally understand disappointment but some of the vitriol I am seeing from so called fans is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 3

The negative backlash from people, even fans, over Coldplay's decision not to tour until they work out a more sustainable approach is surprising to me. From haters, like Fox News who just wants the planet to go down in a fiery ball of destruction anyway and gives no Fs, I was not surprised. But for angry fans....I totally understand disappointment but some of the vitriol I am seeing from so called fans is absolutely ridiculous.

Hmmm I haven't seen an angry fan yet about their decision? Maybe because I'm not really active on the more hostile platforms like Facebook haha.

• Like 3

I've ripped off the lyric video from YouTube last night. It's in the same audio quality as the album, only with no sample. You can DM me if you want it.

• Like 1