✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Flags - Sunset - Bonus track (Japan exclusive)

Coeurli

Interesting song. Reminds me of "Miracles" and "Ghost Story". Definitely feels like a B-side but also could be one of the more conventional Coldplay songs of this era so far.

Wow. This song has grown on me so much. It might end up in my top 5 songs off the album. The lyrics are so powerful, beautiful and carry a great message.

It's crazy how the band's B-sides over the years end up being some of their best songs.

• Like 3

Could I get the link as well? Thank you so much!

could i get the files? flac and mp3 please

I would love to hear the song :D

I would also love a link, Mr. Marks the Spot. Thanks!

May I have a link to the song too please?

Can I have the link as well? Thanks.

can i have link please?

Can I get a link please!

Can I get a link to flac too?

Hi,

can I have the link for the flat version?

many thanks

Sure. I'll DM all of you asap. I'm also sorry for replying so late. That's a problem if we all live in different time zones. :D

• Like 1

Can...everyone PM THEM instead of asking for it here? These guys are doing everyone a favour and you're making it harder for them, not easier. Let alone the folks who want to discuss the song instead of having the dodge the 'cAn I gEt A pM' landmines.

Oh no... I'm sorry I didn't actually realize that I should have asked users to send me a direct message instead of publishing their requests right here in the thread. It didn't bother me at all but for the sake of the sanity of us all:

IN CASE YOU WANT A DOWNLOAD LINK OF 'FLAGS' SEND ME A DIRECT MESSAGE and I'll be happy to oblige.

• Like 1

To elaborate on a previous comment, I would agree that while Flags in a good song, and I rank it highly, im having trouble finding a spot on the main album for it. But at the same time, you can say that for Orphans too (which coincidentally was one of the later tracks to come about). If those two tracks are an indication on the vector we're headed for LP9, this 'gon be gud.

• Like 2

To elaborate on a previous comment, I would agree that while Flags in a good song, and I rank it highly, im having trouble finding a spot on the main album for it. But at the same time, you can say that for Orphans too (which coincidentally was one of the later tracks to come about). If those two tracks are an indication on the vector we're headed for LP9, this 'gon be gud.

This is my first post on this forum, and, well... I really don't have much to add. This is exactly what I think!

• Like 4

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Thank you! (You may or may not have received a DM from me :eyes:)

To add something to this post: I feel like Flags is one of those songs that sits somewhere in between Viva and Mylo as far as vibes go. It's something I felt about a few other tracks off of EL as well. Almost as if they had the instrument set of Mylo but were trying to keep a Viva mood of sort. And, well, whatever it is that comes out of it feels both fresh and very much Coldplay-ish. Much love!

• Like 2

This is my first post on this forum, and, well... I really don't have much to add. This is exactly what I think!

Thanks, im honoured!

To elaborate on your point, it actually reminded me of (pre)parachutes era material from the get go.

• Like 1

I think the best place for it to fit in would be right after Champion of the World

Thank you! (You may or may not have received a DM from me :eyes:)

To add something to this post: I feel like Flags is one of those songs that sits somewhere in between Viva and Mylo as far as vibes go.

I feel the same, and I can understand why that song is not on the album. It might have been too 'poppy' and not 'experimental' enough. It's probably one of the songs Chris liked but the band didn't. so as a compromise it was put on as a secret bonus track.

• Like 2