✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Jul-09: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Houston, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

It appears to me that ANY seat in the covered part of the arena is better than the lawn seats, especially in TEXAS DURING JULY ! Even though the concert starts at 7:30 pm, that is about sundown. I would look for 95 degree heat at concert start.

Dont even mention the wet stuff, so the covered seats really are better. Its all in perception. :laugh3:

I haven't been in North Houston for a while. Have they put the roof back since Ike? I am more concerned with July = hurricane season

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been in North Houston for a while. Have they put the roof back since Ike? I am more concerned with July = hurricane season

dont know, havent been there for years my ownself. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

You are correct about the hurricanes- I had forgot about that issue which is real for Texas during July. Keep ur fingers crossed.

Can someone tell- Is the roof back on at Woodlands that Hurricane Ike took away? :o

TAYAKD

First try, I was lighting fast, 2 tickets for section 107 row D 4-5. I Snatched them quickly then kept searching on 2 computers until about 15 minutes later I found 2 tickets for section 101 row Z 9-10...wow dont know how I pulled that off. haha I'm so glad I got my tax return last week!

I guess it was better than the Dallas presale. We got tickets in sec 101 row Z seats 11-12. I think we might be seating next you SA_Spurs_TX. BTW we're also from San Antonio. Looks like we're going on a road trip....Dallas then Houston! :)

I'm thankful for the tix but they don't compare to the tix we had in November for the Toyota Center concert. I'm still psyched!

According to the Woodlands Pavilion website, they have indeed replaced the roof. Apparently they added some more covered seats as well in the process.

And heck yeah San Antonio people! I'll actually be traveling from Center Point since I'm working at a camp, but still, San Antonio is my home!

I guess it was better than the Dallas presale. We got tickets in sec 101 row Z seats 11-12. I think we might be seating next you SA_Spurs_TX. BTW we're also from San Antonio. Looks like we're going on a road trip....Dallas then Houston! :)

I'm thankful for the tix but they don't compare to the tix we had in November for the Toyota Center concert. I'm still psyched!

awesome! So which seats did you have for Toyota Center?? I had like row 17 of the back section on the floor..not that good at all..

I finally ended up with 111 (that tiny section on the right) Row C 5-7. Hmmm. Not so terribly bad. But those friggin charges are still bothering me immensely. I know, I know, it's ticketmaster...but it's still outrageous! I bought the two others for my friends, who may not be willing to pay back the $100+ per ticket...I guess I could resell them. Gosh, this is depressing.

Guest LiquidSky
My girlfriend was able to get us 108 Row C 27-28 which is not bad. I'm glad to be going. I've kinda given up on getting lower level section seats on these shows. It seems almost impossible.

yes, same here. I got 107 section tickets but we'll see how it goes tomorrow. My friend is gonna try to get us better seats tomorrow. I'm just happy I'm going.. we'll see... if it doesn't get canceled.

Guest LiquidSky
I just settled for the lawn seats. I was going to get reserved seats but they were crap and expensive while the lawn seats are crap and cheap :smug:

nice theory :wink:

awesome! So which seats did you have for Toyota Center?? I had like row 17 of the back section on the floor..not that good at all..

:angry:

I'm with you on the Toyoto Center floor seats. We had approx 10 rows of seats behind us to the end, so we were about as far away as you can get on the floor- it suked even at my height. ANY seats in the stands would have been better, wont make that mistake again. :\

Well that WAS kind of crap! Ugh... I am taking a gamble and just trying again tomorrow... Compared with Toyota Center last year, the selection was awful. I got two seats for the November show in Sec. 105 row 6, right next to the stage - it was amazing! I'm not exactly expecting to be that lucky again, but I'd at least like to be in the lower section...

These presales can be hit and miss anyways, since they just have a pool of tickets and they aren't necessarily the best. I can't afford to buy a crap ticket then find out I could get a better one tomorrow! At least with the presale it gives you chances I guess...

I got the following offers, but decided to wait.. Some were fairly decent, so I hope I don't regret the decision:

Sec. 101, row X

Sec. 102, row DD and HH

Sec. 103, row X

I just hope I don't regret not taking the row X ones, since those were the closest I could get today...

The PIT is general admission for this show, so no seats... mmm.

I'm thinking I'll have some luck in the general sale. Since none of my (lame) friends what to go this year since it's in the middle of the week and at the Woodlands, I'm just looking for the one ticket I guess...

I had sec 122 row 3...right by the along black platforms and close to the stage. It was awesome!

:angry:

I'm with you on the Toyoto Center floor seats. We had approx 10 rows of seats behind us to the end, so we were about as far away as you can get on the floor- it suked even at my height. ANY seats in the stands would have been better, wont make that mistake again. :\

ya floor seats are only good for the fisrt few rows. I was in the stands and The view of the guys and the lights were great and no heads got in the way. But I would have liked to have been a little closer.

PIT seats are really good at Cynthia Woods Pavilion. But the PIT is REALLY small so you'll be lucky to get tickets for it.

I'm hoping to get better seats tomorrow. For the Britney Spears concert comin up I waited for the general sale and got much better tickets than people in pre-sale. :)

I just settled for the lawn seats. I was going to get reserved seats but they were crap and expensive while the lawn seats are crap and cheap :smug:

That's the attitude! :smug:

My sister and I are doing the same for the Tampa show.

Heck, we're poor college students and proud :lol:

EDIT: got lucky on the general sale. Now must work in the summer to recover the ticket cost :dozey:

So I'm just browsing for tickets during this general sale, and I'm pretty much getting the same thing. I'd like to get Pit, since it's general admission/SRO, but I am not finding any. Anyone here get any?

No luck here either. The searches are taking 5 minutes andI keep getting lawn seats. I'm trying to get through ticketmaster on the phone but the wait is ten minutes.

Guest LiquidSky
No luck here either. The searches are taking 5 minutes andI keep getting lawn seats. I'm trying to get through ticketmaster on the phone but the wait is ten minutes.

my first try I got lawn seats. I think everything might be sold out already. They might only have lawn tickets...:(

Guest LiquidSky
I am getting reserved right now. Don't give it the option to give you lawn, go 97.50 or the next one down, just not lawn (35)

BTW, I *hate* the security check words. Seriously!

I did! But it's taking up to 5 minutes. This sucks...