✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 02 - Higher Power | Music of the Spheres

gai

the guys do not do the same 2 times, so seeing an AHFOD 2.0 or MX 2.0 would be very difficult (in that case better an X&Y 2.0, 3.0 ...). I don't see any resemblance to birds anywhere (it shouldn't go on that album) and the sythwave is not pop, It really seems that it is not Coldplay in terms of what we design and that seems to me a great step for a great change 

Hello everyone! This is unrelated but given that this is an active thread on Coldplay news I figured I would post here as well. Coldplaying's main twitter account has been suspended (horrible timing!). But we do have a backup! So if you're on Twitter, make sure to also follow @Coldplaying_HQ 

Thank you :wacky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coeurli said:

Hello everyone! This is unrelated but given that this is an active thread on Coldplay news I figured I would post here as well. Coldplaying's main twitter account has been suspended (horrible timing!). But we do have a backup! So if you're on Twitter, make sure to also follow @Coldplaying_HQ 

Thank you :wacky:

Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully the issue will be resolved as soon as possible :worried:

• Love 1

Well, from this exctract I'm seriously wondering how are they gonna manage to perform the song live !

Obviously a lot of it will be full backing tracks, but I hope they'll find a way to not just play along all the synths + choirs + drum maschines and all that stuff.

Also Will didn't have his SPD-SX on the Brits performance pictures !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, auroraa_4 said:

Well, from this exctract I'm seriously wondering how are they gonna manage to perform the song live !

Obviously a lot of it will be full backing tracks, but I hope they'll find a way to not just play along all the synths + choirs + drum maschines and all that stuff.

Also Will didn't have his SPD-SX on the Brits performance pictures !

I wonder that too. It will be interesting to see!

I really hope they actually play a bit synths live in this song and hopefully put guitar higher in the mix in the parts where it's possible. They have always managed to make the songs work in live performances more or less. For example Something Just Like This in live was kind of a positive surprise for me.

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 8

Well, I don't know if you have noticed, after watching the video of Higther Power again I noticed something curious, the first symbol is illuminated compared to the others, on the official cover they are all the same color, apart from the back cover the same symbol appears but individual , I think that if they are going to be 5 singles, and I think The Race can be infinity or the atom. The difference is very subtle.Coldplay-n18huz.thumb.jpg.420f8daf370e49754cf9603705bb1e6e.jpg20210504_195128.jpg.b6232bc9eddb97778a0c36b171b7306c.jpg1280135674_Screenshot_20210504-194933_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.316957cff40066149f78c880533a87ea.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Sammoga said:

Well, I don't know if you have noticed, after watching the video of Higther Power again I noticed something curious, the first symbol is illuminated compared to the others, on the official cover they are all the same color, apart from the back cover the same symbol appears but individual , I think that if they are going to be 5 singles, and I think The Race can be infinity or the atom. The difference is very subtle.Coldplay-n18huz.thumb.jpg.420f8daf370e49754cf9603705bb1e6e.jpg20210504_195128.jpg.b6232bc9eddb97778a0c36b171b7306c.jpg1280135674_Screenshot_20210504-194933_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.316957cff40066149f78c880533a87ea.jpg

The Race might fit pretty well on the album, especially with lyrics like these. It'd fit on AHFOD, it'd fit on the Kaleidoscope EP, and it'd fit on an album that combines space themes with love songs (which seems to be the case with Higher Power).

https://lyrnow.com/196592

"(Of the night, Of the night)
In and out of time, in and out of space
Only you make my heart race
Only your eyes, only a taste (Oh)
I've been running out of time in another space
Such a beautiful face
And I'm seeing lights and I'm seeing shapes all over the place
Oh, oh, oh"

• Like 3
  • Love 2

htps://www.facebook.com/coldplay/videos/1113459642508675

Just saw this. Looks like 7 pm Eastern. Maybe Higher Power comes out then? :thinking:

Yeah...12 am UK. Thinking it's gotta be. 

Can confirm. Just saw Coldplay YouTube channel has Higher Power set to premiere at 7 Eastern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXgf5smLEgQ

Edited by HowCouldIForget

On 5/5/2021 at 5:41 AM, 42Escapist said:

The Race might fit pretty well on the album, especially with lyrics like these. It'd fit on AHFOD, it'd fit on the Kaleidoscope EP, and it'd fit on an album that combines space themes with love songs (which seems to be the case with Higher Power).

https://lyrnow.com/196592

"(Of the night, Of the night)
In and out of time, in and out of space
Only you make my heart race
Only your eyes, only a taste (Oh)
I've been running out of time in another space
Such a beautiful face
And I'm seeing lights and I'm seeing shapes all over the place
Oh, oh, oh"

Oh I really hope the version from the A Head Full Of Dreams doc is on the album!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, CP-EST said:

I wonder that too. It will be interesting to see!

I really hope they actually play a bit synths live in this song and hopefully put guitar higher in the mix in the parts where it's possible. They have always managed to make the songs work in live performances more or less. For example Something Just Like This in live was kind of a positive surprise for me.

Yes!

The piano and synths are already backing tracks, so Something Just Like This would be very boring live if we didn't have Jonny.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

Actually can't believe it didn't leak, especially since some people received their CD today already! Did those CDs come with a note from the label saying their whole family would be murdered if they shared the song? lmao

i am also very curious about that... good job

• stephen changed the title to HIGHER POWER | STREAM/DOWNLOAD EVERYWHERE | DISCUSSION
  • stephen changed the title to Track 02 - Higher Power | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned, unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic