📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

It's also worth considering that maybe Coldplay's set will be about more than just a regular set though.... Like what if they consider this as a special launching event with more than just 1 new song? What if they try to make it as much as possible about MOTS? Then it's not really about the live performance but more about the upcoming album...

• Like 2
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LEAK  

this song is literally a career high, after 23 YEARS no one gets to complain about this album anymore for me, NO ONE, i'll protect it with my whole existence 🔪

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Captain Crieff said:

this!! as long as it was played live, as in, what you see being played/sung is live, it counts as a live performance for me. Doesn't matter if we're watching it two weeks later. But if within those 2 weeks the whole thing goes through heavy post-production that is more than just getting the right mix and adding some reverb here and there or so, it just takes away almost all of the magic for me. 

Exactly, same here! It's just that there is no need for them to sound "perfect" you know. That's why those live performances are always so pure and special, magical if you like. They don't need that heavy post production. I really dislike it, to be honest. Otherwise, every performance (Higher Power in this case) would sound exactly the same. 

Imagine having 10 more of these pre-recorded or heavy post produced "live performances" of Higher Power this year, that would just be so boring because everything you see wouldn't be played live by the band! Coldplay do NOT need it, they are already PERFECT........

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just heard a good qualitt version of The Race. Pretty cool he sings Koleidoscope and the song is pretty good. Not sure about if it's the kind of Coldplay song I'd like to be on the album though. 🤔

8 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Just heard a good qualitt version of The Race. Pretty cool he sings Koleidoscope and the song is pretty good. Not sure about if it's the kind of Coldplay song I'd like to be on the album though. 🤔

the AHFOD version of The Race sounds better - at least what we've heard from the snippet.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Was it is the live in Jordan performance that was lip synced?

For clocks, most performances during the AHFOD tour had at least partial lipsync. For church I think all live performances had lipsync.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Every single Church performance you can find on the web, Jordan included, featured a vocal track that's on the album.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

It was all of the performances that he’s done so far. He actually sings the part along with himself sometimes an octave lower. It’s incredibly noticeable because it’s the same track as the album.

Edited by IslandToDiscover
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

For clocks, most performances during the AHFOD tour had at least partial lipsync. For church I think all live performances had lipsync.

Why just Clocks I wonder 🤔 Would be devestated to hear that just that song was lip synced.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BerheavedTripod8 said:

That’s so strange to me. Why would he lip sync Clocks? I went back and watched some videos of Clocks from the tour and I did notice that all of the little intricate syncopated vocal rhythms that are normally unique to live performances were the same in every clip I watched :/. His vocals on it weren’t even that great - totally looked like he was doing them live because they didn’t feel perfect. Bummer.

Edited by IslandToDiscover
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, IslandToDiscover said:

It was all of the performances that he’s done so far. He actually sings the part along with himself sometimes an octave lower. It’s incredibly noticeable because it’s the same track as the album.

Have not listened that much to Church live, not my favorite song, sorry Chris 🙏

• Sad 1
Just now, Famous_Old_Painter said:

Why just Clocks I wonder 🤔 Would be devestated to hear that just that song was lip synced.

The main theory is that Chris had trouble singing the whole AHFOD set with Clocks included. He was trying to save his voice but they didn't seem ready to let go of that song so he's been lypsincing it. 

I hope this song finally gets out of the set list or he finds a way to sing it live again! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Just now, Coeurli said:

The main theory is that Chris had trouble singing the whole AHFOD set with Clocks included. He was trying to save his voice but they didn't seem ready to let go of that song so he's been lypsincing it. 

I hope this song finally gets out of the set list or he finds a way to sing it live again! 

I mean doing 100+ 2 hour long shows surely takes its toll on a voice, but I much prefer a set that's 1h30m instead of 2h if it means everything is live.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Coeurli said:

Interesting. Could just have an intermission or something lol I’d rather that than non-live vocals!

I’d love to see Coldplay play a stripped down set without prominent backing tracks (like they did for that Instagram live but with full sound / drums etc.) where Chris doesn’t have to crazy exert himself. Maybe then he’d survive Clocks haha

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, BerheavedTripod8 said:

I mean doing 100+ 2 hour long shows surely takes its toll on a voice, but I much prefer a set that's 1h30m instead of 2h if it means everything is live.

Actually I don't think it was a matter of length necessarily but more a matter of the way he sang the AHFOD songs and what it all demanded in regard to his voice. 

His voice in Higher Power is much lower and I assume he's going to keep using his lower register as much as possible, so he can sing everything live. 

• Like 4

If they have to lipsynch I'd prefer if they used the album/single version honestly. It's probably common practice in the industry but I'd expect better from coldplay. It's too fake.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, IslandToDiscover said:

Interesting. Could just have an intermission or something lol I’d rather that than non-live vocals!

I’d love to see Coldplay play a stripped down set without prominent backing tracks (like they did for that Instagram live but with full sound / drums etc.) where Chris doesn’t have to crazy exert himself. Maybe then he’d survive Clocks haha

Highly recommend the Dell show if you haven't seen it! He's alone but it's acoustic and his voice is wonderful.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Coeurli said:

I would rather hear Clocks sung live than some other songs. 😄

• Haha 1

I'm still waiting for a song where Will sings lead vocals. Or Guy or Jonny!! 

The Clocks things was pretty evident but I never fully understood why either.

-It's a song at the piano rather than running around. Chris gets very obviously out of breath when dancing on his feet for ETIAW/VLV for instance.

-It's not the hardest or highest song to sing. Fix You and ASFOS both have higher notes and more falsetto. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Coeurli said:

Highly recommend the Dell show if you haven't seen it! He's alone but it's acoustic and his voice is wonderful.

I did, thanks!! Was a great show. Just hoping we get more of this with the full band!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

I'm still waiting for a song where Will sings lead vocals. Or Guy or Jonny!! 

The Clocks things was pretty evident but I never fully understood why either.

-It's a song at the piano rather than running around. Chris gets very obviously out of breath when dancing on his feet for ETIAW/VLV for instance.

-It's not the hardest or highest song to sing. Fix You and ASFOS both have higher notes and more falsetto. 

Yeah I'd rather see him lip syncing ASFOS, if he has to do it.

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021