✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 08 - Biutyful | Music of the Spheres

Coeurli

This song has been a grower on me. What i don't like about it are the weak lyrics, and sonically it's out there - but in a weird way, it's actually very endearing and sweet if you think about it as a little love song to someone. I especially love the parts where he says "I'm on top of the world man, on top of the world" and also the instrumental section behind the climactic "when you love me love me love mee".

By the way, for those who don't like the high-pitched vocals at the beginning, I got you covered 😄

• Like 1

This has grown on me too! Weirdly enough I admire the choice for keeping it half Chris half chipmunk. I think otherwise it would be much more a B class mainstream track. But what appeals to me is the flow and feeling of this song: it's so bright and refreshing. Besides, the transitions in the song are very fluent, let's say liquid?! The lines aren't may be the most meaningful for me, but I can't deny that I do love the rhyme. This bit I enjoy always: "Watermelon moon so happy you're alive and I feel like a river, finally arrived at sea, when you love me love me love me" 

On 2/18/2022 at 10:19 AM, WhiteShadow7 said:

This has grown on me too! Weirdly enough I admire the choice for keeping it half Chris half chipmunk. I think otherwise it would be much more a B class mainstream track. But what appeals to me is the flow and feeling of this song: it's so bright and refreshing. Besides, the transitions in the song are very fluent, let's say liquid?! The lines aren't may be the most meaningful for me, but I can't deny that I do love the rhyme. This bit I enjoy always: "Watermelon moon so happy you're alive and I feel like a river, finally arrived at sea, when you love me love me love me" 

The soundscape in this song is certainly liquid!

• stephen changed the title to Track 08 - Biutyful | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned this topic
  • stephen unpinned and featured this topic
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Divutian said:

what do you guys think about it being the closer?

It's a bit weird to me. 

I think that if they have chosen to delete at least temporary Coloratura from the setlist, it would be even more weird to close the concert with a song from a previous era... Therefore, the choice for the closer boils down to the songs of MOTS, and given that many are already included in a "fixed" position in the setlist, this is the one which seems to be available for this purpouse. However, I still find it weird (probably because the song itself hasn't grown on me that much)

Feel free to disagree🙂

On 4/2/2022 at 5:56 AM, Divutian said:

what do you guys think about it being the closer?

This is probably one of the weirdest decision Coldplay has made in terms of their setlist. In every era the have a very intentional song to start the shows and a very intentional song to end them. In this album they picked Higher Power to start both the album and the show, which IMHO it's not the best choice (I'd rather start the show with Humankind). They've also picked Coloratura to end the album and it's a perfect song to do it, but SOMEHOW they picked Biutyful to end the show? I love the track and it's one of my favourites, but it's nowhere near the energy of an ending song. Coloratura seems almost perfect, except for the fact that it's a not conventional song for most people and, given it is Coldplay we are talking about, they need to appeal the mainstream audience which are the majority. 

I believe they painted themselves into a corner where the ending song they choose for the album doesn't fit very well in their shows for this last reason that I've mentioned, and somehow they ended up picking Biutyful. In my opinion they should break the mould and start using other ending songs that aren't necessarily from this era. Why not Fix You? ASFOS? SJLT? There are many great songs that have proven to be hits in their setlist and can also work as the ending.

Edited by Gastypm
  • Like 2

My personal favourite ending song was Up&Up, it was the perfect feel-good ending song. I think Coloratura is a very good song to end with but is probably a bit too slow at the end - perhaps it could have ended after the final chorus and transition to A Wave like Up&Up transitioned to End Credits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My main problem of this song was this chipmunk voice then Chris used for this song and it's was a huge problems to appreciate much this song. This song didn't appear so much because of that, depist i easy three time to listen this song. It's didn't function well like it's function well in Cry Cry Cry. Also, the lyrics wasn't always fit with the melody in the song. But musically, he was better in instrumental without all of that and sound like a space soundtrack. It's didn't sound has a commercial song for radios depist it's was Max Martin production. But it's not the worst song of the album (i didn't like at all People to the Pride).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 said:

Yup. Next single! And MV today! 😄 

I watched it, better then what I was expecting actually. I didn't know they would add other settings to this music video. The mini narrative going on made me smile.

Wish I liked the song itself more however I found The Weridos to be quite charming. Might watch it again on a slower play-back speed to see if there's any Easter egg references but I'm unsure if they did anything like that for this music video.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Actually, now context-wise, trying to make an educated guess, I'm starting to think this remix at the end of the video is possibly an alternate demo done by either Angel Lopez or Oscar Holter on the transition from the Everyday Life outtake to this.

Edited by nowayme
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nowayme said:

Actually, now context-wise, trying to make an educated guess, I'm starting to think this remix at the end of the video is possibly an alternate demo done by either Angel Lopez or Oscar Holter on the transition from the Everyday Life outtake to this.

I wish a full version of that remix would be released. And by extension, the extended version from the same video too.

Same. This has consistently been one of my top MOTS songs, I think because it just has as lovely and chill melody but also sounds unique enough to fit the whole "alien music" album theme. A lot of other songs up until this point on the album don't feel unique so I wish it got more treatment with the remix or the OG version, which admittedly has leaked recently but isn't that much different.

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

Same. This has consistently been one of my top MOTS songs, I think because it just has as lovely and chill melody but also sounds unique enough to fit the whole "alien music" album theme. A lot of other songs up until this point on the album don't feel unique so I wish it got more treatment with the remix or the OG version, which admittedly has leaked recently but isn't that much different.

To be honest I thought the original version was fake.

• 2 weeks later...