✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Now that we all legitimately have the album and have heard it multiple times im sure, rando question for yall.

So, every era, I would try and use a snippet of a song to have as my ringtone:

LP4 - Solo on Lost!

LP5 - Solo on Major Minus

LP6 - Dont recall

LP7 - Adventure of a Lifetime

So for Everyday Life, what do you think is a ~30 second snippet that would make a good ringtone? So far, I REALLY like the instrumental part of Trouble in Town.

• Like 1

Now that we all legitimately have the album and have heard it multiple times im sure, rando question for yall.

LP4 - Solo on Lost!

LP6 - Dont recall

So for Everyday Life, what do you think is a ~30 second snippet that would make a good ringtone? So far, I REALLY like the instrumental part of Trouble in Town.

I haven’t gotten the chance to change my ringtone from LiT cause nothing has ever come close!

I was wondering the same thing too and I think so far COTW (that guitar!) is a possibility. Never thought about Trouble in Town though. Hmmm.

LP4 - Solo on Lost!

LP6 - Dont recall

Suggestions: some silly, some serious :)

-The last 15 seconds of Sunrise, as appeared in the first preview of the album.

-The police brutality snippet on TiT...won't your colleagues just love hearing "WHAT'S THE X STAND FOR..FUCK.."

-The last few notes of Daddy where the piano and xylophone play the same ascending melody

-Horns from Arabesque

-The intro to Eko (those guitars!)

-The autotuned voice of "cry cry cryyyyy" over and over again

-The intro to Orphans

Speaking of ringtones, this is one of my favourite videos of all time - pay attention to the first few seconds:

• Haha 2

LP4 - Solo on Lost!

LP6 - Dont recall

I think I'd do part of Sunrise. Or perhaps that solo from Arabesque that might turn more than a few heads in public. Perhaps the intro to Eko or the chorus of Orphans?

-The police brutality snippet on TiT...won't your colleagues just love hearing "WHAT'S THE X STAND FOR..FUCK.."

-The last few notes of Daddy where the piano and xylophone play the same ascending melody

-Horns from Arabesque

-The intro to Orphans

Speaking of ringtones, this is one of my favourite videos of all time - pay attention to the first few seconds:

I had never seen this video until now, and I do not regret watching it. Not one bit. :joy:

• Like 2

-Horns from Arabesque

-The intro to Orphans

Oh the horns from Arabesque is a good idea.

• Like 2

I've sent information via contact form at Coldplay.com a few days ago, but no answer. Moreover, the status of my order is: Closed, and ship status is: Not shipped. What does it mean? Is it the same for you?

The status on my orders is 'packing' and 'processing' with a note to say 'merch will dispatch 13 Dec'. I am wondering why therefore they cannot send me my CD/viny/cassette now. But I guess that will involve additional postage which they will not want to incur. Like you I emailed asking for an update last week and I have yet to have a reply. Someone at Coldplay HQ needs to get a grip on this change of provider and their appalling customer service. I went out and purchased a CD from my local supermarket because I wanted to hear the album. I am so not impressed. :mad:

• Sad 1

Here's what they replied

You’re one of the lucky orders to receive an free pin with your order. However there’s a delay with the merchandise that pushes the ship date until December 6th 2019.

Let us know if you ok with this or would like us to remove the pin.

I'll probably just wait. But I stressed that I want to see the $9 shipping waived since it was delayed.

• Like 2

I just used Japan VPN and get access to listen Coldplay's Official version that they shared on Youtube.

Thanks for the advice.

I already managed to find a good quality version of it elsewhere though!

That's interesting. I wonder if "Wedding Bells" has a studio version. I guess they kind of recycled that one (Christmas Lights) but I would think they were far into the recording sessions if they had multiple songs to go in that project. Unfortunately, we may never find out.

Or we might, if that snippet they said about them releasing all their unreleased material some point in the future turns out to be true :D

Which reminds me... @cp3176, I'm seriously thinking our little theory about Eko/Aiko might just be correct. This "Wedding Album" partially evolved into MX and partially evolved into Everyday Life, which retains more of that rawness.

I'm highly confident Eko and Aiko are the same song.

But you're also probably right about The Wedding Album being split into those 2 albums as well.

When I was reading @the_escapist's post on this it sounded like The Wedding Album was only being worked on as the 8th LP, and heck maybe it was and included some Mylo era songs, which were reused again for Everyday Life. That being said they mentioned that it was a very raw sounding album, which would imply that it might have been the first album they were working on for the Mylo era which was really stripped back and acoustic, before they had a change of plans.

I guess I might need to watch that interview for more information on when exactly The Wedding Album was being worked on, do you need any sort of subscription to Apple Music or something to hear it though? Cause I don't do Apple Music :joy:

I think that is the case, because there's some evidence that both Wedding Bells and Christmas Lights existed as separate songs at the same time. Maybe they were supposed to compliment one another?

Autotune intro of Cry Cry Cry sounds most like a ringtone to me :joy: :joy: :joy:

You could also try the intro/chorus of Orphans.

Or loop the intro of Eko.

I went out and purchased a CD from my local supermarket because I wanted to hear the album. I am so not impressed.

Not impressed with the customer service or not impressed with the album?

Or both? :joy:

Also, you do realize they have all the lyric videos to listen for free on YT? If you wanted to just listen to it?

Such a disappointing album. After Orphans and Arabesque I expected big things.

Really disappointed.

Womp womp. What were you expecting?

However there’s a delay with the merchandise that pushes the ship date until December 6th 2019.

SHIPPING on Dec 6th?!!?! That means it'll take even longer to actually arrive.

This is some atrocious ordeal. Definitely worth it at the end though to get all that.

I definitely hope they waive your shipping because that's just crazy.

• Like 3

But you're also probably right about The Wedding Album being split into those 2 albums as well.

When I was reading @the_escapist's post on this it sounded like The Wedding Album was only being worked on as the 8th LP, and heck maybe it was and included some Mylo era songs, which were reused again for Everyday Life. That being said they mentioned that it was a very raw sounding album, which would imply that it might have been the first album they were working on for the Mylo era which was really stripped back and acoustic, before they had a change of plans.

I guess I might need to watch that interview for more information on when exactly The Wedding Album was being worked on, do you need any sort of subscription to Apple Music or something to hear it though? Cause I don't do Apple Music :joy:

Eko has that "such a beautiful bride" line at the very end too... yeah, it has to come from that era, if they do another Q&A thing in this era like they did before Jordan, then I'm straight up asking about it to see if they'd confirm it. :joy:

As for that interview... it's included at the end of @jc90 's amazing recording of the iHeartRadio broadcast. Chris starts talking about the Wedding Album around the 47:10 mark:

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplay-live-in-amman-november-23-2019-iheartradio-album-release-party.126162/#post-5957603

• Like 3

So that must have been the original album from the Mylo era, as he said it was being created around ten years ago. Interesting to know its title!

And that "such a beautiful bride" line would definitely fit in very well with the album, it would have to be from those original Mylo sessions after all, when it was first named Aiko......

And now obviously maybe some of that album entered the content from the Mylo era, but here we also see some of it making its way into Everyday Life, as he also acknowledges that as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice.

Or we might, if that snippet they said about them releasing all their unreleased material some point in the future turns out to be true :D

Autotune intro of Cry Cry Cry sounds most like a ringtone to me :joy: :joy: :joy:

Also, you do realize they have all the lyric videos to listen for free on YT? If you wanted to just listen to it?

This is some atrocious ordeal. Definitely worth it at the end though to get all that.

I just LOVE the album, it is the merchandise provider that has got me wound up

• Like 1

Heads up on events today:

7pm - Jo Wiley's radio 2 live session

8pm - radio x Chris interview

[MEDIA=twitter]1200072353037922306[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/RadioX/status/1200072353037922306?s=19

9pm - absolute radio Chris interview + highlights from the natural history museum show

[MEDIA=twitter]1200069252411273218[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/absoluteradio/status/1200069252411273218?s=19

Happy end of album release week everybody :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the advice.

More of the same as Orphans and Arabesque really.. I understand that they are experimenting with new ideas but no... not for me

i reckon i'll post a review at some point in the near future, but as a whole, LP8 was a bit of an odd one.

FAVS: Arabesque, Church, Trouble In Town, Daddy, title track, Sunrise, Bani Adam, Orphans (without the woo-woos)

LEAST: WOTW/POTP, BrokEn (not really my cup of tea, but it's cool that they did something like this), Éko

to me, this album's biggest problem is that half of the tracks feel too short, and some of the production is a bit wank

(though, to be fair to them, it's a miles times better than AHFOD)

• Like 3