✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Jul-09: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Houston, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

WAHOO!! I got a ticket :)

Section 102, row EE on Ebay! And I only paid $20 over face value :D

Yay for being given a second chance to redeem myself for being stupid and not getting the Section 102, row DD seat I pulled up in the presale. So sacraficing one row closer and $20 doesn't seem bad at all.

I guess my friends ditching me and not being able to come helped me out since I've been looking for the one ticket, lol. It's actually harder than I thought it would be, since most of the post-general sale tickets for sale are all 2 or above, so I snagged this one. Now I'll just keep a look out for even better seats over the next few months, but If I'm stuck with this one, I'll be happy.

As far as meeting the band, it's more likely to happen at the Woodlands than the Toyota Center due to the layout. I met Tori Amos TWICE there when I went with friends who knew about these meet and greets she does before the show. I know the venue has changed a lot, but there is an area to the left of the venue where the buses pull in. So unless this has changed, it might happen if you get there early to mid-afternoon!! They had set up a gate thing, and everyone just kind of lined up there...

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for being given a second chance to redeem myself for being stupid and not getting the Section 102, row DD seat I pulled up in the presale. So sacraficing one row closer and $20 doesn't seem bad at all.

I guess my friends ditching me and not being able to come helped me out since I've been looking for the one ticket, lol. It's actually harder than I thought it would be, since most of the post-general sale tickets for sale are all 2 or above, so I snagged this one. Now I'll just keep a look out for even better seats over the next few months, but If I'm stuck with this one, I'll be happy.

As far as meeting the band, it's more likely to happen at the Woodlands than the Toyota Center due to the layout. I met Tori Amos TWICE there when I went with friends who knew about these meet and greets she does before the show. I know the venue has changed a lot, but there is an area to the left of the venue where the buses pull in. So unless this has changed, it might happen if you get there early to mid-afternoon!! They had set up a gate thing, and everyone just kind of lined up there...

OMG!!! How did you do that. I am in desparate need for better seats:(

you got the buy it now one right? i saw the auction the day it started and i immediately thought to myself that whoever wins that is gettin a hell of a deal. im glad you won!

you got the buy it now one right? i saw the auction the day it started and i immediately thought to myself that whoever wins that is gettin a hell of a deal. im glad you won!

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm stoked. No, it was a regular auction - I wish it was buy it now , it would have been less tense, lol. I was sooooo surprised I got it at a regular price. I think it's because the auction ended in the morning when most people are at work, ha :)

Of course, I was at work, but had it up in the background, lol. I figured there would be a battle at the end, but I bid once and won!

I was wondering the same thing...

Also, do you think this concert will be the same format as the November one? I just don't see how the layout would work at the Woodlands - especially the B and C Stages. I do hope they have those little stages though, and I hope I'm near one, ha!

I was wondering the same thing...

Also, do you think this concert will be the same format as the November one? I just don't see how the layout would work at the Woodlands - especially the B and C Stages. I do hope they have those little stages though, and I hope I'm near one, ha!

I don't think they are...

I remember reading somewhere that Coldplay was thinking of ways to like revamp their tour through the States. I guess they don't want the people who saw them last year to see the exact same show. Though I certainly wouldn't mind.:D

Anyway, uh yeah... they picked all ampitheatres as the venues for this tour... So... hmm....

Maybe?

I remember reading somewhere that Coldplay was thinking of ways to like revamp their tour through the States. I guess they don't want the people who saw them last year to see the exact same show. Though I certainly wouldn't mind.:D

Anyway, uh yeah... they picked all ampitheatres as the venues for this tour... So... hmm....

Maybe?

ahh well that sucks

Maybe?

but i think that's why it's impossible to get front row tickets; they're saving them all for upgrading maybe?

^ It's general admission/SRO for Pit so there isn't really 'front row' tickets persay.

No idea how you can get those!

If anyone finds how to buy PIT tix. please let me know. I am in need of 2 and possibly 4 for the PIT.................I know they will be expensive, but within reason (mine alone) they will be worth it. If someone knows please point me in the direction....:shocked2:

"Coldplay roadies explained that Coldplay purchases the first five rows of every American concert they perform then gives the tickets to true Coldplay fans that would energize the band to perform their best, fans who deserved floor seats priced as much as $1,000 a ticket. Who knew?"

http://alternativemusic.suite101.com/article.cfm/coldplays_2008_united_states_viva_la_vida_tour

Maybe that's why no PIT tickets are available... :P

"Coldplay roadies explained that Coldplay purchases the first five rows of every American concert they perform then gives the tickets to true Coldplay fans that would energize the band to perform their best, fans who deserved floor seats priced as much as $1,000 a ticket. Who knew?"

http://alternativemusic.suite101.com/article.cfm/coldplays_2008_united_states_viva_la_vida_tour

Maybe that's why no PIT tickets are available... :P

Oh god!! I hope I get picked by a roadie....my seats are baaaaad!!. They are in section 108 row v, pretty bad huh:cry:? So unfair

Oh god!! I hope I get picked by a roadie....my seats are baaaaad!!. They are in section 108 row v, pretty bad huh:cry:? So unfair

Ouch, yeah that's the second to last row of reserved... but at least you are in the center section, so it definately could be much worse. Hopefully you will get upgraded - I would just keep a look out for semi-suspicious characters who look like they are scoping people out, lol!

Ouch, yeah that's the second to last row of reserved... but at least you are in the center section, so it definately could be much worse. Hopefully you will get upgraded - I would just keep a look out for semi-suspicious characters who look like they are scoping people out, lol!

Oh I will! I wish there was a way to get better seats..

Being in the covered section (generally) beats being in lawn, despite the higher prices we have to pay. I'm doubting that the roadies will be going into reserved seats, they'd probably venture into the lawn. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm wondering if I need to dress up (in Coldplay attire) to catch their attention... Hah.

Being in the covered section (generally) beats being in lawn, despite the higher prices we have to pay. I'm doubting that the roadies will be going into reserved seats, they'd probably venture into the lawn. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm wondering if I need to dress up (in Coldplay attire) to catch their attention... Hah.

Yeah, I agree... especially since it will be July in Houston!! However, since she's at the very back of reserved, there's still a chance!

Guest LiquidSky

I was thinking the same thing. It would be just pure luck to get pit tickets

I was thinking the same thing. It would be just pure luck to get pit tickets

for the november 18 show, my seats were all the way up in the 400s (really, REALLY sucky seats) and this time, i think they're lawn so yeah, i'm hoping for another upgrade

Hey Mike no ignorance at all!

An upgrade is when some lucky fans receive tickets to better seats. For example, people in the nosebleeds were given front row tickets at the group's last Houston stop. Usually they require the lucky receivers to sing their favorite Coldplay song or similar trivia.

A roadie is part of "the road crew (or roadies) are the technicians who travel with a band on tour, usually in sleeper buses, and handle every part of the concert " according to Wiki. They basically do everything and make sure everything goes smoothly.

And it's not July. Haha!

I will keep my eyes open for roadies everywhere!!!....hopefully they don't give all their tickets to people in the lawn. lol! I was so ripped off. I paid the amount for reserved seating and I am 1 row away from the lawn :(.... oh well "anything for Coldplay" :)

Yes I'm goinh. My first ever COLDPLAY concerts.

:smug:

This WILL NOT be your last Coldplay concert. Actually my first was in 2003 (I think) with my daughter at the Saunger Theatre in New Orleans (50 miles from me). When she asked me to take her, I had never heard of the group. Upon leaving the concert I told her that "If Coldplay comes withing 500 miles of us, ever again, we would get tickets, no matter what. At 56 years old I have heard them all, Coldplay is in first place in my opinion.............CD's in my truck, my Corvette,my iPod,my computer....... they are evrywhere I go........:cool:

Since then we have been to 2 others including last November in Houston.

We now go as a group with all my daughters,daughter-in-laws, and anyone else in the family that wants. We have 12 tickets for the July Woodlands show. Really, I am like a teenager agian and can not wait to see them again. :laugh3:

You're gonna love them heinzkrohn............:D

Hey Mike no ignorance at all!

An upgrade is when some lucky fans receive tickets to better seats. For example, people in the nosebleeds were given front row tickets at the group's last Houston stop. Usually they require the lucky receivers to sing their favorite Coldplay song or similar trivia.

A roadie is part of "the road crew (or roadies) are the technicians who travel with a band on tour, usually in sleeper buses, and handle every part of the concert " according to Wiki. They basically do everything and make sure everything goes smoothly.

And it's not July. Haha!

THANKS for getting me up to speed (of sound).....Now I feel I can talk the lingo of the younger fans......:D