✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

7 hours ago, harrisonrules said:

Look at the animation on the top left of the screen around the very end of the video from 3:25 to 3:28...

It reminds me of one of the symbols on Chris's shoulder during the American Idol and Brits performances of Higher Power.

It also reminds me of this particular image from an article that talks about the concept of the music of the spheres. https://www.crystalinks.com/harmonyspheres.html

harmonyspheresalchemy.jpg.52aaf168cabefdbc4264051d3cf28ab9.jpg

And look what's in the Ghost Stories cover art...

727379964_DjHPKIK_d2.jpg.68c03468ba81db02622c0bd3ac4875a8.jpg

You can see it animated in much of this video, which is a snippet from the visual album version of Ghost Stories that was available for streaming on iTunes around a week before the actual album was released. As the object gets bigger it greatly resembles the aforementioned animation from the end of the Higher Power lyric video...

Also, fun fact, the object has a bunch of lyrics on it from the album, and some of them are very similar to lyrics from The Race. You can see them in this old post from @Batman in a thread I made about this back in 2014. There's also the phrase "every human life is irreplaceable, therefore it is a gift."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, harrisonrules said:

This book was published right around the start of the Everyday Life era. It also mentions a name similar to Orphans that if you remember Chris said was supposed to be on LP9

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

20210519_222347.jpg

Honestly, this entire plot synopsis would make for an amazing space rock opera. It kind of reminds me of the MX story from the comics. I really need to read this... I'm gonna try and track it down because I love this kind of science fiction.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, harrisonrules said:

Harmony for My Song?

I mean, technically it's just a note written on a board in Coldplay's studio around that time. This is in all likelihood not a songtitle, but literally a note that says "harmony for my song" lol

Also thanks thread for reminding me Voodoo exists. Don't kill me, but to me it's the single worst song that Coldplay has ever been involved in any way ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, I ran away said:

Also thanks thread for reminding me Voodoo exists. Don't kill me, but to me it's the single worst song that Coldplay has ever been involved in any way ?

To each their own. I think Voodoo's awful but not as bad as stuff like Something Just Like This or X Marks the Spot.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, I ran away said:

I mean, technically it's just a note written on a board in Coldplay's studio around that time. This is in all likelihood not a songtitle, but literally a note that says "harmony for my song" lol

"The musica universalis (literally universal music), also called music of the spheres or harmony of the spheres"

?

1 hour ago, Famous_Old_Painter said:

"The musica universalis (literally universal music), also called music of the spheres or harmony of the spheres"

?

Yeah I know that, the concept of music/harmony of the spheres has been around since the Ancient Greeks. But a harmony is a common term in music and music theory. Coldplay songs (and all other music really) are full of harmonies...

https://hellomusictheory.com/learn/harmony/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I ran away said:

Yeah I know that, the concept of music/harmony of the spheres has been around since the Ancient Greeks. But a harmony is a common term in music and music theory. Coldplay songs (and all other music really) are full of harmonies...

https://hellomusictheory.com/learn/harmony/

Yes I do know what a harmony is, Will do them with perfection ?

I'm just speculating and looking for signs everywhere ?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, stepstr said:

there'll be some sort of a surprise 

2W4RwWKgPTE.jpg?size=960x556&quality=96&sign=6db6fe7e525f82105495948a8a504d9e&type=album

I'm hoping for a new song! But at the same time I dont know if I'll be able to listen to it because I'm betting the live version will be drastically different from whatever the studio version is. I swear. 

• Wow 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion