✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well, in fact when I wrote it I was thinking too that maybe it's better to do whatever they want. But I meant more if they put on the table a bunch of titles or covers or something and let us pick one of them. I don't know, what if they want to do that?

I still think they should pick everything about the band. They really do know best what reflects the songs, given that they'd have spent an age with them, working on them etc.

Things become a bit X Factor when fans pick and choose what they want from their music. Artists should create art, and fans should then take what the artist produces. That's just my opinion though, of course.

It's a good idea in theory, but in practice, I could never see myself agreeing with it for a band like Coldplay. That's not to say I'm right and everyone else is wrong, I just think Coldplay have such clear identity when it comes to deciding what's best for their music.

So the Paul McCartney single was released today and I really wish Coldplay could have a similar sound in at least one of their songs. Maybe I'm just dreaming, but as much as I love Paul McCartney, Chris' voice would be perfect for an upbeat song like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-EX38A1Rlg]PAUL MCCARTNEY - FCKING "NEW" SONG - YouTube[/ame]

The 'Atlas' artwork reminds me of Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends -- it has that painting feel to it (it looks very canvas-driven, which I suppose could be a direction for LP6). They also have a new 'logo', or at least Text. It's not the original fault (What was it called? Albetross or something akin to that?) but it does look rather nice, better than Mylo Xyloto.

They also have a new 'logo', or at least Text. It's not the original fault (What was it called? Albetross or something akin to that?) but it does look rather nice, better than Mylo Xyloto.

I think that's The Hunger Games font. The font Coldplay used previously is called Albertus.

Yeah the artwork part of it has nothing to do with Coldplay. I think this is definitely a stand alone single for the movie, and has nothing to do will LP6. Although who knows, maybe it will the "style" they are headed in next. I personally think it will be a "classic" Coldplay song. I hope it is upbeat too.

Yeah, I wonder how this song will be remembered among the pantheon of Coldplay songs...A classic, top 10, one of the worst, one of the best, will it be lumped into the pop-heavy category of MX music?....

:thinking2:

Best Song Ever

Yeah, I wonder how this song will be remembered among the pantheon of Coldplay songs...A classic, top 10, one of the worst, one of the best, will it be lumped into the pop-heavy category of MX music?....

:thinking2:

The song that the Coldplayers waited and waited and waited fr and was then delayed. That's what it will be known as.