✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Jul-09: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Houston, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

Damn, well my gamble didn't pay off, lol... That was even worse than yesterday, I'm really surprised! That has to have been the worst ticket selection ever for a concert on the day the tickets go on sale... I've never had that bad luck before :shocked2:

Oh well, I guess I should have gone with the Sec 102 DD seats I pulled up yesterday, but that's life I guess. It's crazy to think that the best I was able to pull up were those and Sec 101 and 103 row X (although these were on the way outer edge). To be honest, I love Coldplay, but I just don't have the doe right now to just be buying multiple tickets. Chances are you can resell them and all, but I don't want to risk that. The concert isn't for another five months, so I'll be saving and searching till then :D

I've found as it gets closer to the show and some people realise they cannot go, they sell them for near face value. Anyway, I'd rather pay a little more and get a better ticket when I have the cash in a few more months!

Ooh, yeah, and that was kind of sketchy how it said 'full pricke tickets' lol... and also if that stupid text we have to enter is supposed to stop scalpers, etc. how come they STILL get the good seats?!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ sorry to hear that mrman78! Yeah, it sucks.

An interesting though, after several searches with other ticket agencies (stubhub, stubhsearch, etc) I am not finding any pit tickets! I'm surprised. Maybe they'll be released later? Have they been sold? I don't know...

I hope you guys all got tickets that will be satisfactory. Just remember though, if you were able to get tickets, you HAVE tickets to see one of the greatest bands in the world!!

Guest LiquidSky
Damn, well my gamble didn't pay off, lol... That was even worse than yesterday, I'm really surprised! That has to have been the worst ticket selection ever for a concert on the day the tickets go on sale... I've never had that bad luck before :shocked2:

Oh well, I guess I should have gone with the Sec 102 DD seats I pulled up yesterday, but that's life I guess. It's crazy to think that the best I was able to pull up were those and Sec 101 and 103 row X (although these were on the way outer edge). To be honest, I love Coldplay, but I just don't have the doe right now to just be buying multiple tickets. Chances are you can resell them and all, but I don't want to risk that. The concert isn't for another five months, so I'll be saving and searching till then :D

I've found as it gets closer to the show and some people realise they cannot go, they sell them for near face value. Anyway, I'd rather pay a little more and get a better ticket when I have the cash in a few more months!

Ooh, yeah, and that was kind of sketchy how it said 'full pricke tickets' lol...

What?! 102!DD?>! Are you crazy?> I would have lend you my card!! I don't know on whether to buy the lawn tickets for Dallas.. or just wait for more dates.:confused:

What?! 102!DD?>! Are you crazy?> I would have lend you my card!! I don't know on whether to buy the lawn tickets for Dallas.. or just wait for more dates.:confused:

Yeah, I know, and they were aisle! I'm stupid :cry:

I just went on the theory of when I've tried to get tickets before, if you refresh you usually get better seats (I got row X in Secs 101 and 103, but they were on the outer edges, so not necessarily better). For November, this worked amazingly. My first try I got Floor E Row 14, then I refreshed and got Sec 105 row 6 - basically front row on the side! So it's a gamble...

Oh well, I have five months to figure it out, lol...

Guest LiquidSky
Yeah, I know, and they were aisle! I'm stupid :cry:

I just went on the theory of when I've tried to get tickets before, if you refresh you usually get better seats (I got row X in Secs 101 and 103, but they were on the outer edges, so not necessarily better). For November, this worked amazingly. My first try I got Floor E Row 14, then I refreshed and got Sec 105 row 6 - basically front row on the side! So it's a gamble...

Oh well, I have five months to figure it out, lol...

5 months to have it ready :p I'm just kinda disappointed cause they didn't pop up for me. Well good luck next time :wink:

I'm REALLLLLLY mad with the tickets.

I should've just gotten my tickets yesterday. I was getting better seats in the pre-sale.

I got section 106, Row R 28-27 and paid the SAME price people in the closer sections paid. I feel jipped. It should've been in the $80 range, not the $100 range!!! :(

GUYS IM FREAKING OUT!!!!

i waited for this album for threee years just like everyone else. day in and day out i was at coldplay.com and i lived the days from the beginning to the release of the album. i was so happy when they released the tour dates last year and i wanted to go to the houston concert in November. and when november came my friends went and i didn't cause i didnt have the money. and what hurt was that they are not hardcore coldplay fans!!

THAT HAS ALL CHANGED!!!!!

i worked my butt off at work to raise money for this concert(im 16 btw) . and i now have the tickets right in front of me( i also paid for my mom and dad because they are loving coldplay also). i cannot emphasize how much this means to me!

this is just unreal. in 5 months my life will change and i will be with the hardcore coldplay fans that ive been wanting to meet ever since i discovered coldplaying.com. i hope to see many of u there!!

MY FIRST COLDPLAY CONCERT!!!!!!!!

Section 107 Row V Seat 17,18,19

:D

GUYS IM FREAKING OUT!!!!

i waited for this album for threee years just like everyone else. day in and day out i was at coldplay.com and i lived the days from the beginning to the release of the album. i was so happy when they released the tour dates last year and i wanted to go to the houston concert in November. and when november came my friends went and i didn't cause i didnt have the money. and what hurt was that they are not hardcore coldplay fans!!

THAT HAS ALL CHANGED!!!!!

i worked my butt off at work to raise money for this concert(im 16 btw) . and i now have the tickets right in front of me( i also paid for my mom and dad because they are loving coldplay also). i cannot emphasize how much this means to me!

this is just unreal. in 5 months my life will change and i will be with the hardcore coldplay fans that ive been wanting to meet ever since i discovered coldplaying.com. i hope to see many of u there!!

MY FIRST COLDPLAY CONCERT!!!!!!!!

Section 107 Row V Seat 17,18,19

:D

I like this guy. He understands that he'll be there and that's awesome enough. I'll be there too! 108, Row C, 27-28

BUT, my Dallas seats are slightly better. :) 202 FF 14-15

^I'm not going to the Houston concert, but I understand how you feel.

I couldn;t go to their Tampa concert back in 2006 b/c I didn't have money. AND had to wait 2 loooong years to see then for the 1st time in Orlando. Took my brother (not fan, assigned driver) and my sister (fan). Totally worth the wait, and I had the luck of being in the section were they sang The Scientist. I didn't expect to see them that close, AMAZING!

How your seats are better in Dallas? 202 better than 108? :thinking:

I have tickets for both concerts in Texas. The tickets I have for the Superpages.com center are 202 row FF. For CWMP I have 108 C

http://www.livenation.com/venue/superpagescom-center-tickets

Check out the 3d seating chart. And then

http://www.woodlandscenter.org/2009_fac_seating_chart.pdf

That's for CWMP, they're both center, so they're good seats, but I'm a little closer in Dallas.

If I ever met them I would be able to die happy.

We should have people all around the pavilion keeping a look out for them:cool:

Totally! At the toyota center concert I met a guy who took pictured with Tom Yorke from radiohead, by waiting after the concert. He said there is "only 1 exit" from where artists can leave. Apparently it's true...

Totally! At the toyota center concert I met a guy who took pictured with Tom Yorke from radiohead, by waiting after the concert. He said there is "only 1 exit" from where artists can leave. Apparently it's true...

That is so cool, we need to find out where performers at the Cynthia Woods Pavilion exit, then just wait there. we should be looking all around the venue before the show(for the exit and COLDPLAY):D.

Oooh! Sounds like a wonderful plan! Since it's in the summer, I'm lucky enough to be off--I'll probably be hanging around the venue all day, should something indeed happen! Usually it's a school night or whatever at most concerts, and my friends/parents want to leave...yes, they are losers...but screw it all, this is Coldplay!!! I'm so freaking glad I got tickets from the presale, the public sale sounds like it was total crap! Sorry to all you guys who couldn't get tickets. And yeah, closer to the concert date, there are definitely some nice fans who won't be able to go and will take face value--this is how I got to go to my first concert, U2 at that, for about $100 a pop. Anyway, good luck! Only five months to go...

I guess it was better than the Dallas presale. We got tickets in sec 101 row Z seats 11-12. I think we might be seating next you SA_Spurs_TX. BTW we're also from San Antonio. Looks like we're going on a road trip....Dallas then Houston! :)

I'm thankful for the tix but they don't compare to the tix we had in November for the Toyota Center concert. I'm still psyched!

Looks like we got really lucky, I cant find many other ppl who got seats closer than 101 row Z. I did see 4 seats go for 900 dollars on section 101 row C..ridiculous.