✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Champion Of The World - Sunset

Coeurli

Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 7th track of Sunset/Everyday life part 2 will sound like ?

:moon:

Will has already said he only has backing vocals on this track (in the youtube chat during the Orphans video premiere)... smh

• Like 1

I’m hoping this song will be a tribute to Queen considering the title and the fact that the recent movie had so much positive impact.

Champion Of The World

We Are The Champions?

maybe im taking this too far heheheh

• Like 1

Might be a minority here but I'm glad Will isn't taking lead on this. Sorry but he's not a good singer as everyone seems to think he is. He should just stick with singing backup or just a one off at concerts. Lol.

I think he is a technically good singer but his voice doesn't have the depth or intensity of Chris's. That's why I prefer Will on backing vocals. Although I have to say In My Place Live in Sao Paolo is really beautiful.

• Like 2

The lyrics certainly are worth examining as well. Didn't catch them all by listening, but they have a darker and lighter side to them (mountainside suicide....and then into the universe with no parachute)

all the lyrics are on genius but some aren't full

Spoiler tag for those who are waiting until the official release, but:

That amazing guitar riff is a sample from Los Angeles, Be Kind by Owl John, the solo project of the late Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit :heart:

The lyrics are hitting me extra hard now, as I'm sure you'll understand if you know his story. Fuck.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Spoiler tag for those who are waiting until the official release, but:

That amazing guitar riff is a sample from Los Angeles, Be Kind by Owl John, the solo project of the late Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit :heart:

The lyrics are hitting me extra hard now, as I'm sure you'll understand if you know his story. Fuck.

Wow.

I can't help be a little bit disappointed that this isn't Jonny playing (so little Jonny on this Album already...), but I absolutely love this riff and now this gives the lyrics of the song (that I could already relate to a lot) SO MUCH more weight.

:sweat:

• Wow 1

I'm disappointed!

I mean, I loved this song for the guitar and to find out they didn't even come up with it? Man, that's...yeah. Disappointing. Lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of FR and Scott's death was hard to take and when I heard he was on this song, I thought that the boys had did something with him before he passed or he had something unreleased and the band used it in his remembrance.

I'm disappointed!

I mean, I loved this song for the guitar and to find out they didn't even come up with it? Man, that's...yeah. Disappointing. Lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of FR and Scott's death was hard to take and when I heard he was on this song, I thought that the boys had did something with him before he passed or he had something unreleased and the band used it in his remembrance.

Yeah, same. The guitar riff is one of the things I immediately loved about the song and I honestly thought this was Jonny's brilliance. So, from a Coldplay point of view, it's a bummer.

Then again, one of my favourite Coldplay Songs, if not my favourite, is Talk...

• Like 1

I'm disappointed!

I get what you mean, but it makes a lot more sense if you examine the lyrics as well.