✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

But that's an example of a good pop song/record.

Exactly! That's why I'm confused because do people mean they don't want it to be poppy in the sense that they want the song as an orchestral ballad unlike any other Coldplay release, because I'd argue from parachutes onwards, all of their releases have been 'pop' to some degree, even things like Yes which this could be similar too. Or are people just worried this song might descend into a trap beat club song with violins in the background haha

Love your profile pic BTW

• Like 3

Wow, just woke up to this and I can't still believe the new era is so inminent!!

I wonder if we'll have sth else today, maybe the new single (I think I'm being too hopeful:confounded:). But yet I strongly believe that Monday will be the day.

• Like 1

I just checked out that teaser video on Twitter.

Someone here said it's a bit Arabian, another one said it's a bit Jazz. lol

It just sounds very classical to me. Maybe a bit cinematic. Either way, I like it!

This is exciting times really! And oh yeah, I think it's the outro of an album track.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Guys. This snippet sounds so magical, but unfortunately it did not come straight from the heavens into Coldplay's brains.

It's from a Charlie Chaplin movie (which makes sense), as Twitter user @_nora_lilo noticed :

The Circus Prospers/The Lion's Cage

• Like 8

So I just woke up (a little late) and I got sooo many notifications. And it was too much to read, so I had to search so hard until I found out what happened hahaha.

The music sounds like an outro of a song.. but it doesn't mean amything. It could be violet hill alike with a quiet outro or just some strings jn the middle of a song.

If you listen to the strings of True Love for example, it's so different from the song... The only thing this snippet really means is that Davide Rossi topped himself again with beautiful strings!

I think there is a possibility we might get a longer snippet / single later today, but we'll have to wait for that to see it happen

• Like 2

Just checked out their Youtube official account and found out that the number of uploaded videos changed from 220 to 221, so they added a new video. I don't know if anyone realised before.

For me it is all getting so confusing...

• Like 4
  • Wow 4

Do you think we’ll get more teasers today?

Or one per day leading up to the single release?

I think it will be one per day, they don't often post several things in one day....but since they're going to be "full of surprises" from now on, we don't know what will happen :joy:

Btw I do have to express my love for that bit we heard. Even if it's technically just a cover of the intro of that Charlie Chaplin movie bit, it's so wonderful, so well done. Davide, our true king.

My first reaction to hearing it was similar to a new mom hearing her a baby for the first time :joy: i was all tearful and like "oh this is the most beautiful sound I've ever heard :sob::sob::sob:" hahaha

• Like 6
  • Love 1

It's from a Charlie Chaplin movie ...

Thanks a lot. That's why it sounded slightly familiar to me.

So their new album might contain songs from other artists which they rearranged, hopefully with the others' permission.

Their album might well have a classical sound. Will once said he listens to classical music in the morning and Chris has written some classical sounding music as for instance the Invictus Games anthem.

Very exciting.

• Like 4

Guys. This snippet sounds so magical, but unfortunately it did not come straight from the heavens into Coldplay's brains.

It's from a Charlie Chaplin movie (which makes sense), as Twitter user @_nora_lilo noticed :

Ha! So I was right that it sounds cinematic.

• Like 3

No, it is Coldplay who is f*****g with my brain! :p

In Dutch we say "iemand blij maken met een dode mus", loosely translated: "make someone happy with a dead sparrow".

But it is still exciting to hear something this extraordinary.

They've got my attention.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm so happy we got to see a teaser!!!

I saw some interesting theories from different people about this album being full of, time travelling, songs from 1919 up to 2019, which is very interesting.

I think Coldplay can't express all of the songs that are on the new album with just a teaser of 15 seconds, that's just impossible. The AOAL teaser couldn't do it with the whole A Head Full Of Dreams album either. So, it's really exciting to not know what kind of songs to expect on the new record.

Also, I heard some people mentioning the VIVA era? As a die-hard fan of the VIVA era, I would say that it's unlikely they are doing something in any direction of VIVA or anything else Coldplay have already done. They will always do something different each era.

Every Coldplay album is brilliant in its own way, Coldplay have surprised me with each of their 7 studio albums so far and I am pretty sure that they will surprise us in a way with their upcoming release/songs/album.

• Like 9

No, it is Coldplay who is f*****g with my brain! :p

In Dutch we say "iemand blij maken met een dode mus", loosely translated: "make someone happy with a dead sparrow".

But it is still exciting to hear something this extraordinary.

They've got my attention.

Well we've found the concert opener then. They often use existing pieces for that, or less frequently as parts of songs. Setting the mood.

• Like 4