✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 12 - Coloratura | Music of the Spheres

I don't even know what to say... I waited until 1AM my time for the premiere and listened to the song twice. 

I'm at my family's weekend house and this is my view right now (long exposure shot). I sat in a chair and just listened for 20 minutes while staring at the sky.

I can't describe what an amazing experience this was. Last time I had a similar moment back when Everyday Life had its premiere live in Jordan at 5AM my time. 

What a ride. What a song. Thanks Coldplay.

PXL_20210704_214014262.NIGHT.jpg

Edited by GarbageOffice
  • Like 5
  • Love 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Care 1

Wow. Amazing song. Not at all what I was expecting.

Heavy TDSOTM vibes thoughout as I'm sure someone else mentioned. That gorgeous guitar riff is also reminiscent of MTM.

Glad to hear some remnants of the MX era in 2021.

All in all another triumph by our boys.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GarbageOffice said:

I don't even know what to say... I waited until 1AM my time for the premiere and listened to the song twice. 

I'm at my family's weekend house and this is my view right now (long exposure shot). I sat in a chair and just listened for 20 minutes while staring at the sky.

I can't describe what an amazing experience this was. Last time I had a similar moment back when Everyday Life had its premiere live in Jordan at 5AM my time. 

What a ride. What a song. Thanks Coldplay.

PXL_20210704_214014262.NIGHT.jpg

That scenario is perfect for Coloratura! Such a beautiful view with the perfect soundtrack!

• Like 2

Coloratura simply beautiful. No more to say.

The song has a perfect progression among the 10+ minutes. The strings are beautiful and I'm glad we had that Jonny solo.

I mentioned this in the MOTS thread, but I'm so in love with this song that I need to say it again hahaha: is the perfect closure of an album and it will fit perfectly as a concert closer!

This was a huge gift for us the Coldplayers!

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, the_escapist said:

Galileo finally made it to a Coldplay song!

Remember that chat between the band that features in the AHFOD documentary?

Chris wanted to talk about Leonardo seeing patterns in the stars at night, but Will mentioned if isn't that Galileo... So Will wins lol...

(Also Will kind of agreed to include Leonardo as long is not DiCaprio lol)

• Like 2

Listening to it 5 times in a row.
Can't stop crying.
I don't know, for me, some songs from Coldplay are uplifting and depressing at the same time. (like Everyday life)
Maybe I need to go back to see my shrink... ?

It's a masterpiece. I don't see it live in a stadium though...
I might be wrong.

12 minutes ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

I give song 7/10

Which song? Coloratura is a symphony ? 

I mean, I appreciate you could find a number to rate it. For me honestly Coloratura isn't something to give ratings to, it's too unique.

• Like 3

Wow... just, wow.

This is the Coldplay I fell in love with. 10 minutes of ethereal beauty. It's like what would happen if David Bowie's Life on Mars and Space Oddity are combined with Coldplay's Moving to Mars, Death And All His Friends, What If, Hypnotised, and Square One. Coloratura is a space rock ballad of the highest quality, one that touches the heart and takes you on a ride across deep space. Best album closer they've ever done. Maybe even one of the greatest Coldplay songs, period. I didn't expect anything like it on MOTS, even after Everyday Life was filled with some great experimentation. But wow... this is the kind of song I've always wanted from them. Well done.

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

• stephen changed the title to Track 12 - Coloratura | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned, unpinned and featured this topic