✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

If you compare this with the original one, the quality is terrible. Song is more beautiful than this. In this one Chris is so dark. Original is more colorful and joyful.

Because that is not the official audio, is the recorded one someone made it available for us to hear it when there was no sign of the song yet

So I ordered the complete package CD/vinyl/cassette and they throw in the tee shirt. I was surprised when I got home to find that my order had not arrived and on checking the website for my order status (fully expecting to see that it has been dispatched) find that it is still showing as 'packing'. Has anyone else experienced this? To say I am beyond unhappy is a slight understatement! :mad:

Same for me!

That was you? Cool! Nice collection!

Hey, what's the X&Y era disc you have there on the left? Is that a 12'' single of 'Talk'?

It's the remixes vinyl for Talk, It has 3 songs... A really nice disk tbh. And actually I have a big collection of discs too!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The negative backlash from people, even fans, over Coldplay's decision not to tour until they work out a more sustainable approach is surprising to me. From haters, like Fox News who just wants the planet to go down in a fiery ball of destruction anyway and gives no Fs, I was not surprised. But for angry fans....I totally understand disappointment but some of the vitriol I am seeing from so called fans is absolutely ridiculous.

From fans? Huh. I haven’t seen anything from fans. Just idiots who dislike the band so much they still find the trouble of commenting. :expressionless:

I respect their decision for not touring. They just came off a huge tour and they deserve a break. They are getting older and I’ve accepted the fact that they might tour as extensively as they would do. And good on them for looking into environmentally touring. All bands should follow suit.

I’m just happy I’m still getting new music from them.

• Like 3

So, I listened to the album in full last night as soon as I got home. Weirdly, though I liked it, it didn't immediately "hit" me. Some songs I loved immediately (When I Need a Friend had my jaw on the floor and I had the biggest tearful grin on my face while listening to Champion of the World), but others I was just so thrown by because they were so different from what I had come to expect from Coldplay.

I went to bed, got up this morning and put the album on again while I caught up on NaNoWriMo. And I found that, all at once, I was loving every bit of it.

. . . It's been on repeat since then. I'm on my third listen this morning.

All I can say now is "Wow." The guys really pulled off something special with Everyday Life. I'm still very much in the honeymoon phase, so I don't know where it will ultimately rank for me against their other albums, but it's definitely going to be in the top half. Their last few albums I have found to be a little "unbalanced" in that I had a strong preference for either the first or back half (for instance, if I'm going to listen to a Ghost Stories song, 90% of the time it's one of the songs from the back half of the album). Everyday Life is much more like their earlier work in that I'm feeling drawn to both halves.

First impression ranking: 7/10

Morning after ranking: 8.5/10

Highlights: Trouble in Town, Daddy, Arabesque, When I Need a Friend, Champion of the World, Everyday Life

• Like 5

The negative backlash from people, even fans, over Coldplay's decision not to tour until they work out a more sustainable approach is surprising to me. From haters, like Fox News who just wants the planet to go down in a fiery ball of destruction anyway and gives no Fs, I was not surprised. But for angry fans....I totally understand disappointment but some of the vitriol I am seeing from so called fans is absolutely ridiculous.

Havent seen it myself either, but Id shocked thats the case. One of the usual rebuttals I hear in situations like this, when stars take their private jets to a Live Aid concert is, if they really cared about the environment they wouldnt do that. Coldplay is putting their money where their mouth is and ACTUALLY following through. Maybe one of the first times in history or at least this high profile. I know Chris recently talked about Greta, maybe he took some inspiration after, IIRC, she took a more environmentally friendly option to make it to her events.

Im selfishly disappointed I wont see them live this era, but damn proud of the band for truly standing up for what they believe in and not just spewing empty words.

• Like 8

So, I have created an mp3 version of the album while removing any voice memos (on Trouble In Town, When I Need A Friend, Boni Adam), added Flags and also replaced the album version of the WOTW/POTP with the live version of the song. I think it sounds better this way.

I would totally listen to that!!

For people who haven't read it yet, they plan to release their unreleased songs at some point in the (long) future!

This is by Jonathan Dean who recently interviewed Coldplay and he shared some bonus quotes that didn't make it in the interview.

YAY! That's the best news!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Havent seen it myself either, but Id shocked thats the case. One of the usual rebuttals I hear in situations like this, when stars take their private jets to a Live Aid concert is, if they really cared about the environment they wouldnt do that. Coldplay is putting their money where their mouth is and ACTUALLY following through. Maybe one of the first times in history or at least this high profile. I know Chris recently talked about Greta, maybe he took some inspiration after, IIRC, she took a more environmentally friendly option to make it to her events.

Im selfishly disappointed I wont see them live this era, but damn proud of the band for truly standing up for what they believe in and not just spewing empty words.

I think what he said is getting majorly twisted in the media... I expect still normal fantastic Coldplay tours with as many elements as possible being environmentally friendly , now because he said this ppl are acting like they have to be 100 percent eco which is impossible lol he didn’t say that obviously they stil have to fly etc . A huge production needs a lot of elements but if they can do some big changes obviously some is better then none:) I don’t think we’ll see him sailing from place to place lol but I’m sure we will see some positive steps taken to make things better :)

• Like 2

I think what he said is getting majorly twisted in the media... I expect still normal fantastic Coldplay tours with as many elements as possible being environmentally friendly , now because he said this ppl are acting like they have to be 100 percent eco which is impossible lol he didn’t say that obviously they stil have to fly etc . A huge production needs a lot of elements but if they can do some big changes obviously some is better then none:) I don’t think we’ll see him sailing from place to place lol but I’m sure we will see some positive steps taken to make things better :)

Oh, yeah, that wasnt what I was saying, but theyre at least doing something y'know?

but imagine the band on a paddle boat going nation to nation LOL.

maybe fire up those AHFOD hot air balloons?

• Haha 4

I definitely see posts on the Coldplay group on Facebook that are ridiculous by people saying they are or have been fans. They often are followed by this new album sucks anyway so that's the real reason. Most are just being immature about the fact they won't get to see them tour any time soon. It sucks that we won't see them on the road a while but take a big step back and look at the big picture a minute. Anyway one of the reasons I hate most of the Internet.

• Like 5

What many people also don't understand is that they're trying to be climate neutral using compensations, as in: for every X amount of paper they use, they donate that paper's value to a good cause.

It's impossible for a tour to be 100% eco-friendly, but if you compensate (and yes, that will eventually cost more), you can make it climate neutral.

• Like 5

CD arrived today and was listening to it over the last hour. Incredible tracks and some of them are very unusual.

'Guns' sounds a bit out of place here, it's like coming from a (solo) folk album Chris was working on.^^

There's a weird track indexing on the CD, the section where the abbey bells can be heard. Parted in 5 individual tracks (wtf).

I was ripping the CD to my digital collection and re-edited the intermission as one track, re-titled to 'Sunset (Abbey Bells)'.

Anyway, from (finally) first full listening I think I rate this (double) album very high to the band's early albums.

Definitely the 'real' successor of Viva La Vida. I'm re-listening to it right now.

Think I gonna buy the vinyl edition soon.

By the way, is the intermission part (the bells) anywhere on the LP set? End of record 1 or start of record 2?

• Like 2

For people who haven't read it yet, they plan to release their unreleased songs at some point in the (long) future!

This is by Jonathan Dean who recently interviewed Coldplay and he shared some bonus quotes that didn't make it in the interview.

Oh my god this is awesome news!! Hope there's something from every previous band era, especially the early ones!

• Like 5

I got the CD today and I found something really interesting.

The album is officially out already, but I'll mark it as a spoiler anyway.

Those of you who heard the leak know that the interlude between Sunrise and Sunset was split into 6 tracks with generic names (Sunrise/Sunset Interlude #1-6 or something like that). On the official CD it's split up into 8 tracks instead. But even more interesting is that when I put the disc into my computer, I found that each have names: G, O, D, =, L, O, V, and E. All put together it makes the message GOD = LOVE.

Here's a screenshot:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9761]9761[/ATTACH]

Interesting, my Windows player didn't show this.

Looks like I have to re-name the track I edited together from the 6 middle tracks then...

What many people also don't understand is that they're trying to be climate neutral using compensations, as in: for every X amount of paper they use, they donate that paper's value to a good cause.

It's impossible for a tour to be 100% eco-friendly, but if you compensate (and yes, that will eventually cost more), you can make it climate neutral.

They did the same thing on the AROBTTH tour, asking fans to donate money to plant mango trees in southern India in order to offset the impact of touring, but sadly the local people weren’t given the resources to look after the plantation so a large proportion of the trees died or were burned and that just ended up releasing more CO2.

Hopefully this time there’s more long-term thinking and support behind the plan, otherwise everyone loses.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Interesting, my Windows player didn't show this.

Looks like I have to re-name the track I edited together from the 6 middle tracks then...

This message: 'GOD IS LOVE', Chris got it tattooed on the inside of his left upper arm (as a cover up of the 'G' he had for Gwyneth)

• Like 6