✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

So Chris has a different relationship to this album than the others, like GS. It almost sounds like he wants to protect it and keep it as something to discover for the real fans. Away from the mainstream, at least in Coldplay's perspective. And doesn't look like this is subject matter that he wants to linger on, which you do if you tour. Unlike AHFOD. I remember him saying that era was so much fun and they wanted to stay in it a couple of years.

So why are we getting such a short era for such an awesome album? I'd say because of the band's personal and sort of treasured relationship to the album.

And Chris really didn't want to talk about guns!

• Like 7

Btw I don't think Coldplay rigged the poll. Why would they do that ? Viva is a very popular (and great) song, it's perfectly understandable that it won.

Well I just think it's a little unfair they threw a really obscure song in there, when they obviously knew which one was gonna win for the start (they brought the bells and everything for Viva). It's like they're trolling the fanbase who realizes there's already countless live versions of Viva, and there'll be countless more, so as great of a song as it is it shouldn't be a "what's your favorite song" poll, it should be "which would you like to see played", although I guess most people don't know that song so they just automatically vote Viva, and while I like Viva more I would definitely choose the song that rarely ever gets played live, and to actually witness it LIVE would be something else.

VLV was my other choice so I'm glad it won. And I think it fits the best with this current era.

There are more fitting songs in Coldplay's discography for the era, but out of the choices in the poll, it is fair to say Viva was the most fitting.

so nice to see a nod to one of the best songwriters the UK has produced.

From one of the best songwriters the UK has ever produced.

:D

Did you notice it?! Page 22 of the booklet[ATTACH=full]9738[/ATTACH]

The thing that caught my eye first was "divine inspiration from Jon Hopkins" :joy: :joy: freaking awesome I'm glad they still look up to him

But am i the only one who thought the “we’ll do both” is such a throw away line that I don’t think Chris was serious? Haha.

Eh, maybe. I'd have to watch the Q&A to know what you're talking about but they don't seem to believe in following these rules strictly so they'll probably play both for all the fans in the comment section :joy:

BTW, for a really long time the album had another title. It changed when the song Everyday Life emerged.

Would be interesting to find what that other title was.

(Perhaps Music of the Spheres?)

Oh damn, anybody know what the original album title was yet?

I remember Music of the Spheres somewhere but I can't put my finger on it..... anybody guide me?

• Like 2

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE PLAYING SPARKS TOO! :O

Or I guess I can, because there was a million comments asking for it......

But damn now we get the best of both worlds! A great song live, and another great song, a really rare song live!

Geez I still can hardly believe they're playing both IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE THEY PLAYED SPARKS :O

• Like 3

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE PLAYING SPARKS TOO! :O

Or I guess I can, because there was a million comments asking for it......

But damn now we get the best of both worlds! A great song live, and another great song, a really rare song live!

Geez I still can hardly believe they're playing both IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE THEY PLAYED SPARKS :O

Am i missing something, did they play sparks during the sunrise event?

• Like 1

lmao the clean version of Trouble In Town is such a mess with all the muted fuckings

and clean Guns sounds like Chris isn't sure what he wants to say when he sings "everything's gone- .............. craaaazy"

Lol is the clean version of guns uploaded on YouTube? I see only the explicit one

I posted this elsewhere, but here are my first impressions.

I avoided leaks like the plague in hopes I could walk into this evening like it was Christmas Eve. I was petrified I would unintentionally overhype the album, yet here I am with my jaw on the floor. Words escape me in trying to articulate just how remarkable this album is. Whereas I found issues to nitpick quietly with every album post-Viva, this one has me appreciating every aspect of the album.

As so many of you said had said when the album leaked, there truly isn’t a bad song on the album. There are a few I have yet to fully connect with, but they aren’t bad in the slightest. This is the album Coldplay has been capable of for years, and now that we have it, I’m nothing short of stunned. I understand how polarizing it may be to some, but that’s why I love it. It’s raw, messy and genuine.

Favorite tracks so far, in no particular order: Trouble in Town, Éko, Champion of the World, Guns, Church, Arabesque, Cry Cry Cry.

I feel very comfortable placing this in my top three Coldplay albums. The album is everything I wanted it to be and more.

• Like 7
  • Angry 1

I posted this elsewhere, but here are my first impressions.

I avoided leaks like the plague in hopes I could walk into this evening like it was Christmas Eve. I was petrified I would unintentionally overhype the album, yet here I am with my jaw on the floor. Words escape me in trying to articulate just how remarkable this album is. Whereas I found issues to nitpick quietly with every album post-Viva, this one has me appreciating every aspect of the album.

As so many of you said had said when the album leaked, there truly isn’t a bad song on the album. There are a few I have yet to fully connect with, but they aren’t bad in the slightest. This is the album Coldplay has been capable of for years, and now that we have it, I’m nothing short of stunned. I understand how polarizing it may be to some, but that’s why I love it. It’s raw, messy and genuine.

Favorite tracks so far, in no particular order: Trouble in Town, Éko, Champion of the World, Guns, Church, Arabesque, Cry Cry Cry.

I feel very comfortable placing this in my top three Coldplay albums. The album is everything I wanted it to be and more.

Cheers to that. Agreedddddd!!

Just watched the Track-By-Track video.

I was wondering what that little piece of (different) music in the intro of 'Arabesque' was and Guy said it's a snippet of an earlier version

of the same song! Also he said that the album had a different title for a long time until the song 'Everyday Life' came along.

Would like to know what the old album name was.

• Like 1

After a week of listening and now this live event Which I think made all the songs even better , some of you may think I’m crazy but I think this is my favourite Coldplay album yet .. something feels different and right .. there’s a connectIon within that band that’s coming through really strongly for me . I also love that this album isn’t just lyrically like your Ok everything is fine , it’s recognizing that life is hard , It’s hard to just come from a genuine place of love for everyone but we can try I guess . there’s a lot of solid emotions imo , anger , strength , loss , peace , triumph, sad .. I think this was an A+ for me !

My top favorites right now are

Trouble in town

Arabesque

Old friends

When I need a friend

Champion of the world

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

So I ordered the complete package CD/vinyl/cassette and they throw in the tee shirt. I was surprised when I got home to find that my order had not arrived and on checking the website for my order status (fully expecting to see that it has been dispatched) find that it is still showing as 'packing'. Has anyone else experienced this? To say I am beyond unhappy is a slight understatement! :mad:

• Angry 1

So I ordered the complete package CD/vinyl/cassette and they throw in the tee shirt. I was surprised when I got home to find that my order had not arrived and on checking the website for my order status (fully expecting to see that it has been dispatched) find that it is still showing as 'packing'. Has anyone else experienced this? To say I am beyond unhappy is a slight understatement! :mad:

Same. Mine still says "processing." I ordered directly from the Coldplay website because I was absolutely sure it's be to me by release day. I too am very unhappy, I've been looking forward to release day for so long now and still have to wait :mad:

On the bright side, I can still listen to the songs on YouTube, and the performances from Jordan while I'm waiting!! :heart_eyes:

• Angry 1