✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Flags - Sunset - Bonus track (Japan exclusive)

Coeurli

M Marks The Spot said:

Hello. I've just managed to download Flags in both MP3 (320kbps) and FLAC. However I have no idea where the files come from originally because I obtained them from a website which seems to spread audio files purchased from legal sources.

Any chance i could get a dm or an email?

Edited by lab005

Anyone else getting strong pro LGTBQ+ vibes from the song (Pyotr Tchaikovsky was gay after all)?

Anyways this should have totally been on the album IMHO.

WHUAT how can you not know this famous componist! D:

Yes, if you don't know the roman empire was pro queer, and Tchaikovsky had several secret gay romances, I find the song somewhat random in those aspects. But Chris is also singing about flags "You don't need no flags to tell you who you are " I just think about the Pride Flag and how it's still necessary to show people that queers are also humans. So all these three aspects combined all share the same "secret" message and I love that :D

And concluding: "And I just love you for yourself "

I LIKE THIS SONG AND ITS MESSAGE VERY MUCH

I never thought of it this way... I thought the Tchaikovsky lyric was just Chris trying to sound poetic or reference some work of his, and I thought of the references to flags as referring to nationalities/immigration, but honestly you may be onto something. Regardless, the "I just love you for yourself" message is so wholesome, and I like when Coldplay can be that way in a song without it sounding really cheesy.

I wonder if the verse in this song that talks about the "Holy Roman Army" is in reference to the catholic church. These lyrics are so reminiscent of the VLV era.

I thought that too...

The lyrics mention "La Varsovienne," which is the French name of two different Polish revolutionary songs from the 19th and 20th centuries, respectively. There are some very Viva-esque themes here...

• Like 3

Again sorry to be a pest but if anyone can email me or send me a link to a 320 mp3 or flac file. Thanks I was sent 192 and it is very low quality. Thanks guys. I appreciate the help!

please just PM @M Marks The Spot or anyone else who has the files instead of repeatedly asking in this thread, it probably won't help

(I don't have them myself)

• Like 2

I agree with Batman (HI Thalia btw :heart_eyes:) that the song has strong LGBTQ+ support vibes, ESPECIALLY considering that flags themselves are a huge part of how these communities have raised awareness over the years, and the lyrics about wanting to be free to be yourself.... Now obviously this sort of Coldplay song never has one meaning only, it could also totally be about flags as nationalities, and anyway I think this song is to be understood in the broader sense (whoever you are, be yourself and love yourself and love truly without caring about what anyone thinks). It's really about empathy once again.

I think the lyrics are so powerful and beautiful, it's such a warm hug really. I love the Travis feel to it too. It feels lighter than the rest of the album. I don't think it matches the album so well though, musically, and I totally get why it's not in the main edition. But it's a great addition and I'm glad they released it somewhere somehow, I'm really grateful.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

I agree with Batman (HI Thalia btw :heart_eyes:) that the song has strong LGBTQ+ support vibes, ESPECIALLY considering that flags themselves are a huge part of how these communities have raised awareness over the years, and the lyrics about wanting to be free to be yourself.... Now obviously this sort of Coldplay song never has one meaning only, it could also totally be about flags as nationalities, and anyway I think this song is to be understood in the broader sense (whoever you are, be yourself and love yourself and love truly without caring about what anyone thinks). It's really about empathy once again.

I think the lyrics are so powerful and beautiful, it's such a warm hug really. I love the Travis feel to it too. It feels lighter than the rest of the album. I don't think it matches the album so well though, musically, and I totally get why it's not in the main edition. But it's a great addition and I'm glad they released it somewhere somehow, I'm really grateful.

HELLO FREN dazzled.gif.20701425af936df4c0791e31f97f2db0.gif

I honestly only crawled out of my hole because this new album isn't particularly amazing but has some GOOD messages.

and I'm always here when things get gay lolsurprise

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

p l e a s e j u s t P M s o m e o n e w h o s a i d t h e y h a v e t h e f i l e s i n s t e a d o f a s k i n g i n t h i s t h r e a d

It's annoying that some people continue writing the request in threads instead of starting PMs themselves. Do they even read the pages?

• Like 3

Can I have a PM please ? @Captain Crieff

JUST KIDDING !

I love Flags, it sounds like an AROBTTH B-side with Vivaesque lyrics to me. And since I read the lyrics I can't stop thinking about a group of skeletons sitting around their coffees at a table chatting.... :D

And that last "Oh I just love you for yourself" :heart:

• Like 6
  • Wow 1