✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' now!

Its ok i guess don't like the start of the song but it gets better towards the middle.

Didn't like Violet Hill as well still don't so no big deal might be better tracks on the album.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my friends said it sounded like Taio Cruz' "Dynamite" and U2 combined. I told them that Brian Eno is the producer, so that's why it sounds a bit like U2. I can't understand why they think it sounds like Dynamite, though. :thinking:

Maybe the synth riffs in the beginning.

And oddly enought, that song immediately came to mind when we got the first lyrics with the fuzzy man video...

Alright, before I say my thoughts....I love Coldplay to death, and as with everyone else, new music of theirs takes some getting used to. I know I cannot judge their LP5 just based off of this song, but a song from one album can say a lot about the album as a whole.

Heck, who knows, maybe next week I will be listening to this song every day and be absolutely in love with it....but as of now, I hate it. It's not Coldplay AT. ALL. It's SOOOO generational. It's conformist for the pop-culture we have in this day and age. You have this easy bubble-gum pop beat with lyrics that aren't nearly as in depth as Coldplay has the power of managing. It's like a dance-tune, almost...and that's sad- It's just really poppy, and I'm afraid that all of these people who maybe know one or two songs by Coldplay will absolutely love this song just for that facet alone. It's not them, and it's just not the soft-rock, piano and acoustic guitar I grew up loving. I know they want to twist it up, but sometimes people don't want this dramatic of a change. And to me, it's a huge change. Viva la Vida took some getting used to, but I accepted it straight from the start because the lyrics had meaning, and I actually really loved how it gave this Renaissance feel...and that was different, but we all accepted the change because it was indeed a different yet really cool change. But this....this change is heading for failure.

I miss AROBTTH and Parachutes...they need to stick with the old and maybe add in a few twists...but not this bad. To me, it's a bit too over-the-top, and it depresses me. If their new album is remotely like this song at all (and I'm already hating the spray paint background and graffiti letters), I will cry myself to tears...I'll be extremely pissed.

I just miss their real music....not this overpowering blair of on-coming sounds...When I first heard Christmas Lights, I was like, FUCK YES. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THIS NEW ALBUM. THEY HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. And I know they specifically said that the song wasn't necessarily a precurser to what was to be expected of their next album, but of course, everyone draws inferences that it would be some-what close...now I've just lost all hope. Hopefully hopefully hopefully this is just an EP and not an actual tune from their CD....because this really, really sucks.

Curse you Brian Eno >=(

I'm trying not to panic right now...but it's hurting.

EDIT: If you haven't noticed, there are a ton of songs out these days who use old songs in their new pop-generation tunes....like Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek was used in Jason Derulo's Watcha Say, as well as The Verve's Bittersweet Symphony being used in Ridin' Solo by Derulo. . .I know Coldplay gave credit to Allen and whoever else, but they're doing the EXACT same thing as these stupid pop artists. Is it really necessary? Do they need that mass appeal? They have brilliant minds of their own. Why do they need to use The Sacado's Ritmo de la Noche...which sounds like a work-out song? THEY KNOW HOW TO WRITE THEIR OWN GREAT MUSIC. Gahhh someone stop me before I crack my computer keyboard for smacking it so hard.

i really like the song, i gave it 8/10. I enjoy the upbeat of the song and it reminds me of strawberry swing at points. I think I have my summer song or if not I have my song that'll remind me of the damn exams i'm about to sit! I think it's a positive song and for one of them reasons alone i think makes it a great coldplay song. I love the last minute of it, it just puts a massive grin on my face and makes me feel all fuzzy inside lol. I heard it in the shop today and started wriggling my bum to it while waiting for my roll to be made and got a few funny looks but i didn't care, it just brings an overwhelming feeling of happiness to me that i love. Can't wait to hear it live and can't wait even more for LP5. Well done Coldplay you took a brave risk and I think it's paid off

Alright, before I say my thoughts....I love Coldplay to death, and as with everyone else, new music of theirs takes some getting used to. I know I cannot judge their LP5 just based off of this song, but a song from one album can say a lot about the album as a whole.

Heck, who knows, maybe next week I will be listening to this song every day and be absolutely in love with it....but as of now, I hate it. It's not Coldplay AT. ALL. It's SOOOO generational. It's conformist for the pop-culture we have in this day and age. You have this easy bubble-gum pop beat with lyrics that aren't nearly as in depth as Coldplay has the power of managing. It's like a dance-tune, almost...and that's sad- It's just really poppy, and I'm afraid that all of these people who maybe know one or two songs by Coldplay will absolutely love this song just for that facet alone. It's not them, and it's just not the soft-rock, piano and acoustic guitar I grew up loving. I know they want to twist it up, but sometimes people don't want this dramatic of a change. And to me, it's a huge change. Viva la Vida took some getting used to, but I accepted it straight from the start because the lyrics had meaning, and I actually really loved how it gave this Renaissance feel...and that was different, but we all accepted the change because it was indeed a different yet really cool change. But this....this change is heading for failure.

I miss AROBTTH and Parachutes...they need to stick with the old and maybe add in a few twists...but not this bad. To me, it's a bit too over-the-top, and it depresses me. If their new album is remotely like this song at all (and I'm already hating the spray paint background and graffiti letters), I will cry myself to tears...I'll be extremely pissed.

I just miss their real music....not this overpowering blair of on-coming sounds...When I first heard Christmas Lights, I was like, FUCK YES. I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THIS NEW ALBUM. THEY HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. And I know they specifically said that the song wasn't necessarily a precurser to what was to be expected of their next album, but of course, everyone draws inferences that it would be some-what close...now I've just lost all hope. Hopefully hopefully hopefully this is just an EP and not an actual tune from their CD....because this really, really sucks.

I kind of strongly dislike Brian Eno now.

+1

I agree !!!!

I like it, but not as up beat as I thought it would be...was hoping for more of an anthem like song like VLV. But nonetheless, I still like it. I know a lot of people are disappointed but can't blame them for wanting to do something different...hopefully once they perform it life everyone will like it more :)

Perez Hilton love Coldplay!

http://twitter.com/#!/PerezHilton

"PerezHilton Perez Hilton

I am obsessively playing the new #Coldplay single nonstop! Listen to it HERE http://bit.ly/kAlJkY So epic!":D

and more.....

http://perezhilton.com/2011-06-03-new-coldplay-and-its-amazing

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Chris and the boys really hit it out of the park! Not just a homerun but a grand slam!

After a bit of a break in between albums, their brand new single is such a powerful, instant, undeniable, huge, global hit.

It feels sooooo good on the ears!

Check out Coldplay's Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (above).

We can't stop listening!!!!

Coldplay at its best!!!

:P

......I don't know that is fine or not!

The song is growing on me. Starting to imagine how they would play this live, and I can't help but to think that the guitar solo part reminds me of Lovers In Japan, so maybe instead f butterflies it woulf rain during their concerts. Not on the audience, but on stage or something, I've seen it done before.

Gotta say...this song absolutely BLOWS.....:cry:

I was expecting sooo much more from them...I thought ETIAW would be a Ladder to the Sun-like song but just more acoustic guitars...

Instead, we get this R&B/Pop/techno crap that everyone seems to be in love with today......(And I thought that 80s music was bad!)

I'm really disappointed here, coming from a guy who fell in love with the band when I first heard Yellow on the radio in 2001....Coldplay is really losing me here....it's almost depressing...:cry:

Whatever happened to "intimacy with fans" that we kept hearing? They sold out to the popular crowd who enjoys really crappy music IMHO...

If the whole album is like this, I may not even buy it....(that's a first)

I really miss the old, emotional, deep, Coldplay....the one that used catchy piano rifs....and amazing use of lyrics....I understand you have to evolve as a band but at least keep it in the same genre to some extent!

Everybody just needs to calm down, this is a light hearted upbeat summer song, that's all. Is it there best work? Not even close. Is it as bad as some of you are saying? Not even close. I can just imagine listening to this song, cruising with the windows down and just feeling good. The perfect festival song. Im confident LP5 will have much deeper and mediative songs. I'm not even entirely sure this will even be on LP5, but if it is, im sure it will fit somehow. Overall i give it an 8, listen, love, laugh and dance.

My god you guys , this is exactly the same thing on the forums as 4 years ago before Viva was released with Violet Hill ! Coldplay is going to make it an amazing album , and this song is released specifically for the Festivals , which was a good call because it's a great live festival banging song. Don't forget about amazing things like 'Famous old Painters' Christmas lights' Wedding Bells' that have been released recently !!

Sometimes Coldplayers are just as unneciserilly jumpy-nervous with new releases like Chris Martin himself.. ah well maybe that makes perfect sence..

LP5 WILL be amazing, and im hearing ETIAW Live next saturday :D

Further thoughts:

Personally, X&Y was the peak of Coldplay's popularity with me. Viva was a great album, don't get me wrong, it was possibly better than X&Y but it was still such a dramatic change that it took a bit of getting used to for me....it had less piano, and more...synths? Whatever...still, while it was a bit "odd" I still loved several tracks from it.

When I head the FIRST demo of Wedding Bells, I was thinking "Yes! They're going back to AROB!" And my suspicions grew after hearing CL. Then...we started to hear about the content of LP5 and what it's influences were....I was devastated...

But I still had hope that Chris was just talking BS like he does every now and then....:dozey:

But after hearing this, my suspicions are confirmed...the Coldplay that I know and love...will never the same...it's all over...:cry:

I's sooooo pissed right now I'm slamming on the keys!!!!!! :cry:

i haven't posted on this forum in a long, long time but i felt the need to log in and share my opinion of coldplay's new 5th album era single.

etiaw is extremely disappointing.

it seems as though the band are trying to ride off the success of their mediocre number one single viva la vida.

coldplay have turned into a synth-dance band.

it lacks depth both musically and lyrically.

to be honest, it doesn't even sound like coldplay.

i completely understand that a lot of coldplay fans will enjoy this however it is not to my taste.

as chris martin once said, ‘if you think the new stuff is shit, listen to the old stuff’ – the best advice i’ve ever heard.

I wish there was a "like" option, so I could like this without having to quote it pages away from your first posting of it...

I agree 100 % with you, and also about waiting to hear the LP5...I just hope it isn't all like this single. But ...what do you expect from a guy whose best friend is Jay Z and Beyonce? I mean really.....who wouldn't move to the mainstream under that influence?